Guild Wars 2 - Who actually still plays?

SidewinderB4

With the news and recent posts about GW2 becoming F2P with limitations and the release of HoT in October, who still plays and who's just started playing?

Friend and I have just gone back after almost a years break, It's funny seeing how many Commander tags are running around now compared to back then, it's like every Tom, Dick and Harry has one. :P

We started new Guardians and built them back up to 80 to re-learn the game (wasn't particularly hard..) but we had to figure out the new system for abilities/traits. 

So, Just out of Curiosity, for those of you who are long term players or new, what's your favourite class, and are you looking forward to the Revenant? From what I've seen they're a pretty viable PvP/WvW class especially from running around with them in Beta Weekends. 

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

I started playiong the day it went F2P, was always interested in the game but I didn't want to pay 60 dollars for it. Played a necromancer until level 15 or so and lost interest.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

I just started like five days ago. Pretty fun, don't enjoy the grindiness for ore to craft weapons though. :(

Paid $60 back in late 2012 early 2013 played like a week and never got back to it

after hearing it would go F2P I stopped, high-fived myself for not paying 50EU for HoT expansion

On my phone, so not able to quote ;

Necro is one of those classes in GW2 that not everyone can get to grips with, it's not particularly the best class to start with. Try a Warrior or Guardian? With Melee and ranged abilities they're pretty fun!

The gathering to create weapons can get a bit tedious, but it's actually a really good way to level up aswell as it grants a fair whack of experience for doing it. Though most people tend to do this on their second play through. It's easier to just buy stuff off the trading post at first.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

I paid 20€ in some promotion back in 2013 I had a lot of fun, took 3 characters to lvl 80 but at lvl 80 I got bored since I got bored of some stuff that you have to do if you want the best armor and the best weapons...

Still, I had a lot of fun and only spent 20€ so it was more than worth my money

I would play it if I wasn't rocking a dual core mobile i5 and a GT525M :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

For price paid/time spent playing I'm not complaining at all. I'm well over 1.5k hours on it.

I'm a bit miffed that the games gone F2P and they're charging full price for HoT to current/returning players. A discount scheme of some form would have been nice, but if it brings a good amount of new content I'm happy to go ahead and pay it.

Spoiler

I've been playing since release and have a level 80 Thief, Ranger, and Warrior. I mainly do PvP or jumping puzzles. I try WvW every so often, but find it kinda boring and empty outside zergs. Not sure if I'm going to get HoT as I don't play PvE very much.

I bought in in late 2013, got my guardian to 80, got bored and left. I tried it 6 months later by making some new chars but left shortly. Never came back since and not planning to. 

I guess the uniqueness of gw2 systems (every aspect) didn't really appeal to me.

Are the questing and combat really as enjoyable as people made it out to be back in the day? I'm tempted now it's F2P, although ArcheAge left me a little sour for MMOs.

No harm in trying seen as it's free.

I like the questing system, no need to speak to 100's of different NPC's for quests (excluding story) and the world events that spawn give you something to do on the side too.

We've managed to convince a few friends to return or start fresh, I used to run a pretty large guild at one point but we all faded out over time, there's probably a whopping 6 of us back playing now. haha.

The downloads not especially big either, so gotta be worth a shot? if you don't like it, just drop it. :D

Spoiler

I bought it at launch, been playing it off and on these past three years. I main Warrior and mainly play PvE with a bit of WvW and Fractals every now and then.

I haven't been playing these past couple months because there is absolutely nothing for me and my friends to do in the game since we've done dungeons, fractals, caught up on Personal Story, have Ascended gear, and map completion is done. All that is left to do is craft a legendary weapon, which takes too much time or gold, which none of us have.

We are also not interested in the expansion since everything that has been announced about it isn't worth the $50 asking price.

There has been a lot of changes these past couple years, some for the better and some not so much. I probably won't play GW2 till late next year since Blade & Soul is coming out in Q1 2016 and my whole group of friends are jumping onto that. By then HoT will be cheaper anyway, I'd probably be comfortable paying $25 for it, but not $50.

Are the questing and combat really as enjoyable as people made it out to be back in the day? I'm tempted now it's F2P, although ArcheAge left me a little sour for MMOs.

I like the PvP more than WoW.

Questing is meh, but I'm not one to enjoy PvE in games with PvP in the first place.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

The PvP is pretty fun even if I am garbage at it, I don't Play it as often as I probably should - think I've around 600 kills in there.

I play WvW more than PvP but our server isn't great at it. Haha. It's one of those situations that if a commander who actually knows what he's doing leaves, everybody runs around like headless chickens and we lose everything we capped in the first place.

Spoiler