ASUS New RoG monitors on pre order, 4K, 1440p and 21.9

Metro

Hello

There are new ASUS RoG monitors on Overclockers for pre order, I will go for the ASUS PG348Q

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=17&catid=948

Thanks-

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

k?

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Lol @ 1200 £. What an insanely stupid price. Get the Acer predator and save like 250£. That's half a 980ti, and you still get an identical monitor with same specs.

Asus you must be trolling.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Like I said on the other thread: 

Before you go ahead and pre order it though, just keep in mind it could have exactly the same QC issues that put you off the x34, and also it's unclear right now which design Asus have actually ended up going for, this is the original (The nice one imo):

MO-089-AS_117038_350.jpg

And this is the one that has been floating around since and from IFA 2015: 

rogcurvedback.jpg

Note all the 'cooper' look instead of the original black 

And not to mention the Asus one being £200 more expensive on those pre orders than the Acer. 

I'm not saying you should get the Acer, or avoid the Asus, I would just avoid pre ordering if I were you. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Even the acer ultrawide hasn't had a proper review yet.... I myself am waiting for a good ultrawide / 1440p monitor for my new rig..will be waiting till december to see where exactly do asus and acer monitors actually lie.

It seems Overclockers has 1 month priority in the UK, so no other shops will sell it in the UK till 1 month after the release of it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

What sux for Canada is there is no place to even pre-order this item.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Lol @ 1200 £. What an insanely stupid price. Get the Acer predator and save like 250£. That's half a 980ti, and you still get an identical monitor with same specs.

Asus you must be trolling.

You mean the ACER Predator X34, with coil whine, problems at getting to 100hz, two year warranty and not three years like ASUS and colour banding, no thanks, I will buy the ASUS version for better QC on it.

What sux for Canada is there is no place to even pre-order this item.

It is the first time I have seen the three monitors for pre order

You mean the ACER Predator X34, with coil whine, problems at getting to 100hz, two year warranty and not three years like ASUS and colour banding, no thanks, I will buy the ASUS version for better QC on it.

Problem I have with Asus is as good as their products if something DOES go wrong, their support for their products is among the worst in the industry.  I do not want to have to go through any of that ever again.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

What are you talking about? They have the same gsync module and the same panel inside. Gsync monitors can only have coil whine from the gsync module itself. If you have a link stating otherwise, please share.

I do think the Asus kinda looks a little better, but not 250£ better on an already stupidly expensive monitor.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What are you talking about? They have the same gsync module and the same panel inside. Gsync monitors can only have coil whine from the gsync module itself. If you have a link stating otherwise, please share.

I do think the Asus kinda looks a little better, but not 250£ better on an already stupidly expensive monitor.

Could you provide a link to coil whine with Gsync, as I have never heard of this problem on other monitors. You mean coil at 60hz and then some others have coil whine when going to 100hz from 95hz, that is not the Gsync module

Well you also get an extra year warranty

Problem I have with Asus is as good as their products if something DOES go wrong, their support for their products is among the worst in the industry.  I do not want to have to go through any of that ever again.

I would not say it is the worst, ACER is a lot worse than ASUS in customer service

I just watched some videos on the PG348Q at IFA 2015, and they say 100 Hz refresh rate everywhere..even on the official spec sheet...hopefully it isnt the acer "do on your own risk" crap...

Could you provide a link to coil whine with Gsync, as I have never heard of this problem on other monitors. You mean coil at 60hz and then some others have coil whine when going to 100hz from 95hz, that is not the Gsync module

Well you also get an extra year warranty

The Acer predator Gsync model has a gsync module in it. So all VRM is part of that gsync module. I have not heard of coil whine on the Predator gsync model (or the adaptive sync for that matter). Why I asked for a link, as you claimed so.

The Acer predator Gsync model has a gsync module in it. So all VRM is part of that gsync module. I have not heard of coil whine on the Predator gsync model (or the adaptive sync for that matter). Why I asked for a link, as you claimed so.

There you go, from one of the owners and nearly all of them have sent the monitor back now

The two pictures that he posted show the color banding problems that i'm also suffering from.

That and the fact that i can't run my X34 at 100hz (only 95hz) lead to my decision.

I think the X34 definitely could have been a great 21:9 display if Acer put some more time into QA. After all 1300€ is a lot of cash and i'm not willing to play beta tester for that amount.

To sum it up again: Those are the reasons why i return it:

- Coil whine when overclocking >= 80hz

- 100hz not possible - only 95hz

- Runs at 60hz by default (for 75hz you need to overclock - this is a contradiction to the current tech specs and marketing)

- Serious color banding

http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/2130#post_24409297

There you go, from one of the owners and nearly all of them have sent the monitor back now

The two pictures that he posted show the color banding problems that i'm also suffering from.

That and the fact that i can't run my X34 at 100hz (only 95hz) lead to my decision.

I think the X34 definitely could have been a great 21:9 display if Acer put some more time into QA. After all 1300€ is a lot of cash and i'm not willing to play beta tester for that amount.

To sum it up again: Those are the reasons why i return it:

- Coil whine when overclocking >= 80hz

- 100hz not possible - only 95hz

- Runs at 60hz by default (for 75hz you need to overclock - this is a contradiction to the current tech specs and marketing)

- Serious color banding

http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/2130#post_24409297

Either they are talking about the Adaptive Sync version or the monitor is defective. It's sold as a 100hz monitor on Gsync and 75hz on Adaptive Sync. Others in that link say that it works just fine at 100hz.

I just read A lot in this thread.  I've seen more negative reviews than positive in the other threads i have looked through.  ACER apprently is aware of the colour bleed problem because the people that have contacted them have offered an RMA with really no questions asked or no testing.

So they have another month or so to make tweaks.  Sadly this is how it is in almost all computer components, pick a small area, release it first and they become your QA testing.  Take that info, refine then ship globally.   Asus did this with the RoG Swift.  I remember reading a bunch of issues with the colour bleeding from the first people getting them.  I got mine about 45 days later and everything is fine with it.  This was JUST after the first reviews of it came out.

Take what you will from this.

No way i would preorder a Display.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I would not say it is the worst, ACER is a lot worse than ASUS in customer service

Nope. They are both the same.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Noone should preorder anything.

Also, dont listen to any of the three individuals that claim to have a final version in their possession.

Just take a chill pill till the end of the year. And save money, lol.

Anyone shopping at this level should buy only when both the Acer and Asus are available and reviewed by someone like TFT central.

Noone should preorder anything.

Also, dont listen to any of the three individuals that claim to have a final version in their possession.

Just take a chill pill till the end of the year. And save money, lol.

Anyone shopping at this level should buy only when both the Acer and Asus are available and reviews by someone like TFT central.

Still though. What's to say that TFTCentral doesn't end up getting a cherry picked version so they end up reviewing Acers monitor favorably? 

Still though. What's to say that TFTCentral doesn't end up getting a cherry picked version so they ended up reviewing Acers monitor favorably? 

just found this guy on youtube, who has that acer x34 running 100hz on desktop too

Im guessing hes one of the few who got it before it got delayed again. 

And im guessing they pulled back the monitor because not everyone was hitting 100hz exactly. 

Thats GOOD they care enough to make sure that every acer x34 can do 100hz.

just found this guy on youtube, who has that acer x34 running 100hz on desktop too

Im guessing hes one of the few who got it before it got delayed again. 

And im guessing they pulled back the monitor because not everyone was hitting 100hz exactly. 

Thats GOOD they care enough to make sure that every acer x34 can do 100hz.

If they could all do 100hz through overclocking then Acer should just make it so that it's factory overclocked. The fact that they're not doing that means that they may be shying away because of legal issues and second due to the fact that it may be pushing the bandwidth a little too much. Not sure which yet.

Does no one notice that everyone on the Overclock.net forum (four people) set the monitor back because of the problems with it. This is the final version, they would not of released it to "test" the monitor as it would decrease sales of the "final" monitor.

The ACER monitor has problems