'molecules' made of light

jos

Unless you also have 'the force' with you lightsabers are useless.And stop acting like a kid. Weapons are used for killing, usually in war, there is no elegancy in war.Obi-wanker or not.

Grievous was one of the most skilled lightsaber users in the galaxy. Pre Vizsla was able to resist Darth Maul as well as Savage Opress for quite some time. A criminal used Ashoka Tano's sabers. Cad Bane used it too. Bobba Fett fought Vader with it. So no, they arent useless, just not as effective.

One can still consider one weapon to be more elegant and noble than another. Atleast with a lightsaber, you fight your opponent man to man, with honour.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Light beam guns yes, lightsabers are overrated 

Blasters don't give you the precision of a lightsaber though, and they're not as useful in non-combat situations either

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Grievous was one of the most skilled lightsaber users in the galaxy. Pre Vizsla was able to resist Darth Maul as well as Savage Opress for quite some time. A criminal used Ashoka Tano's sabers. Cad Bane used it too. Bobba Fett fought Vader with it. So no, they arent useless, just not as effective.

One can still consider one weapon to be more elegant and noble than another. Atleast with a lightsaber, you fight your opponent man to man, with honour.

you remember clone wars episode where she lost her saber and got it back ? kudos to you. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

you remember clone wars episode where she lost her saber and got it back ? kudos to you. 

Bitch im basically the biggest star wars nerd. read most of the comics that are/were canon. Saw clone wars and am very excited for rebels new season :3

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Bitch im basically the biggest star wars nerd. read most of the comics that are/were canon. Saw clone wars and am very excited for rebels new season :3

yeah, i love the Kanan comics, there's gonna be C3po and chubaca comics spl edition next month, also like the Darth vedar issue, also, tell me you have seen Rebels season 1? if you watched SW clone wars, Rebels season 1 ending and season 2 first 2 eps will give you ghoosebumps 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

yeah, i love the Kanan comics, there's gonna be C3po and chubaca comics spl edition next month, also like the Darth vedar issue, also, tell me you have seen Rebels season 1? if you watched SW clone wars, Rebels season 1 ending and season 2 first 2 eps will give you ghoosebumps 

Yes. And they did :3

Also cant wait for the Vader Down / Star Wars crossover comic :3 November cant come soon enough

Yes. And they did :3

Also cant wait for the Vader Down / Star Wars crossover comic :3 November cant come soon enough

the only thing i'm not excited about is the SW battle front game and the novel, i just cant get into it. do you realize when they start to shoot the SW VIII next month, there's gonna be 3 SW movies in production together in our life time. 

Also, if you love SW, then you have to watch this show called Jedi Council, every thursday, they talk everything Canon and Movie news and all the comics that was released on wednesday. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

the only thing i'm not excited about is the SW battle front game and the novel, i just cant get into it. do you realize when they start to shoot the SW VIII next month, there's gonna be 3 SW movies in production together in our life time. 

Also, if you love SW, then you have to watch this show called Jedi Council, every thursday, they talk everything Canon and Movie news and all the comics that was released on wednesday. 

well its EA ruining its licence xD

you do realise that we are now the generation to take our kids to see star wars in the theatres and feel the same way our parents had, when they took us? :3 thats amazing.

Well considering ive read pretty much everything there is to read, i dont "need" to watch it xD

well its EA ruining its licence xD

you do realise that we are now the generation to take our kids to see star wars in the theatres and feel the same way our parents had, when they took us? :3 thats amazing.

Well considering ive read pretty much everything there is to read, i dont "need" to watch it xD

i wish we would have gotten SW 1313, remember the wrong jedi episode in season 5 ? where asoka called them to meet in floor 1312? man that game would have been epic if that game was canon and released. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

i wish we would have gotten SW 1313, remember the wrong jedi episode in season 5 ? where asoka called them to meet in floor 1312? man that game would have been epic if that game was canon and released. 

yeahhhh :D (well it seems to me ive found myself a SW enthusiast of a similar caliber as myself here)

yeahhhh :D (well it seems to me ive found myself a SW enthusiast of a similar caliber as myself here)

Me too :D, here's hoping JJ delivers, the prequels set a low standard, that anything JJ does has to be better, also iirc Visceral bought the rights to 1313 and remaking the game like uncharted, hope that happens. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Me too :D, here's hoping JJ delivers, the prequels set a low standard, that anything JJ does has to be better, also iirc Visceral bought the rights to 1313 and remaking the game like uncharted, hope that happens. 

Unpopular opinion. I dont hate the preuquels. The story was great, but casting let it down. Only Ewan McGregor was really something id imagine Obi-Wan to be like. 

Unpopular opinion. I dont hate the preuquels. The story was great, but casting let it down. Only Ewan McGregor was really something id imagine Obi-Wan to be like. 

Ewan McGregor was only good cast in those prequels, lucas is a creator but not a director, and there was no one that could say No to him during the prequels, none, and if you've heard or seen the DVD bonus of how he directed the cast, he literally just said to them "do what you did better" and rolled the camera, he didn't bring any emotions from the character compared to originals, i dont hate the prequels, but i tolerate them, i saw the blueray remastered version of the The Phantom Menace, was really tough as a SW fan to like that movie. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Ewan McGregor was only good cast in those prequels, lucas is a creator but not a director, and there was no one that could say No to him during the prequels, none, and if you've heard or seen the DVD bonus of how he directed the cast, he literally just said to them "do what you did better" and rolled the camera, he didn't bring any emotions from the character compared to originals, i dont hate the prequels, but i tolerate them, i saw the blueray remastered version of the The Phantom Menace, was really tough as a SW fan to like that movie. 

I didnt see any remasters of any movie. Because in my opinion once you release it its done. changing anything just ruins it. even if there are little plot holes, dont worry, there will always be fan theories patching them up...

I didnt see any remasters of any movie. Because in my opinion once you release it its done. changing anything just ruins it. even if there are little plot holes, dont worry, there will always be fan theories patching them up...

maybe this will shed more clarity. i mean just watch it. :unsure: 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

There is no honor in war and killing each other thats basics.

Anyway in movies/games/prototypes lightsabers are love, but im talking real life, you cant even deflect lighbeam bullets with a lightsaber in reality like games or movies its too fast obviously.

There is no honor in war and killing each other thats basics.

Anyway in movies/games/prototypes lightsabers are love, but im talking real life, you cant even deflect lighbeam bullets with a lightsaber in reality like games or movies its too fast obviously.

Actually they arent light beams. They are plasma bolts and they move pretty slowly if you havent noticed. Given that with training japanese ninjas were known to dodge fast projectiles, id say a trained non-force attuned individual would be more than capable of blocking, and perhaps even deflecting plasma bolts. What makes force attuned people great at it is their enhanced reflexes, and the fact they sense those things without seeing them. so they are better at it.