Why does Guild Wars 2 have screwed up performance?

AlwaysFSX

Neither CPU or GPU usage are hitting 100% so why is it just chugging here? I don't even have the settings jacked up either.

post-1744-0-20918300-1442588257_thumb.jp

Because MMOs 

\_(ツ)_/¯

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

maybe try raising the settings and see what happens, it may or may not fix the problem

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

maybe try raising the settings and see what happens, it may or may not fix the problem

Settings are jacked, game looks pretty as hell but the performance is the exact same.

Settings are jacked, game looks pretty as hell but the performance is the exact same.

Installing GW2 right now. I'll report how it it is going to work here.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

that means play it at max settings same performance but better looks, so its a win win unless you want more performance, if so, then maybe lock the gpu clock

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Oh yea, I've found that overclocking your CPU does help. I went from 5fps to 10 fps in SB

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You got an Nvidia gpu by any chance? Apparently there's an issue on Win10 with Nvidia drivers for GW2.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Installing GW2 right now. I'll report how it it is going to work here.

I'd appreciate that. :)

that means play it at max settings same performance but better looks, so its a win win unless you want more performance, if so, then maybe lock the gpu clock

I want more frames. -_- Locking GPU clock does nothing?

Oh yea, I've found that overclocking your CPU does help. I went from 5fps to 10 fps in SB

i3, boo.

You got an Nvidia gpu by any chance? Apparently there's an issue on Win10 with Nvidia drivers for GW2.

Windows 8, AMD card.

I'd appreciate that. :)

I want more frames. -_- Locking GPU clock does nothing?

i3, boo.

Windows 8, AMD card.

maybe lock usage(i dont even know thats posible xD)

Spoiler

sorry, i'm an idiot and know very little about this stuff

Spoiler

You're screwed no matter the case.

When I was running an AMD CPU and a 7970OC it would top around 60fps and in world vs world hit low teens in zergs.

Now, I'm running a 4970 and SLi'd 970's and guess what? Usually 60-90 fps and tanks to 20-30 on big fights.

Friend that I play with mostly ( @SonoDanshi ) has a 980ti watercooled Sli setup and has on average 5 fps more, granted he's now at 1440 and not 1080.

But! General gist of GW2... Eat all da performance!

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

When I was running an AMD CPU and a 7970OC it would top around 60fps and in world vs world hit low teens in zergs.

Now, I'm running a 4970 and SLi'd 970's and guess what? Usually 60-90 fps and tanks to 20-30 on big fights.

Friend that I play with mostly ( @SonoDanshi ) has a 980ti watercooled Sli setup and has on average 5 fps more, granted he's now at 1440 and not 1080.

Fail, *4790 on the cpu front. Can't find the edit button on tapatalk! xD
Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

It's irritating me because even when I'm in a pretty empty area I don't go higher than 15 fps. Yet not too long ago it would be much higher. 50+

Neither CPU or GPU usage are hitting 100% so why is it just chugging here? I don't even have the settings jacked up either.

It uses my GPU 100% and CPU around up to 90%

750M and i5 4200M

EDIT: It was fine at first, now it;s all over the place :?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

It's irritating me because even when I'm in a pretty empty area I don't go higher than 15 fps. Yet not too long ago it would be much higher. 50+

Oh, I seee.

I've no idea why it'd drop so much, I know they've started patching in thibgs ready for HoT but I don't see anything in there that could possibly drop 35fps. You've effectively lost a PS4! [emoji14]

Have you tried a simple reinstall? I'm on my phone and being too lazy to go back and check!

If you failed to update or something recently it may have corrupted something along the way?

How about background processes? Steam, Origin, Uplay etc can all effect it to a point.

Spoiler

Oh, I seee.

I've no idea why it'd drop so much, I know they've started patching in thibgs ready for HoT but I don't see anything in there that could possibly drop 35fps. You've effectively lost a PS4! [emoji14]

Have you tried a simple reinstall? I'm on my phone and being too lazy to go back and check!

If you failed to update or something recently it may have corrupted something along the way?

How about background processes? Steam, Origin, Uplay etc can all effect it to a point.

I could but I don't want to redownload ~20 gigs of a game. Dx Every time I've played I would always have Steam, Skype, and Chrome in the background and it hasn't effected the game up until today.

How about leaving it to download while sleeping one night? Unless ofcourse you have a cap on your usuage.

Spoiler

How about leaving it to download while sleeping one night? Unless ofcourse you have a cap on your usuage.

I don't have a cap but it's not night, it's barely 11 in the morning here. :(

I don't have a cap but it's not night, it's barely 11 in the morning here. :(

Bare with it a few more hours and try it tonight? ;)

Nothing to lose if no other sensible suggestions appear!

You haven't just updated graphics drivers have you? If so, try a rollback.

Spoiler

As @SidewinderB4 is tagging me, I'll join in the conversation.... What Graphics card do you actually have? Have you tried turning down 1 setting at a time to see if any have a large impact on FPS? As has been mentioned previously GW2 really doesn't care if you have high end rigs as the optimization is terrible.

I had a quick search for AMD issues in GW2 and came up with this advice....

1. Go into CCC and enable triple buffering;
  2. Set V-Sync on;
  3. In GW2 settings enable V-Sync and set the frame limiter to 60FPS

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Probably a driver issue so you should try rolling back. I'm not having any problems with the game on my 970 and I never had any either on my old 6950.

Got a i7 3770 and a 970 here, no issues with GW2.

Not sure what your problem may be...I know the game can be very CPU intensive at times, so lowering character and LOD settings may help.

Arenanet can't optimize their games

Did you try turning it on and off first?