Italian Ministry of Defense moves to LibreOffice

patrick3027

Especially not some damned government workers LOL

The funny thing is, in working for my state government, I learned that most of the employees were quite capable of figuring shit out on their own, the problem is that the people above them stick to the rule book so literally, that you aren't allowed to fix something because "that's not your job".

Because....fuck logic right? Most companies would value you for going beyond what's asked of you to try and fix something, but not government. Nope, doing that just makes you a liability and a pain in the ass for the management that basically does fuck all anyways.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why government should only be in charge of as few things as possible.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People complaining about LibreOffice's interface when it takes a 4K monitor with all display scaling turned off for Office's Ribbon interface to be a sensible size. It's usable on 1080p, on 768p you basically have to have it set to auto hide, which is a pain in the arse whenever you have to actually use the thing.

Libreoffice is pretty good. It has full support for any word processor and it performs very well. To be honest I don't see the point in ever getting Microsoft's software when you can get a free version that does as far as I know the same stuff.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

because its shitty.

also. only one departement changes to libre office ?

the others stay with ms office ?

nice compatibility.....

you are actually quite wrong

Libreoffice is able to open up docx formats and is also able to save in docx additionally if they save in rich text format (which is supported by all office suites) than that issue is not a problem

also libreoffice has pretty much all the  same functionality as ms office and in my opinion is less coumbersome to use then openoffice, I used libreoffice until my college made ms office 365 free for students

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

To me Office is like Photoshop...incredibly overpriced and I question the value of the companies that produce both but I personally feel they're still far better than their competition.

you are actually quite wrong

Libreoffice is able to open up docx formats and is also able to save in docx additionally if they save in rich text format (which is supported by all office suites) than that issue is not a problem

also libreoffice has pretty much all the  same functionality as ms office and in my opinion is less coumbersome to use then openoffice, I used libreoffice until my college made ms office 365 free for students

For tables and layouts though, and for converting to pdf, LibreOffice's DocX compatibility is still very broken.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I love open source. Glad governments are looking into them, more competition.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

For tables and layouts though, and for converting to pdf, LibreOffice's DocX compatibility is still very broken.

fair enough, hopefully it will improve, I would love for it to be a viable alternative to microsoft office

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |