Gear S2 Prices Revealed... Suddenly less sexy.

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-gear-s2-gear-s2-3g-gear-s2-classic-official-now-price-release-date-revealed-2086109

samsung-gear-s2.jpg

The US market price is expected to be $350 for the S2 while the official US pricing for the Classic have yet to be revealed, the conversions are setting it at around $500.

I was really hoping it wouldn't go over $350-400 for the Classic (I'll be getting one if I can still EDIT - Only once the price goes does down at least $150).

This is the first Smart Watch that's ever interested me, also the first Wrist Watch that has ever interested me...

The pricing is definitely reasonable considering the style market factor of a watch, though I don't find the normal Gear S2 to be very stylish, though the smaller Classic could benefit from a sand blasted finish option like the base model (I'd grab that thing like Thai Food).

Samsung launched the Gear S2 lineup of smartwatches at the IFA 2015 event. The smartwatch series come with a sporty, cool design, along with cutting-edge specifications on board. However, now, new details pertaining to the price and release date have surfaced from Germany.

With a unique rotating bezel and an easy-to-accustom user interface, the Samsung Gear S2 has everything a smart wearable gadget should ideally come with. To top it off, a fully independent 3G variant of the device will also be made available, in addition to the regular Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic, Phone Arena reported. The 3G watch apparently comes with an embedded e-SIM and this helps the smartwatch work independently without the need to pair a compatible phone.

As far as the Samsung Gear S2 price goes, a brand new report citing a German retailer said that the device will be made available for 379 euros (i.e. $425) in Germany. The same gadget will reportedly cost 349 euros (i.e. $391) in other European markets. When it comes to the U.S. market, the device is expected to cost $349. On the other hand, the price of Samsung Gear S2 Classic is reported to be 449 euros in Germany, which is about $503.

In addition, Samsung’s Gear S2 release date has reportedly been set for October 2015. However, so far, the 3G version of the smartwatch’s price and release date have not been revealed. Phone Arena, meanwhile, speculates that the 3G variant will be released sometime towards the end of November.

As far as the Gear S2 specifications go, the 1.2-inch Super AMOLED display is complimented by 360 x 360 pixels screen resolution. This display combination translates to a pixel density of 302 ppi, Phone Arena reported.

Under the hood, there is a dual-core 1 GHz processor powering the gear. This unit is backed by a solid 512 MB of RAM configuration. On the software front, the South Korean tech giant has opted for Tizen OS, instead of the Android Wear platform.

When it comes to memory capacity, the Samsung Gear S2 houses a good-enough 4 GB of internal storage space. Other key Gear S2 features include support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and IP 68 rating. To top it all off, this gadget apparently provides two to three days of battery life with 250 mAh battery unit on board.

The Gear S2 Classic doesn't look like it should cost much more than the S2 but it is targeting both tech and style so I get the larger jump, seems like its split between paying for a nice watch and a nice piece of tech evenly.

How long do you all think it'll take for the Classic's pricing to drop to around $300?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Not for that price. It will come down in the coming months but the hype needs to die down. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

$500 in the US, $700 in Australia :). You think you've got it bad. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Premium goods, premium pricing. Such is life.

Samsung isn't going to RD THAT and then slash the price just cause they're good guys and want sales. They'll give it A healthy margin and then add 20% as a luxury tax, because that's how they want it viewed. Not some disposable plastic G Watch, but a daily use time piece that looks good.

And for that, the prices will come up.

Hey samsung, see my interest?

It goes flies right out of the window flipping a bird.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

700$ for a smartphone, 100% acceptable. 500$ for fashion pieces that can be radically more expensive yet have the very bleeding edge of technology in them is overpriced. ...okay

Why on earth would I pay that much for a watch when I could pay the same amount (or less) to buy a phone off contract? Samsung, come on, stop giving us the shaft.

COMIC SANS

$500 in the US, $700 in Australia :). You think you've got it bad. 

A Rolex would be much better option :)

Magical Pineapples

A Rolex would be much better option :)

Yeah I've never really seen the value in smartwatches, they save you about 5 secs it would take you to get your phone out. And there's not redeeming feature really, none of them have yet to stun me with looks, it's mechanical for me. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

700$ for a smartphone, 100% acceptable. 500$ for fashion pieces that can be radically more expensive yet have the very bleeding edge of technology in them is overpriced. ...okay

I don't think over $300 for a smartphone is acceptable, hence why they can be acquired for near nothing on contract.

I don't think over $300 for a smartphone is acceptable, hence why they can be acquired for near nothing on contract.

thats like saying I dont think cars should go over 2k, but they can be acquired for that on a loan. because that's all a contract is. your still paying the full 700$, if not far more

thats like saying I dont think cars should go over 2k, but they can be acquired for that on a loan. because that's all a contract is. your still paying the full 700$, if not far more

No, programs like Verizon Edge are like loans/leases, contracts are paid in time, If you cancel you pay full price, if you continue through the contract end than you've only paid the down price along with your service bill.

• 1 month later...

Hey, this is my first post here and on any forum site for that matter. i just got the Gear S2, and its nice, but, it's seriously lacking in apps. The app store reminds me of the dark days when i had a BlackBerry. i was wondering if it'd b possible o run Android wear on it? Thanks!

Hey, this is my first post here and on any forum site for that matter. i just got the Gear S2, and its nice, but, it's seriously lacking in apps. The app store reminds me of the dark days when i had a BlackBerry. i was wondering if it'd b possible o run Android wear on it? Thanks!

Sadly that is not possible. You're stuck with Tizen for now.