Looking for ~$300 Closed headphones

Waterloo

Over isn't a big deal but i just don't really need to go too much higher. The headphones i was looking at were the AKG K702, then i realized they were open. This is going to be my first pair of headphones, i have only owned gaming headsets before. I do want to get a Amp/DAC also and a microphone if anyone has recommendations for those also. I wanted to hook them up to my PS4 and PC with a mixer but when i posted about this i got no responses really except one saying it wouldn't work. So i guess that is out but anyone has any recommendations on that please let me know. Thanks for any help.

I guess DT770 or the ATH A900x, then add a mod mic or whatever. 

I guess DT770 or the ATH A900x, then add a mod mic or whatever.

I agree with this.
Imo, the hd8 headphones are a bad buy.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Over isn't a big deal but i just don't really need to go too much higher. The headphones i was looking at were the AKG K702, then i realized they were open. This is going to be my first pair of headphones, i have only owned gaming headsets before. I do want to get a Amp/DAC also and a microphone if anyone has recommendations for those also. I wanted to hook them up to my PS4 and PC with a mixer but when i posted about this i got no responses really except one saying it wouldn't work. So i guess that is out but anyone has any recommendations on that please let me know. Thanks for any help.

Get the 770's and this http://smile.amazon.com/AUDIOQUEST-DRAGONFLY-V1-2-USB-DAC/dp/B00H00VLZQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1442974227&sr=1-1&keywords=dragonfly+amp. You will be good to go! 

The dragonfly isn't that great and if you don't need the portability, there are far, far better options.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Were you looking at the K702 for a particular reason? Most closed headphones are going to have much more bass response than the K702 would.

If you're not worried about that, I'll suggest the K553 as it will still have similar AKG "qualities" that you would have gotten with the K702. If you want to use up your whole budget, the NAD Viso HP50 or PSB M4U would be other good options. They're more bassy and warm sounding than the K553 (they sound the same as each other, but the fit and finish is a bit different). 

The dragonfly isn't that great and if you don't need the portability, there are far, far better options.

I have been using this thing for 2 years. I had a O2 and to be 100% honest the Dragonfly sounds more clear to me and the O2 is 3 times its size LOL. At less than $300 I have yet to find anything better that is a USB AMP/DAC.

I was lookin

Were you looking at the K702 for a particular reason? Most closed headphones are going to have much more bass response than the K702 would.

If you're not worried about that, I'll suggest the K553 as it will still have similar AKG "qualities" that you would have gotten with the K702. If you want to use up your whole budget, the NAD Viso HP50 or PSB M4U would be other good options. They're more bassy and warm sounding than the K553 (they sound the same as each other, but the fit and finish is a bit different). 

No reason really, i looked around it had great ratings and reviews and was within budget. I want to upgrade my audio setup overall. Using Siberia Elites right now.

EDIT: Actually one feature i am looking for is a wide soundstage. I play a lot of FPS games and the farther i can hear footsteps the better.

Ok, so now i am looking at the DT770 and the A900x. So basically even though they are like $100 under budget, i will not get much better within this budget? I am not complaining, i don't care to spend extra money when it won't be much better. Again, Soundstage is important because it is mostly for gaming.

Ok, so now i am looking at the DT770 and the A900x. So basically even though they are like $100 under budget, i will not get much better within this budget? I am not complaining, i don't care to spend extra money when it won't be much better. Again, Soundstage is important because it is mostly for gaming.

Haven't heard the DT770 or A900X personally, but reviews say they have pretty good sound stage.

A900X would be my pick for gaming use

Ok, so what are going to be the main differences between the DT770 and the A900X? Because these seem like the 2 I should be picking between. As for the rest of the setup i wanted. I think i am just going to have to stick with the astro mixamp because i haven't found any other options.

Do you want open or closed headphones?

Do you care if other people can hear what's playing (e.g. playing at night)? 

If you go with a head headphone, there will be a wider soundstage (generally better for gaming) but it could bother people around you....It's a trade-off. 

If you're going closed i say the DT770 or even consider the Hyper X Cloud II

www.youtube.com/watch?v=63BxrNuXnYg

Closed, i usually listen to the headphones decently loud and play cs go late at night. I am leaning toward the Audio Technica ATH A900X closed now though, from what i read the dt770 is going to have a lot of base and it will take away from competitive edge id get from the headset. Trouble is im not big on buying the japan import version that has no warranty. Any know how big of a difference there is between the a700x and the a900x?

Closed, i usually listen to the headphones decently loud and play cs go late at night. I am leaning toward the Audio Technica ATH A900X closed now though, from what i read the dt770 is going to have a lot of base and it will take away from competitive edge id get from the headset. Trouble is im not big on buying the japan import version that has no warranty. Any know how big of a difference there is between the a700x and the a900x?

Probably about this much difference:

d42345d9f6.png

So considering a warranty, i am probably better of getting the 700x?

I haven't tried them but they're apparently a good headphone. They're Takstar Pro 80s with a mic. 

http://www.amazon.com/Takstar-Headphones-Monitor-Earphones-Professional/dp/B00FXSVSDW

They are NOT headphones at all. They are headset,gaming headset. They are good for the price,comfortable and light,but still as far as music goes they won't be as good as headphones. They are built mostly for gaming,maybe some music listening,but if you compare them to ATH M50 for example they are not even close. And they are about same price range. Also OP asked for HEADPHONES that are about THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS,not HEADSET that cost UNDER 100$. Posting that link just because that headset looks nice,or just because he doesn't know anything about audio,and he just got that headset and recommend it in every post,is just wrong. If he doesn't know anything about headphones,or what they are,he should probably learn few things first.

They are NOT headphones at all. They are headset,gaming headset. They are good for the price,comfortable and light,but still as far as music goes they won't be as good as headphones. They are built mostly for gaming,maybe some music listening,but if you compare them to ATH M50 for example they are not even close. And they are about same price range. Also OP asked for HEADPHONES that are about THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS,not HEADSET that cost UNDER 100$. Posting that link just because that headset looks nice,or just because he doesn't know anything about audio,and he just got that headset and recommend it in every post,is just wrong. If he doesn't know anything about headphones,or what they are,he should probably learn few things first.

So aggressive.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Did OP say he wants to listen to music? Are you natural retard?

If you've read OP other posts he is also considering headphones in 100-200 range. Did you read this? Or are you retard? 

Have you owned the clouds? I own the M50x and i think they're shite. Massively overrated. They're also not good for gaming as they have 0 soundstage. 

Are you joking or are you natural retard?

Have you tried them? Probably not so don't act like they are bad. They are very nice headphones.

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

Have you tried them? Probably not so don't act like they are bad. They are very nice headphones.

They are rebranded Takstar Pro 80's. Though the Pro 80's are actually nice, I wouldn't say its something worth considering when the budget is three times the price of the Hyper X Clouds.

To OP, I say the A700 would be a good one to consider. The NAD VISO HP50 is another nice one to consider as well.

uh, they are headphones.

They are rebranded Takstar Pro 80's.

They will be better than ATH m50.

That said, it still is a stupid recomedation for this price point

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."