Windows 8.1 Lastest Build Leak address many issues.

GoodBytes

Hello,

Microsoft is expected to release Windows 8.1 officially soon (coming days).

What is to be believe to be a near final build has been leaked, and The Verge got their hands on, and reports interested changes to Windows 8.

It must be noted, that all things that are mentioned are improvement and features above the Windows 8.1 preview improvements and features.

Whats new in this leaked build:

In the latest leaked build there's now a row of three dots that, like Windows Phone, bring up the application bar with additional settings and options in the Mail, People, Calendar, and other built-in applications. The changes are clearly designed to improve the discoverability of features in Windows 8.1. Alongside the context menu changes, Microsoft also displays tips within the built-in apps that direct users to swipe and access the Charms. None of these changes were present in the Preview version of Windows 8.1, and Microsoft has also created a Help + Tips app that includes a variety of video tutorials for navigating the OS, accessing files, basic actions, and settings.

win81usability1_560.jpg

Microsoft is also supplying some of the parallax scrolling wallpapers for the Start Screen. A robot moves as you scroll, as well as an option to set a fire dragon that also changes as the Start Screen progresses.

To add, The Mail, People, and Calendar app has been updated as well.

Pictures Time!

win81leak947112_1020_verge_super_wide.jp

win81leak947113_1020_verge_super_wide.jp

win81leak94711_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

win81leak94713_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

win81leakusability1_1020_verge_super_wid

win81leak94716_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

win81leak94718_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

win81leak94717_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

Source of pictures and article: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/12/4613248/windows-8-1-build-9741-screenshots-tutorial-changes

I'm still waiting for a proper Start Button for Pete's sake....

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

you can download programs like statisback, start8, classic shell. that will give you start button back and remove all the friggen charms and other garbage.

Start Button is on Windows 8.1 already. A button is a button.. I don't see what "proper" button means. You want it to look more like a button?

I wanted a start button. Im using classic shell for now though

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

Start Button is on Windows 8.1 already. A button is a button.. I don't see what "proper" button means. You want it to look more like a button?

By "proper" he means a button that opens up the classic Start Menu. The "button" they added in 8.1 just takes you to the metro interface which pressing the Win key does the same thing.

The only thing I'm looking forward to and hope to see in W 8.1 is better scaling for high DPI displays, haven't heard anything about that yet though :(.

By "proper" he means a button that opens up the classic Start Menu. The "button" they added in 8.1 just takes you to the metro interface which pressing the Win key does the same thing.

Yeah they completely missed the point with that one, probably intentionally. I guess I will continues to use Classic Shell, I love the customisability of it anyway.

Well they haven't really implemented the "classic" one if you know what I mean ;)

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Until I don't get a start menu and an option to turn off the metro UI, I am NOT upgrading. Whats funny though is I actually purchased Windows 8 Pro when it was going to for 20$ and hated it so much that I actually downgraded. And before anyone starts telling me-

You should give it more time.

I did- a full 3 weeks; but I hated it.

PC in Profile

Until I don't get a start menu and an option to turn off the metro UI, I am NOT upgrading. Whats funny though is I actually purchased Windows 8 Pro when it was going to for 20$ and hated it so much that I actually downgraded. And before anyone starts telling me-

Same, but I used it for 4 months and still could not stand the modern UI, OPTIONS is what people want JUST ADD THE FRICKIN START MENU! How hard is it to actually have an options which lets you choose wether you want modern ui or the classic start? I mean common!

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Same, but I used it for 4 months and still could not stand the modern UI, OPTIONS is what people want JUST ADD THE FRICKIN START MENU! How hard is it to actually have an options which lets you choose wether you want modern ui or the classic start? I mean common!

I definitely agree about Modern UI. Have you tried a start menu replacer like Classic Shell (pretty much turns off the start screen unless you actually want to access it)?

I am glad they ditch the Start Menu. The Start Screen is the way forward, it's much more powerful than the Start Menu. I access my programs, folders and game much faster than before. You just have to know how to use it.

I am glad they ditch the Start Menu. The Start Screen is the way forward, it's much more powerful than the Start Menu. I access my programs, folders and game much faster than before. You just have to know how to use it.

My thought exactly! When you know how to use it, it's so much cleaner and quicker than the start menu ever was!

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

Windows Shortcuts makes everything easier in Windows 8. I never really used the Start Menu for anything.

Most things I used (Skype, MSN (rip), Steam, Firefox, Word, and Powerpoint) were all pinned to my task bar.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Can't wait, mean while I switched back to 8.0 because some compatibility issues with the preview, otherwise I really liked the improvements. Hopefully it's all worked out by Microsoft and other software vendors when the final release comes out.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

You should all check out toms article it has some of the new features highlighted pretty well. As for the start menu whats ur problem and is old and antiquated.

I agree... How often do most people use the start menu/screen anyway? I seldom use either, but when I do I prefer the start screen (Metro). Most of you probably don't remember, but when Windows 95 first introduced the start menu people bitched and moaned about it just as they're bitching about the start screen now; it's just that the internet wasn't as wide spread back then so it wasn't heard as often unless you were dealing with Windows users directly (my father was a cooperate software instructor so we heard it almost on a daily basis).

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

That I agree with :P It all depend on how people use their windows though. For me, i rarely use my Start Menu I have everything I need on my desktop~~ hehehe 

Why do people miss the start menu so much? You can hit the windows key in windows 8 and start typing whatever it is you need to go to right away while also having whatever tiles you want on the main screen. I see it as being no more of a hindrance and personally I like the start screen. 

Don't know what the fuss with the start button, i just press the Window key and type anything that i want to open. I don't use the start button on Windows 7 too.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The only thing I'm looking forward to and hope to see in W 8.1 is better scaling for high DPI displays, haven't heard anything about that yet though :(.

Yeah they completely missed the point with that one, probably intentionally. I guess I will continues to use Classic Shell, I love the customisability of it anyway.

the point was never that people missed the button, the point was things like convertable laptops that dont have dedicated home buttons on them like phones and tablets do. A lot of users couldn't figure out how to open the menus without getting their keyboard back out, so they added a button to the screen you could click to open the menu up.

still think its poop cuz it has so start butten 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

still think its poop cuz it has so start butten 

You should open your eyes more:

windows_start_button.jpg

No tweaks, or hack, or software