r9 390x LE? Whats that

Jarirx

So, I've built PC's for years, went from every brand of CPU and GPU. But for the life of me, I've never heard of a LE edition card?

Especially the 390x,

MSI RMA is sending me a MSI R9 390X LE, I'll link the picture to their claim. Can anyone fill me in?>

post-259285-0-61329900-1442032525.png

Light Edition? Don't know... To be completely honest.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

So, I've built PC's for years, went from every brand of CPU and GPU. But for the life of me, I've never heard of a LE edition card?

Especially the 390x,

MSI RMA is sending me a MSI R9 390X LE, I'll link the picture to their claim. Can anyone fill me in?>

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2.png

They had a 7870 LE, which was in between the 7870 and 7950. (Kinda AMD version of a TI). BUTTTTTT i've never heard of a 390x le so idk if that's actually what it is. It might be MSI's version like limited edition or something.

"le graphics card"

is all that showed up on google, i wish i was kidding...

EDIT: @DarkBlade2117 lightning edition? the new one?

Don't know about that,

@Jarirx snap a few pictures when the card arrives.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

They had a 7870 LE, which was in between the 7870 and 7950. (Kinda AMD version of a TI). BUTTTTTT i've never heard of a 390x le so idk if that's actually what it is. It might be MSI's version like limited edition or something.

"le graphics card"

is all that showed up on google, i wish i was kidding...

EDIT: @DarkBlade2117 lightning edition? the new one?

One, If its the lightning edition.. It was never circulated only 150 were made for testing. TwinfrozerV cooler was chosen over lightning edition cooler. I wonder.. Would that mean a 390x is halfway between 390x and Nano?

@DarkBlade2117

Ill definitely do that, I'm requesting more info before then send it. I should get it by Friday at the latest if they ship Monday or Tuesday.

@DarkBlade2117

Ill definitely do that, I'm requesting more info before then send it. I should get it by Friday at the latest if they ship Monday or Tuesday.

A 390x will for sure make a difference over a 280x, no matter what version it is.

@manikyatn Found an article about the unreleased 300 series Lightning Cards, so all I can do is pray that I'm getting a limited circulation card!!

inb4 R9 390x "fanLEss edition" running at a massive 5Hz core clock xD

@manikyatn Found an article about the unreleased 300 series Lightning Cards, so all I can do is pray that I'm getting a limited circulation card!!

would be pretty ballin' if they accidentially sent stock that wasnt supposed to get out xD

would be pretty ballin' if they accidentially sent stock that wasnt supposed to get out xD

That's how it got out in the first place, They send 3 of them out as production testers

LE stands for "Lite edition" from what past AMD cards have done.

There was a 290x Lightning LE and I believe some MSI gaming cards, they just had reduced core-clocks and sometimes slower memory.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

pls update when you get it, with pics, we would all like to know

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

pls update when you get it, with pics, we would all like to know

I'll do a whole overclocking post about it, I'll do a video and link it for all of you about my experience with the card, I'll be custom watercooling it and getto-rigging a fan to cool the VRM. I think I may have actually fried the VRM not spilled water on my last one

They're replacing your 280X with a 390X? Daammnn

Yeah, they are replacing my 280x which is discontinued, for a 390x. They also said due to dedication they were willing to give me a bigger upgrade. I was offered a 390, but I asked questions

post-259285-0-85114200-1442384219.pngOk guys, I got the card. Box photos will be uploaded tomorow, however the box was nothing  more than a 390x box with the stamp LITE EDITION instead of OC EDITION on it.

The card looks exactly the same as a normal 390x from MSI, However the bios on the card was clocked at 525 MHZ core, and 750 MHZ memory.

I simply bumped the stats to "OC EDITION" settings of 1100 MHZ core, and 1500 MHZ memory, the card didn't skip a beat. 

HOWEVER> I cannot get above 1120 MHZ on the card, which kinda sucks. but the card is still a beast,

Ok guys, I got the card. Box photos will be uploaded tomorow, however the box was nothing  more than a 390x box with the stamp LITE EDITION instead of OC EDITION on it.

The card looks exactly the same as a normal 390x from MSI, However the bios on the card was clocked at 525 MHZ core, and 750 MHZ memory.

I simply bumped the stats to "OC EDITION" settings of 1100 MHZ core, and 1500 MHZ memory, the card didn't skip a beat. 

HOWEVER> I cannot get above 1120 MHZ on the card, which kinda sucks. but the card is still a beast,

Did you try adding some voltage? The new cards scale nicely within +100mv. Not so much when you go above 100.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case