4790 VS 4790k?

DeMiThA
Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

its 35$ more for the K, i like to have a faster processor, im a average pc user , dont game much, if any.im not planing on using a GPU. so im relying on the intel HD  graphics, overclocking the processor will give me a boost in graphics too?  do you think one can spot the performance difference between k and non k on daily pc use?

On that premise alone I would not recommend a K variant. Allocate your money towards other hardware, or heck, pocket it.

Is there a noticeable performance difference between 4790 VS 4790k? i don't planing on overclocking, 4790k worth the extra bucks?

There is no difference aside from the unlocked multiplier. A 4790K at stock is a 4790.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

no

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Is there a noticeable performance difference between 4790 VS 4790k? i don't planing on overclocking, 4790k worth the extra bucks?

Same thing except the 4790k can be OC'd.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'd highly recommend the Xeon E3 1231 V3 over the 4790.  It'll save you a lot of money for the same performance.

One can be Overclocked, (That's what the K means) 

It's up to you, Know if you will OC.  I am sitting on a i7 myself with reasoning as the build has to last 5 years or more.  Overclocking, for me will be very important.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

There is no difference aside from the unlocked multiplier. A 4790K at stock is a 4790.

Same thing except the 4790k can be OC'd.

if you're not gonna OC, you shouldnt bother.

no

You all are missing the fact that the stock-clocked 4790k is faster than the 4790 as well.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I'd highly recommend the Xeon E3 1231 V3 over the 4790.  It'll save you a lot of money for the same performance.

One can be Overclocked, (That's what the K means) 

It's up to you, Know if you will OC.  I am sitting on a i7 myself with reasoning as the build has to last 5 years or more.  Overclocking, for me will be very important.

I need the integrated GPU on 4790 bro, don't intend on using a dedicated GPU anytime soon.

Unfortunately most of the advice you got was from people who were full of shit. The 4790k has a 10.5% higher stock clockspeed than the 4790.

oo  :mellow:

i will go with the 4790k then, Thanks for the help guys.  :D

i will go with the 4790k then, Thanks for the help guys.  :D

How much more is it than the 4790 in your area? It's probably not worth your time, to be honest. The general consensus is K variants are used if the user has intentions of overclocking. Not many use the K variant if they're not overclocking.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

How much more is it than the 4790 in your area? It's probably not worth your time, to be honest. The general consensus is K variants are used if the user has intentions of overclocking. Not many use the K variant if they're not overclocking.

its 35$ more for the K, i like to have a faster processor, im a average pc user , dont game much, if any.im not planing on using a GPU. so im relying on the intel HD  graphics, overclocking the processor will give me a boost in graphics too?  do you think one can spot the performance difference between k and non k on daily pc use?

On that premise alone I would not recommend a K variant. Allocate your money towards other hardware, or heck, pocket it.