Hitachi puts AI BOSS in CHARGE

jos
Forget about robots taking over your job — they might be more likely to take over the role of your boss and get you working smarter. Hitachi has been experimenting with software systems that can issue workflows and assign employee duties, and so far there’s been an 8 percent increase in warehouse efficiency and productivity.  the new programs are designed to assess fluctuations in demand and productivity levels based on a large database of previous corporate activity. The main benefits over previous automated systems are the way in which the new AI is able to adapt in real time to changes in workflow and unexpected activities.  the program is able to sift through large volumes of data and select the bits most appropriate to the current scenario. In other words, it can look back on strategies used in the past that match the current day’s demand levels, worker configuration and even weather conditions. Crucially, it can work without the help of a human interpreter. 

if your boss is a robot, that pretty much means you’re one, too.

I thought at least management jobs will be safe, but no...

Source: http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/dvorsky20150918

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ai-bosses-at-hitachi-improve-productivity-by-8-percent/

Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, manage.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just imagine having AI boss :o

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just imagine having AI boss :o

well they would actually be rational consistent and understand the limits of work laws and the human body

I've always had the experience that bosses are what actually stands in the way of efficiency and employee morale.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, people oppose things that remove the human element, or the human element itself.

In short, people want a paradox... I'll leave that up to interpretation.

People want perfection. Sadly perfection is impossible.

That's a legitimately scary thought.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Well kids you better start taking robotics repair classes now so you have a job in the future. 

Well kids you better start taking robotics repair classes now so you have a job in the future. 

There are already robots that make other robots so robots that repair other robots isn't much of a stretch... Just saying.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I've always had the experience that bosses are what actually stands in the way of efficiency and employee morale.

I have always found it to be upper level management.  The people who only care about numbers and corporate policies.  I may simply have been lucky to have decent bosses thus far in my life though.  Though I have had some horrid upper tier managers.

I have always found it to be upper level management.  The people who only care about numbers and corporate policies.  I may simply have been lucky to have decent bosses thus far in my life though.  Though I have had some horrid upper tier managers.

Upper management has been completely asinine in my experience.