PFSense Router not connecting to the internet

Go to solution Solved by Penny5837,

The pfsense one :)

What are you able to ping from either device?

WAN - WAN?

WAN - LAN?

LAN - WAN?

LAN - LAN?

When I had it configured, I could ping it from two different devices on the network, and I could use the router to ping them too, however I still wasn't getting an internet connection through the router.

The PFSense router was set to get the WAN IP from dhcp, and the LAN IP to be 192.168.1.111

The router had dhcp on, but I think it might be conflicting with my current router, because they are both using the same subnet. (192.168.1.10-192.168.1.200)

Okay, I setup a PFSense router and the LAN is allowing me to access the web-config page, but the wan wont connect to the rest of my network. I'm trying to get the pfsense router to go like this through my network:

Modem>Router>PFSense Router>Dummy Computer.

Eventually I want to replace the main router with the PFSense Router, but I need the PFSense router to work first. If you could help out that would be great. 

Right now I have the WAN set to dhcp, and the lan set to static, and giving out dhcp. The LAN works perfectly. 

Also, The main router tells me that the PFSense router is connected to it, and it gives it an ip-address. 

Disable the firewall on the pfsense router, along with dhcp. Keep wan as dhcp though.

My native language is C++

Disable the firewall on the pfsense router, along with dhcp. Keep wan as dhcp though.

Not working. I can't even access the web config now. :(

what was the router's ip address? set your static ip address to something in the ip range of the pfsense box. For example, if the pfsense ip were 192.168.1.1, set your ip address to 192.168.1.222

My native language is C++

Lol Kyle - PLEASE change your avatar to something less flashy - my eyes hurt! :D

@OP Could it be some policies you did not configure correctly?

Lol Kyle - PLEASE change your avatar to something less flashy - my eyes hurt! :D

@OP Could it be some policies you did not configure correctly?

Mabye. I'm probably just going to start from scratch and re-config the thing.

what was the router's ip address? set your static ip address to something in the ip range of the pfsense box. For example, if the pfsense ip were 192.168.1.1, set your ip address to 192.168.1.222

Which router? The pf sense one or the one before it?

WAN - WAN?

WAN - LAN?

LAN - WAN?

LAN - LAN?

WAN - WAN?

WAN - LAN?

LAN - WAN?

LAN - LAN?

When I had it configured, I could ping it from two different devices on the network, and I could use the router to ping them too, however I still wasn't getting an internet connection through the router.

The PFSense router was set to get the WAN IP from dhcp, and the LAN IP to be 192.168.1.111

The router had dhcp on, but I think it might be conflicting with my current router, because they are both using the same subnet. (192.168.1.10-192.168.1.200)

Sounds about right :) Try a class a ip on you pf-sense box, its way easier for troubleshooting as they differ very much from a class c.

example 10.0.0.x

Sounds about right :) Try a class a ip on you pf-sense box, its way easier for troubleshooting as they differ very much from a class c.

example 10.0.0.x

Okay so I set the WAN IP to dhcp, but I now set the LAN IP to 10.0.0.1? And the dhcp for the LAN to 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.200?

Okay so I set the WAN IP to dhcp, but I now set the LAN IP to 10.0.0.1? And the dhcp for the LAN to 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.200?

yeah, with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask :)

Your pfsense box should get 10.0.0.1 as its ip for management.

Alright, it works! Thank you so much man, I've been pulling my hair out all night!

Is there an easier way to port forward, other than going through the firewall?

Is there an easier way to port forward, other than going through the firewall?

No, there is not :)

pfsense is not a consumer router - you need to manage your firewall rules aswell as your portforwards :)

Alright, it works! Thank you so much man, I've been pulling my hair out all night!

Sweet :) please set the post as answered so other people dont click on it a lot ;)

No, there is not :)

pfsense is not a consumer router - you need to manage your firewall rules aswell as your portforwards :)

Damn that sucks.

Damn that sucks.

No its awesome :D more control over your network that way ;)

No its awesome :D more control over your network that way ;)

Any cool packages that you recommend?

Squid, sudo, snort (if your hardware is powerfull enough), pfblocker, openvpn, cron, arpwatch (if you have a syslog server), freeradius2, iperf, mailscanner and vanish3

Squid, sudo, snort (if your hardware is powerfull enough), pfblocker, openvpn, cron, arpwatch (if you have a syslog server), freeradius2, iperf, mailscanner and vanish3

Alright, I'll look into those. Thanks for your help, man.

Alright, I'll look into those. Thanks for your help, man.

No problem :)

No problem :)

Is there any way that you know of to get the router to show up in windows network explorer?