The PopCorn Time of Music - Aurous

CyberNinjaCoder

Actually, no, you don't have to prove who's using the device. The one responsible is the one who's paying for internet service.

That's my problem with young people, they think they're powerful behind a VPN.

actually you do have to prove who was behind the computer.

same case with car accidents. 

This guy on you tube explained it 

hit and run caught on dash cam, but the dash cam didn't see the guys face, so thier is nothing that can be done.

Unless they can prove you were the one behind the computer, they can't do shit, and are just claiming shit.

Yea maybe in the US. I don't think that's fair comment. I'm 26, own my own house and still you use it with NO VPN. There are like half a dozen devices on my network and any given time. Good luck trying to take me to court lol .

Rip Public wifi.

xD

Just get subscription music. It is inexpensive especially if you wait for specials, they pretty all have a very large music library, where most likely everything you are looking for is there, and music/artist discovery tool.

I usually can get Microsoft Grove Music for like 30 to 50$ for a year. When it was at 30$, I bought for 2 years. So60$ for 2 years, is pretty much like free (normal price 99$ per year).

All services have a trial period, so you can try them all, and see what suits you best.

Just get subscription music. It is inexpensive especially if you wait for specials, they pretty all have a very large music library, where most likely everything you are looking for is there, and music/artist discovery tool.

I usually can get Microsoft Grove Music for like 30 to 50$ for a year. When it was at 30$, I bought for 2 years. So60$ for 2 years, is pretty much like free (normal price 99$ per year).

All services have a trial period, so you can try them all, and see what suits you best.

We live in countries with this ability, but some countries can't get these streaming services  

Yea maybe in the US. I don't think that's fair comment. I'm 26, own my own house and still you use it with NO VPN. There are like half a dozen devices on my network and any given time. Good luck trying to take me to court lol .

You are responsible for all the computer on your network. Even if someone connects outside into your network, you are responsible, as it is your network, and the person that connected didn't sign a wave that says it will take all responsibility like they do at coffee shops (and also agree that all activity is logged, and to well not do any sort of potentially illegal activity)

We live in countries with this ability, but some countries can't get these streaming services

Sure they can. It is called creating a demand, so that streaming services sees to be worth spending money to build the infrastructure, and have contract signs, (and all the red tape of the region), to provide the service.

This is how Netflix came to Canada. This is also how Google fiber decides which area in a city, let alone which city, in the U.S will get the service.

Not in the UK, I have not signed anything. Virgin Media say

However I have not signed any contract.

I guess it's "By using our services, you accept to..." kind of thing. Don't know anything about lawsuits and the powers of such things though. 

As for Aurous, that's kind of a cool software. I guess it's fill a spot left empty by Grooveshark. Back it the days I used to pay for Grooveshark. I had a grandfathered account @ 3 bucks a month. Was cool. Right now I'm a spotify guy. I'm using the free version as I'm not using it to justify 120+tx yearly. I just buy between 2-4 albums a year... That's not even close to being cost effective. Gotta say that ads are beginning to get annoying. Like 2 or 3 thirty seconds ads back to back. But it's free... can't complaint. 

you might want to stop... people are getting sued for using it

You do realize none of these lawsuits are actually valid. They have no way of proving that it was actually you using popcorntime that is valid evidence in court. Hence all you ever hear about these cases are that big companies are suing for them, but then *poof* nothing else is ever reported on it because nothing ever happens with it. It's a scare tactice they've been doing for years, just like those scary letters stating that you torrented something and you can be fined and put into federal prison, or something ridiculous like that. Just use a vpn and you'll be fine

Edit: Auorous is the new Limewire/Frostwire except they stream the music. I don't see why anyone would use this when spotify is free and risk free

You do realize none of these lawsuits are actually valid. They have no way of proving that it was actually you using popcorntime that is valid evidence in court. Hence all you ever hear about these cases are that big companies are suing for them, but then *poof* nothing else is ever reported on it because nothing ever happens with it. It's a scare tactice they've been doing for years, just like those scary letters stating that you torrented something and you can be fined and put into federal prison, or something ridiculous like that. Just use a vpn and you'll be fine

Edit: Auorous is the new Limewire/Frostwire except they stream the music. I don't see why anyone would use this when spotify is free and risk free

That might work in some jurisdictions but different countries have different laws, it has happened more than once in for example Germany that the owner of a hotel was succesfully sued because someone who stayed there used torrents and popcorn time specifically. 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

actually you do have to prove who was behind the computer.

same case with car accidents. 

This guy on you tube explained it 

hit and run caught on dash cam, but the dash cam didn't see the guys face, so thier is nothing that can be done.

Unless they can prove you were the one behind the computer, they can't do shit, and are just claiming shit.

It was my understanding that (in the US at least), the owner of the vehicle is held responsible unless the owner can show that someone else was driving the vehicle at the time.  You are considered responsible for your property and any damages it may cause.  Just like how you can be considered responsible if someone drowns in your pool if you don't properly secure access to your pool (fence, lockable gate).  Similar to how you are responsible for if your pets attack someone.  Or if your guns are used in a crime.

Unless you can show that your property was taken from you (stolen) and used against your will, you are considered responsible.  You also usually have to show that you made an appropriate effort to secure your property.  At least that is how it is in the US.  I don't personally see why an internet connection should be any different.

It was my understanding that (in the US at least), the owner of the vehicle is held responsible unless the owner can show that someone else was driving the vehicle at the time.  You are considered responsible for your property and any damages it may cause.  Just like how you can be considered responsible if someone drowns in your pool if you don't properly secure access to your pool (fence, lockable gate).  Similar to how you are responsible for if your pets attack someone.  Or if your guns are used in a crime.

Unless you can show that your property was taken from you (stolen) and used against your will, you are considered responsible.  You also usually have to show that you made an appropriate effort to secure your property.  At least that is how it is in the US.  I don't personally see why an internet connection should be any different.

pet i can undertand, you train it, but pools, thats bull shit.

Come live in the Netherlands mate. Its als illegal here, but you wont het sued or anything, its what we call "tolerated".

It's not illegal here as of the country's laws.

It's illegal stated by the European Union, but they have no effect here.

pet i can undertand, you train it, but pools, thats bull shit.

I do agree with the pools thing being a load of crap.  The reason it came about is that our country is so sue happy that parents would sue those with exposed pools where their child had wondered in and tried to swim when the home owners weren't home and then drowned.  Essentially, our country is consumed with "it's not your fault" mindset, so parents successfully sued pool owners when the kids drowned.  Enough people did it that politicians were able to get local laws/rules passed such that you were held liable if you did not attempt to secure your pool.  "think of the children" got thrown around a lot, and people supported it.  Now you can't even get the building permits for a pool if you don't have a fence as part of the install in most areas.

You're right, I'm sorry!

"Often you're too afraid"

Do you agree? Give a like!

I was thinking the same thing. If someone wants music, there are ways to get it free and legal. Like Spotify, or youtube.

Just a little warning, listening to music on YouTube is illegal if the song isn't on the artist's or label's own channel. If it's uploaded on xXxTankSlayer9000xXx then it's just as illegal as using this service.

Why am I not surprised that you're in this thread recommending Microsoft's music service?

I am pretty sure Netherlands is in EU, and EU laws overrule local laws.

If I am being charged for something that is illegal in Sweden but legal according to the EU, then I can just bring the case to the EU court and they will override the ruling by the Swedish court.

So will Aurous use torrents for the streaming? I don't think that's a good idea even if you disregard the legal aspect. Torrents got a huge delay. I don't want to wait like 10-20 seconds when I switch song. That sucks. I want it to be instant. I think the delay in services like Google Music is super annoying, but that delay will probably be a fraction of what this service will have.

Just a little warning, listening to music on YouTube is illegal if the song isn't on the artist's or label's own channel. If it's uploaded on xXxTankSlayer9000xXx then it's just as illegal as using this service.

Why am I not surprised that you're in this thread recommending Microsoft's music service?

I am pretty sure Netherlands is in EU, and EU laws overrule local laws.

If I am being charged for something that is illegal in Sweden but legal according to the EU, then I can just bring the case to the EU court and they will override the ruling by the Swedish court.

So will Aurous use torrents for the streaming? I don't think that's a good idea even if you disregard the legal aspect. Torrents got a huge delay. I don't want to wait like 10-20 seconds when I switch song. That sucks. I want it to be instant. I think the delay in services like Google Music is super annoying, but that delay will probably be a fraction of what this service will have.

Theoretically yes, but it's not like that for torrenting.

Uploading/torrenting remains illegal, but downloading torrents isn't.

I don't know why everyone is telling others to stop using Popcorn Time.​

​If you torrent safely by using a VPN, there's no problem. The only problem is when you're not anonymizing yourself.

Yea, I meant the official channels. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So awesome we live in a world where VPNs nowadays are getting faster.. If your country is suspected of you pirating shit, they'd have no evidence :)))...

And doubt mine will care since they support a popcorn time by a court order xD

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.