Buy Fallout 4 now or wait?

Doughnutnator

If you don't care about having a physical copy, you can wait until the day it's released (maybe sooner) to see the first reviews. If it's buggy as hell, you dodged a bullet, if not, you can just buy and download the game that day and maybe have lost a few hours that you would have had otherwise.

I tend to lead towards the cautious side myself.

I love Fallout and I am currently replaying them before the launch of Fallout 4.

However I dont like beta testing for free so I will be picking the game up in mid December !

I love Fallout and I am currently replaying them before the launch of Fallout 4.

However I dont like beta testing for free so I will be picking the game up in mid December !

Buying a game on launch day isn't beta testing unless the developers released an unfinished game (usually not the case). Ports typically are the games that have problems on release though, so I can understand your hesitation.

If people stopped pre-ordering games, demos would be a thing again.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Uhm, Bethesda didn't develop ESO there, buddy.

Bethesda didn't develop ESO.

Bethesda licensed, and published  the game that zenimax made. They backed it, both on  paper, and in soul by letting another company whore out the Elder Scroll franchise. As far as anyone is concerned it should be as much Bethesda's fault it was so shit, as it is Zenimax's

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Bethesda licensed, and published  the game that zenimax made. They backed it, both on  paper, and in soul by letting another company whore out the Elder Scroll franchise. As far as anyone is concerned it should be as much Bethesda's fault it was so shit, as it is Zenimax's

Bethesda didn't develop ESO. It's their responsibility for funding the game and to a limited extent the quality of the game, but it's ultimately up to developers to create a quality game.

It's worth mentioning that tons of console players really enjoy ESO, so apparently it's not as shit as you want it to be.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Bethesda didn't develop ESO. It's their responsibility for funding the game and to a limited extent the quality of the game, but it's ultimately up to developers to create a quality game.

It's worth mentioning that tons of console players really enjoy ESO, so apparently it's not as shit as you want it to be.

"... And bethesda already ruined a lot of their hype over releases with that fucking trash-heap launch of ESO."

The LAUNCH of ESO was a complete failure. It released to staggeringly bad community reviews, the servers constantly crashed for weeks on end, many quests where totally broken, the UI was heavily bugged, and the connection was lack luster at best. Hell, Angry Joe, one of the biggest ES fans out there gave it a shit rating, and he hated himself for it because the game has potential.

I wanted ESO to be a winner, I wanted to it be basically skyrim multiplayer. Instead when I finally made it into the second round of closed invitation for full-time beta testing it was a complete mess, and many of the problems I had with it then, are still with it today.

I bought the Emperor edition not that long ago, because many of those problem are gone, but it took two years for them to get the game to a playable state w/o constant crashing, broken quests, and a terrible UI. But to be fair the UI is still complete shit, requiring plugins to make it playable.

Regardless, Bethesda put their faith, their marketing, and their resources in Zenimax; which turned to a complete flop. What I'm trying to say is even bethesda, one of my favorite game publishers and developers has made big mistakes before.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

"... And bethesda already ruined a lot of their hype over releases with that fucking trash-heap launch of ESO."

The LAUNCH of ESO was a complete failure. It released to staggeringly bad community reviews, the servers constantly crashed for weeks on end, many quests where totally broken, the UI was heavily bugged, and the connection was lack luster at best. Hell, Angry Joe, one of the biggest ES fans out there gave it a shit rating, and he hated himself for it because the game has potential.

I wanted ESO to be a winner, I wanted to it be basically skyrim multiplayer. Instead when I finally made it into the second round of closed invitation for full-time beta testing it was a complete mess, and many of the problems I had with it then, are still with it today.

I bought the Emperor edition not that long ago, because many of those problem are gone, but it took two years for them to get the game to a playable state w/o constant crashing, broken quests, and a terrible UI. But to be fair the UI is still complete shit, requiring plugins to make it playable.

Regardless, Bethesda put their faith, their marketing, and their resources in Zenimax; which turned to a complete flop. What I'm trying to say is even bethesda, one of my favorite game publishers and developers has made big mistakes before.

Your use of bold, italicized, and underlined words has made me not even read past the first line of your reply.

Привет товарищ ))))

Your use of bold, italicized, and underlined words has made me not even read past the first line of your reply.

And yet you did the same in your previous post. I think you don't want to follow up because you have no real follow up. Everything I said is correct and backed up by facts from my last post. Bethesda fucked up, and there's the long and short of it. Discussion over.

And yet you did the same in your previous post. I think you don't want to follow up because you have no real follow up. Everything I said is correct and backed up by facts from my last post. Bethesda fucked up, and there's the long and short of it. Discussion over.

I was mocking you, buddy.

And I don't want to follow up with someone that types like a 12 year old that just learned what bolding, italicizing, and underlining words is. That's really it. Bethesda didn't fuck up; you're just a drama queen. Discussion over.

Привет товарищ ))))

I was mocking you, buddy.

And I don't want to follow up with someone that types like a 12 year old that just learned what bolding, italicizing, and underlining words is. That's really it. Bethesda didn't fuck up; you're just a drama queen. Discussion over.

Your argument failed, so you resorted to mocking the other person. Who's the adult here? Well played sir, you're blocked now.

Do NOT pre-order.  Why do people even consider this anymore, after everything that has happened the past years.

Never preorder! Wait a couple of month, some patches will come through, maybe even some mods. But if you really want to support Bethesda, you can pick it up after the first reviews are in. It's probably going to be a good game, but the 20$ are not worth it.

Buy it now.

You know you're going to get it anyway, and most likely at launch.

Even if you say you aren't, when that final week before the game released comes you'll be opening your wallet so you can preload it and play it right at midnight.

The whole "NEVERPREORDERANYTHINGEVER" stance some people hold is way too extreme.

If we were talking about a new IP and/or a game from a company with a sketchy or no history then, sure, hold off and see how it turns out, but when we're talking about a well known IP from a company that has a decent track record.

They don't seem to be pulling an Ubisoft where there are a dozen versions of the game depending on where and what tier you preorder (coughWatchDogscough), at worst the game will be a bit buggy (it is a Bethesda open world game, pretty much a no brainer).

There isn't much reason to pre-order Fallout 4 since there isn't pre-order DLC or whatever nonsense. The only reason I did was for the Pip Boy Edition, but if it weren't for that then I'd likely be fine waiting for release.

"Ghost"

Intel i5-4690k 4.6 GHz 1.25v | NZXT Kraken x61 | Asus Z97-AR | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT 2050 MHz

NZXT h440 White | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB  |Asus VG248QE  | Win 10

Hi! I can get Fallout 4 pre-order key for $40 USD in cdkeys

Do you recommend getting it now or wait for launch to get a lower price?

I'm a super Fallout fan.

Pre-order everything you want as long as its from EA or Steam.

You'll be able to get a refund if it sucks...

Never Preorder, no matter what Game. We have to get rid of this preorder shit. Only way to archive this, is not predorder anything.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

For that price I would get it now. Its by Bethesda it cant rlly be "bad" maybe mediocre at worst but given their track record I say its worth it

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The PC version of Skyrim basically needed mods to be any good...

Bullshit. My first few playthroughs were on Xbox. Loved every second of my 200 hours.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

If you are really, really hyped for it and have 60bucks too much on your bank account then yes sure, you might as well buy the game now, but don't go full retard with other devs' games like ubishit etc.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Stop right now

Wait.

Never pre-order / pre-buy ANYTHING EVER.

You never know what you're going to get. And in order for the industry to understand that we are not going to blindly give them money for something not even done, or even having any chance of working with what hardware we have; means we have to stop pre-ordering and pre-buying shit from these publishers.

I preorder NBA 2k every year, sue me ;). The developers for it are very active on the community and almost all of the developers were hired from within the community as well (The NBA 2k mod scene is dead now because 2k hired them all) So I'm very comfortable preordering it. Plus you play it the weekend before it releases to beta test. 

I also preordered Fallout 4 to get the pipboy edition. If there is no incentive though then there is no reason to preorder. I'm probably buying FIFA 16 on day one. The demo is awesome. But there is no reason to preorder it. No incentive. With 2k you get the game early and you get some extra in game currency to kickstart your wardrobe for online play. 

Once upon a time many people would say the same about ubisoft. And bethesda already ruined a lot of their hype over releases with that fucking trash-heap launch of ESO.

And he's asking what he should do, if he said he was going to, then I wouldn't bother. But he's ASKING US what he should do, implying we TELL HIM what to do.

Eso was zenimax but what ever

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Eso was zenimax but what ever

Sorry to make it sound rude, but I've already responded to that criticism. It's akin to saying ea has had no part in making cod shit.

I preorder NBA 2k every year, sue me ;). The developers for it are very active on the community and almost all of the developers were hired from within the community as well (The NBA 2k mod scene is dead now because 2k hired them all) So I'm very comfortable preordering it. Plus you play it the weekend before it releases to beta test.

I also preordered Fallout 4 to get the pipboy edition. If there is no incentive though then there is no reason to preorder. I'm probably buying FIFA 16 on day one. The demo is awesome. But there is no reason to preorder it. No incentive. With 2k you get the game early and you get some extra in game currency to kickstart your wardrobe for online play.

You should watch that tb video I linked in the spoiler. Pre-ordering hurts everyone except the publisher.