Best DAC/AMP combo under $300 that isnt the O2.....?

Profoundsoup

Get the fuck out of here lockless, Im using FLAC and I dont have hearing issues. Go be a fuckhead somewhere else 

You don't own the Audio section, nor do you even own the forums. FLAC is just there to take up space, thats it, nothing more, nothing less, plus you may want to have a check up on your ears anyways. And yeah, if you don't like our responses, then I suggest you go to HeadFi.

Why are you such a cunt with your responses? Jesus just stop relying to my postings. You offer nothing but being a condescending jackass. Just fuck off, I mean really lol

Like I said, you don't own the Audio section, nor do you even own the forums. You don't like us? Then I suggest going to HeadFi.

You don't own the Audio section, nor do you even own the forums. FLAC is just there to take up space, thats it, nothing more, nothing less, plus you may want to have a check up on your ears anyways. And yeah, if you don't like our responses, then I suggest you go to HeadFi.

Like I said, you don't own the Audio section, nor do you even own the forums. You don't like us? Then I suggest going to HeadFi.

Or..............you both could fuck off and not comment on my posts because you bring nothing but snarky remarks. That way you dont have to deal with my retarded questions and I dont have to deal with your "Ive got a stick up my ass" attitude. Win win situation  :)

Or..............you both could fuck off and not comment on my posts because you bring nothing but snarky remarks. That way you dont have to deal with my retarded questions and I dont have to deal with your "Ive got a stick up my ass" attitude. Win win situation  :)

Or have your ears checked first. :)

Why are you such a cunt with your responses?

Because that's how I like to be.

I'm circumspectly trying to save you money, but it's yours to waste in the end.

Because that's how I like to be.

I'm circumspectly trying to save you money, but it's yours to waste in the end.

Making constantly snarky responses is NOT a way to get people to listen to anything you say lol. I mean, you do you. Just not with me. Thanks! 

Making constantly snarky responses is NOT a way to get people to listen to anything you say lol. I mean, you do you. Just not with me. Thanks! 

Maybe not, but it's pretty entertaining for some.

You proved my point exactly, thank you. 

You're welcome :D

So... you like it when people rub sugar down your ear canal? Reality check, not everyone wants to or will do it with anyone, even if they're told to. 

Why are you such a cunt with your responses? Jesus just stop relying to my postings. You offer nothing but being a condescending jackass. Just fuck off, I mean really lol

He was just saying the facts.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

What is wrong with checking your ears really ? I don't find the comment to be offensive, at least not in this thread. People have all sorts of health problems and hearing is one of them. I my-self have tinnitus issues probably because I listened to music way too loud back in the days. There's not much I can do for it, but at least I know that I have this problem with my hearing.

And just to be a smart mouth, listening to FLAC files doesn't mean that you are an "audiophile" or have perfect hearing. I could have my 3 years old girl listen to FLAC files...

If you don't like the sound of the O2+ODAC and the units were not defective, then maybe you don't like having a flat sound ? It is all a matter of preferences really.

What is wrong with checking your ears really ? I don't find the comment to be offensive, at least not in this thread. People have all sorts of health problems and hearing is one of them. I my-self have tinnitus issues probably because I listened to music way too loud back in the days. There's not much I can do for it, but at least I know that I have this problem with my hearing.

And just to be a smart mouth, listening to FLAC files doesn't mean that you are an "audiophile" or have perfect hearing. I could have my 3 years old girl listen to FLAC files...

If you don't like the sound of the O2+ODAC and the units were not defective, then maybe you don't like having a flat sound ? It is all a matter of preferences really.

LOL.......Im 19.....You guys are what? Like 40? Telling me to go get my ears checked because I think the O2 sounds like trash. Please..........also yeah the O2 is garbage compared to the Modi & Magni. I have them side by side comparing and the O2 is trash for a $300 AMP/DAC.

I also think the HD-800's sound like garbage. Damn it must be my ears, it couldn't possibly be my opinion or anything. I must be fucked up clearly because I dont agree with your opinions. God forbid

The penny drops.

Do you ever contribute positively or have you just been hated by everyone your entire life that you have the need to act like a bitch all the time? 

LOL.......Im 19.....You guys are what? Like 40? Telling me to go get my ears checked because I think the O2 sounds like trash. Please..........also yeah the O2 is garbage compared to the Modi & Magni. I have them side by side comparing and the O2 is trash for a $300 AMP/DAC.

I also think the HD-800's sound like garbage. Damn it must be my ears, it couldn't possibly be my opinion or anything. I must be fucked up clearly because I dont agree with your opinions. God forbid

Grow up, seriously. You cant outwit someone who's using his brain with profanity.

I dont care who you are or how rich you are, I fucking hate people who dont use their brain cells.

Grow up, seriously. You cant outwit someone who's using his brain with profanity.

I dont care who you are or how rich you are, I fucking hate people who dont use their brain cells.

Damn you got me, I must not being using my brain cells. Sorry, Im offended now, I hope you are happy. Im sorry I offended you also with my naughty words, want me to call mommy and daddy and let them know my words hurt you? :(

My cousin was wondering why he couldn't hear anything on his left earcup. I yelled straight at his ear and he couldn't here jack shit. Turns out he had an impacted ear.

I am not sure which compression gives a significant degradation of the audio, but I'm pretty sure FLAC's a space hog... thats it.

I'm 17 and I think you're half my age based on your attitude.

The penny drops.

LMFAO

Do you ever contribute positively or have you just been hated by everyone your entire life that you have the need to act like a bitch all the time? 

Look who's talking...

Reminds me of the time I saw someone crash their Lamborghini Gallardo in a highway. There's a speed limit for a reason...

Damn you got me, I must not being using my brain cells. Sorry, Im offended now, I hope you are happy. Im sorry I offended you also with my naughty words, want me to call mommy and daddy and let them know my words hurt you?  :(

I'd ask you to stop, but I doubt you would.

My cousin was wondering why he couldn't hear anything on his left earcup. I yelled straight at his ear and he couldn't here jack shit. Turns out he had an impacted ear.

I am not sure which compression gives a significant degradation of the audio, but I'm pretty sure FLAC's a space hog... thats it.

I'm 17 and I think you're half my age based on your attitude.

LMFAO

Look who's talking...

Reminds me of the time I saw someone crash their Lamborghini Gallardo in a highway. There's a speed limit for a reason...

I'd ask you to stop, but I doubt you would.

You tell me I need to check up on my hearing, that offended me because I actually have amazing hearing compared to most people so I took offence to that you would talk about something in a real world just because I think a product is shit. I mean I could call people out on being fat without knowing them, its the same thing. So people say "oh you need to go get your hearing checked" thats more of a douchebag thing to say then anything I said before that. 

I also get pissed off when Im looking for help on things and people come and comment with witty responses for no reason. Thats what pissed me off, Im trying to get help and people just come in and act all condescending and as if they have a stick up their ass. When Im just asking for alittle help. Like seriously 

"You tell me I need to check up on my hearing, that offended me because I actually have amazing hearing compared to most people so I took offence to that you would talk about something in a real world just because I think a product is shit."

This is all pure nonsense. I've got a "perfect hearing too". It's got something to do with having a healthy pair of earlobes, tympanic membrane, some smallest bones in the human body, and cochlea with cochlear nerves. The rest depends on the abilities of the primary and secondary hearing cortex, and finaly multimodal associative cortex respectively. For example: you will be good in music theory, and can tell accords properly, if your brain is wired to understand them easily, and to do it it ofc needs to have a proper input, from healthy auditory system. 

A lot of variables, whether you have healthy or damaged hearing. Lots of ways perception differes and deceives. The ONLY objective way is to test devices with references and electronics equipment you can trust. Using these things, O2 and odac are the best out there, proven. Simple. That's why you actually might have a defect somewhere in your audio chain, and again, the point that your other amp sounds better to you, is ok, but o2/odac is flat and good.

Now, it might sound bad to you, and that's FINE. It doesn't necessarily mean you're deaf or damaged in any way. Your perception might be different. You might be subject to expectation bias / placebo too. ALL HUMANS ARE, always. So that's fine too. Just all the things to keep in mind.

Telling someone to go check his hearing does sound a bit offending, but nowhere near to justify your aggresive response. That will maybe scare some people, but majority will see it as a sign of rudeness and lack of self confidence infact. Admit you're wrong to yourself, learn and move on. That's the way. You don't have to apologize to anyone here, but do heed the advice of people that only want to save your and your parents hard earned cash, and, while it DOES sound a bit aggresive, a BIT, you really COULD have a hearing problem if you hear a flat response wrong. I'm certain it was said in good intent, and not meant to insult you. There's no reason to. Think about it, read it again. That comment wasn't there to insult you.

"You tell me I need to check up on my hearing, that offended me because I actually have amazing hearing compared to most people so I took offence to that you would talk about something in a real world just because I think a product is shit."

This is all pure nonsense. I've got a "perfect hearing too". It's got something to do with having a healthy pair of earlobes, tympanic membrane, some smallest bones in the human body, and cochlea with cochlear nerves. The rest depends on the abilities of the primary and secondary hearing cortex, and finaly multimodal associative cortex respectively. For example: you will be god in music theory, and can tell accords properly, if your brain is wired to understand them easily, and to do it it ofc needs to have a proper input, from healty auditory system. 

A lot of variables, whether you have healthy or damaged hearing. Lots of ways perception differes and deceives. The ONLY objective way is to test devices with references and electronics equipment you can trust. Using these things, O2 and odac are the best out there, proven. Simple.

Now, it might sound bad to you, and that's FINE. It doesn't necessarily mean you're deaf or damaged in any way. Your perception might be different. You might be subject to expectation bias / placebo too. ALL HUMANS ARE, always. So that's fine too. Just all the things to keep in mind.

Telling someone to go check his hearing does sound a bit offending, but nowhere near to justify your aggresive response. That will maybe scare some people, but majority will see it as a sign of rudeness and lack of self confidence infact. Admit you're wrong to yourself, learn and move on. That's the way. You don't have to apologize to anyone here, but do heed the advice of people that only want to save your and your parents hard earned cash, and, while it DOES sound a bit aggresive, a BIT, you really COULD have a hearing problem if you hear a flat response wrong. I'm certain it was said in good intent, and not meant to insult you. There's no reason to. Think about it, read it again. That comment wasn't there to insult you.

Thank you. What I do know is after all this I am never coming to this forum to ask about ANYTHING audio related again. Everywhere else on the forums there is no issue with people and everyone is super helpful. But here, the people here are a joke. Never helpful, always condescending, and always witty with nothing good to say. No one else has a stick so far up there ass as the people who comment on this audio forum. My God, fuck this place. I will NEVER recommend someone to come here for audio help again. Jesus 

Thank you. What I do know is after all this I am never coming to this forum to ask about ANYTHING audio related again. Everywhere else on the forums there is no issue with people and everyone is super helpful. But here, the people here are a joke. Never helpful, always condescending, and always witty with nothing good to say. No one else has a stick so far up there ass as the people who comment on this audio forum. My God, fuck this place. 

Plenty of people have attempted to help you. For some reason you decided to take offense at my suggestion that you might be having an issue given your impression of the O2 as having bloated bass. The O2 does not have bloated bass, period.

I did not mean to suggest your hearing was damaged in a derogatory way, I was seriously suggesting you to at least consider the possibility among others.

I bet on you having hearing problems because its just not entirely possible for an O2 to have bloated bass on its own. Measurements and even perceived hearing by many, many, many people have said that the O2 is flat and can even be considered boring.

Thank you. What I do know is after all this I am never coming to this forum to ask about ANYTHING audio related again. Everywhere else on the forums there is no issue with people and everyone is super helpful. But here, the people here are a joke. Never helpful, always condescending, and always witty with nothing good to say. No one else has a stick so far up there ass as the people who comment on this audio forum. My God, fuck this place. I will NEVER recommend someone to come here for audio help again. Jesus

Everyone was trying to help.

You were just getting very offended/mad

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It's your word that the O2 is a bass-bloated PoS against the numerous objective tests that show it actually is pretty flat, far flatter than some of it's much more expensive rivals for sure.

And you haven't said if you've actually ABX'd the two.  Nothing you say will take away the fact that your opinion is probably based more on perception and placebo than actual fact.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I've owned/tried many amp+dac in the sub $1000 range and had the o2+odac and schiit stack concurrently. The o2+odac sounds identical to the schiit stack unless it was defective as many people have said and there was no issue with bloated bass with th-900/he400/hd650/lcd2 plugged in. Heck, I'm currently using hp-a8 and I'd say the o2+odac is 90% identical to it, but then again I doubt I'd notice the difference between any capable solid state amp under $1000.