Looking for ~$300 Closed headphones

Waterloo

They are NOT headphones at all. They are headset,gaming headset. They are good for the price,comfortable and light,but still as far as music goes they won't be as good as headphones. They are built mostly for gaming,maybe some music listening,but if you compare them to ATH M50 for example they are not even close. And they are about same price range. Also OP asked for HEADPHONES that are about THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS,not HEADSET that cost UNDER 100$. Posting that link just because that headset looks nice,or just because he doesn't know anything about audio,and he just got that headset and recommend it in every post,is just wrong. If he doesn't know anything about headphones,or what they are,he should probably learn few things first.

A headset is still a headphone... except it has a mic. No headphones have ever been truly optimized for gaming no matter how many times a headphone is "optimized for gaming" like what their marketing representatives say.

A headset is still a headphone... except it has a mic. No headphones have ever been truly optimized for gaming no matter how many times a headphone is "optimized for gaming" like what their marketing representatives say.

Not to mention that the Hyper X cloud are actualy a headphone with a mic.

Corsair wireless garbage stuff can be argued as less of a headphone, but due to the Hyper X cloud being the Takstar Pro 80, they are actualy headphones.

That said, the hyper x cloud are still a stupid recomendation in this price point

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I went with the a900x, i take good care of stuff, so hopefully nothing is actually wrong with the headset and i shouldnt need the warranty and if so then i will get the 700x or whatever is available at the time.

Now, the question is should i get a amp? I read Mad Envy headphone guide on head-fi and a few posts by him saying that you can use an amp with the astro mixamp, which it seems is really my only option for PC and Console gaming.

Cool. Leave a review of them in here after you've had a bit of time with them.

I think you should leave dac/amp for now...Pick one up later on (after you've used the headphones for a bit) and determine for yourself if you can hear the difference between onboard audio and an external dac/amp. 

I went with the a900x, i take good care of stuff, so hopefully nothing is actually wrong with the headset and i shouldnt need the warranty and if so then i will get the 700x or whatever is available at the time.

Now, the question is should i get a amp? I read Mad Envy headphone guide on head-fi and a few posts by him saying that you can use an amp with the astro mixamp, which it seems is really my only option for PC and Console gaming.

No point in adding an amp after the mixamp. These are not hard to drive headphones you have chosen.

I got the headset and i love it, problem is its very loud because of no audio dial. Obviously i can turn it down for each program/window but it wiould be much easier with a dial. So, going back to what i thought, i tried using my old Astro Mixamp, however the audio has a lot of static now, not sure if it is the cable for the amp or not, i ordered a new one to see. But i am thinking i might need a new amp, i'm just not sure if i should get a astro mixamp. Whatever i get would have to be able to be used with console and i would have to be able to use my mic with it. Any ideas from anyone? Basically my plan, Mod Mic and Astro Mixamp.

Back to the headset. I love it, exactly what i wanted, i can tell a difference in CSGO with footsteps as well as overall quality. For music, it has a little less bass then i would like, however that also makes it better for the games so i am willing to make that trade off. The 1 issue i will say i have with this headset is the headband. I had seen this in other reviews and it stays on my head, it just doesn't fit snug or tight its a little loose, it won't come off so its good enough, but i would have liked a better headband.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Over isn't a big deal but i just don't really need to go too much higher. The headphones i was looking at were the AKG K702, then i realized they were open. This is going to be my first pair of headphones, i have only owned gaming headsets before. I do want to get a Amp/DAC also and a microphone if anyone has recommendations for those also. I wanted to hook them up to my PS4 and PC with a mixer but when i posted about this i got no responses really except one saying it wouldn't work. So i guess that is out but anyone has any recommendations on that please let me know. Thanks for any help.

it's probably better if you can specify your sound signature preference. For headphones, there are tons of reviews on head-fi.org. You should visit there.

I got the headset and i love it, problem is its very loud because of no audio dial. Obviously i can turn it down for each program/window but it wiould be much easier with a dial. So, going back to what i thought, i tried using my old Astro Mixamp, however the audio has a lot of static now, not sure if it is the cable for the amp or not, i ordered a new one to see. But i am thinking i might need a new amp, i'm just not sure if i should get a astro mixamp. Whatever i get would have to be able to be used with console and i would have to be able to use my mic with it. Any ideas from anyone? Basically my plan, Mod Mic and Astro Mixamp.

Back to the headset. I love it, exactly what i wanted, i can tell a difference in CSGO with footsteps as well as overall quality. For music, it has a little less bass then i would like, however that also makes it better for the games so i am willing to make that trade off. The 1 issue i will say i have with this headset is the headband. I had seen this in other reviews and it stays on my head, it just doesn't fit snug or tight its a little loose, it won't come off so its good enough, but i would have liked a better headband.

Thanks for everyone's help.

The Plantronics RIG comes with a pretty good mixer unit for PC and console use. Could get that and sell off or gift away the headset itself.