Is anyone running 780ti on 3440x1440?

cnapier39428

I have 2 780ti's in sli and I'm wanting to wait on Pascal to upgrade but I really want to get rid of my old 2560x1440 monitor and get a gsync 3440x1440 monitor. Here's the thing though I have massive frame rate problems running 4k because of the 3gb frame buffer on my cards and I wanted to know if anyone is running any 3gb cards with a 3440x1440 monitor and if it's causing frame rate to drop if they run any aa because I can't stand gaming without aa. Thanks

3440x1440 is slightly harder to run than 1440p but easier to run than 4k. My titan runs it perfectly, so 2 780ti's should do so as well. 

Well I mean I know I have enough gpu horsepower to run that resolution I was mainly wondering about frame buffer issues

3440x1440 is slightly harder to run than 1440p but easier to run than 4k. My titan runs it perfectly, so 2 780ti's should do so as well. 

Your Titan has 6GB VRAM. His dual 780 Ti's have 3GB a piece (And remember, when using dual GPU's in SLI, the effective VRAM is equal to ONE GPU's worth, not both).

@cnapier39428

That 3GB VRAM will definitely hurt in some games, but I can't give you specifics, since I don't run 780 Ti's, nor a 21:9 monitor :P

How are your FPS like on your current 1440p monitor? What is current VRAM usage like in your most frequently played games?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Your Titan has 6GB VRAM. His dual 780 Ti's have 3GB a piece (And remember, when using dual GPU's in SLI, the effective VRAM is equal to ONE GPU's worth, not both).

@cnapier39428

That 3GB VRAM will definitely hurt in some games, but I can't give you specifics, since I don't run 780 Ti's, nor a 21:9 monitor [emoji14]

How are your FPS like on your current 1440p monitor? What is current VRAM usage like in your most frequently played games?

Gta v is the only game I have problems with I can't even run it at full settings with full aa at 1080 lol. I know I run witcher 3 full settings in 1440 at like 2.8gb vram at around 75fps and about the same on far cry 4 and those are about the most demanding games I have and I could probably run shovel knight at about 5000fps lol. But yea I just need to hook up to my cousins 4k monitor and run some games and change some settings there and just see what settings work and decide from there.,

I'm really hoping dx12's vram stacking feature becomes a mainstream thing in games so I'll have 6gb of useable vram but I may just wait on 8k and those 16gb Pascal cards lol

I have 2 780ti's in sli and play on 4k. I mostly get over 60fps in most games with AA off. You should be fine, just turn some settings down if your frames drop too much.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop