Should the monitor and pc share outlets?

MACGYVR

I have the "normal" 2 outlets in one spot on the wall.

i have also two gaming pc and one monitor per pc

should the pcs have their own "personal" outlet and he monitors share a outlet?

or can the pc and monitor share(safely) off one outlet?

is the question clear or clear as mud?

one psu is 620w and the other is 500w

post-229835-0-33396600-1441829128.png

well... fun fact: it doesnt matter, those outlets go to the same cable in the wall anyways.

EDIT: pretty accurate representation of what my desk looked like before cable ties:

tdy-110318-cords-4x3-145p.grid-6x2.jpg

It can I have around five power splitters, with all the outlets occupied coming from one wall outlet and my computer and monitor plug into like the fourth splitter or something.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Should be perfectly fine. If it isn't you may wish to contact an electrician.

my dad is an electrician. does that count?

jk( he really is) but anyway

i just wanted to see if the pc needs its own "untampered current"

*theoretically* what is on the same line as your devices doesnt matter.

that said, i have this monitor... and it tends to do really wonky shit depending on what outlet i plug it in...

EDIT: should mention: i have a good 20 devices connected to one outlet.

I have a power strip (Pretty sure its a surge protector too, at least I hope it is..) connected to a single outlet, then have two monitors, my pc, my speakers, and my alarm clock all running off of it.

Works just fine, no issues with it, so I'd say it's fine if they share outlets.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

my dad is an electrician. does that count?

jk( he really is) but anyway

i just wanted to see if the pc needs its own "untampered current"

you should have both on good power bars

other then that...for those wattage psu's you should be fine

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

well... fun fact: it doesnt matter, those outlets go to the same cable in the wall anyways.

EDIT: pretty accurate representation of what my desk looked like before cable ties:

tdy-110318-cords-4x3-145p.grid-6x2.jpg

*news* Man dies in electrical fire, suspected overcharge

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

As long as you're not pulling more than 1500W from the wall you should be fine.

The power plant that we get electricity from is really crappy so sometimes the power will go off then back on in an instant causing most of our computers to have to restart. Somehow, the outlet my computer is connected to never loses power so when my siblings are raging at their computers getting restarted and losing their unsaved work cuz of a power "flicker" I am over here laughing :>

If something like that can happen to me then maybe separate outlets can be affected differently in the event of a power surge or something. Maybe have the two computers on different outlets so if something happens to one outlet you don't lose both computers?

Surge protectors are op tho

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

*news* Man dies in electrical fire, suspected overcharge

only got electrocuted 4 times, i'll be fine :P

and if anything catches fire here its my tv, because sharp cant make televisions that dont overheat on the north pole...

I have a powerline adapter passthrough leading to an extension lead which has my PC, 2 monitors and a stereo system plugged into it with everything turned on due to how my setup works, and it's fine. I've had multiple extension lead setups before and they're fine.

only got electrocuted 4 times, i'll be fine :P

and if anything catches fire here its my tv, because sharp cant make televisions that dont overheat on the north pole...

My SHARP TV used to be fine heat wise, but my SONY TV which I have was recalled (I don't think my parents claimed it) because it overheats and can set on fire. After about 2 hours of on time, my TV gets REAL toasty, but my SHARP one was fine after a day of use.

My set up:  

Wall>surge protector 3400 joules 12 outlets > surge protector 2100 joules 10 outlets > power strip 7 outlets > extension cord with 3 outlets

I have every outlet in use. But its all into one jack in the wall.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

It depends on how much current you are actually drawing from the wall, rather than the theoretical maximum power of the PSU's. If you happen to be drawing a freakish ton of power, it may be a good idea to put the different machines on different breakers to distribute that power draw more evenly, but if you're not having any problems, don't fix what isn't broken.

If you really love your machine focus on buying a UPS for all that fancy gear. This will condition the power going into your system, smoothing out voltage spikes and compensating for brown/blackouts with an internal battery. If that's too rich for your blood, you can buy standalone line conditioners as well. Personally I run all of my systems behind their own UPS.

My SHARP TV used to be fine heat wise, but my SONY TV which I have was recalled (I don't think my parents claimed it) because it overheats and can set on fire. After about 2 hours of on time, my TV gets REAL toasty, but my SHARP one was fine after a day of use.

my sharp's back plastic is warped from the heat, i got it for free so i cant complain...

As long as you're not pulling more than 1500W from the wall you should be fine.

Mind you left pondia so you use a Voltage of 110V

In the UK the Voltage is 240 (+or- something not sure what [10% ?] so we will go with 240V).  Max current for domestic outlets is 13 Amps. Power= Current X Voltage Max power is at max current so 13 X 240 = 3120 so ≈ 3KW (this depends on what else is on the circuit with that outlet[cooker circuits will cope with a current of 30A]) . A couple of monitors, couple of systems, speakers and a printer all running from the same outlet should be  OK

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Mind you left pondia so you use a Voltage of 110V

In the UK the Voltage is 240 (+or- something not sure what [10% ?] so we will go with 240V).  Max current for domestic outlets is 13 Amps. Power= Current X Voltage Max power is at max current so 13 X 240 = 3120 so ≈ 3KW (this depends on what else is on the circuit with that outlet[cooker circuits will cope with a current of 30A]) . A couple of monitors, couple of systems, speakers and a printer all running from the same outlet should be  OK

Lucky sods. You have a lot of power. :P we get shafted in the US and Japan.

Oh, and UK socket designs are far superior. So much safer than Diahbeetusland.

It depends on how much current you are actually drawing from the wall, rather than the theoretical maximum power of the PSU's. If you happen to be drawing a freakish ton of power, it may be a good idea to put the different machines on different breakers to distribute that power draw more evenly, but if you're not having any problems, don't fix what isn't broken.

If you really love your machine focus on buying a UPS for all that fancy gear. This will condition the power going into your system, smoothing out voltage spikes and compensating for brown/blackouts with an internal battery. If that's too rich for your blood, you can buy standalone line conditioners as well. Personally I run all of my systems behind their own UPS.

what is ups

you should have both on good power bars

other then that...for those wattage psu's you should be fine

i will. right now i dont.

but one system costed $1300 so i will be getting a very good surge protecter.

btw it is good practice to unplug everything during a liightining storm. I do and It is probly a good thing too.

atleast your pc tvs and internet

what is ups

Uninteruptable Power Supply.

Basically a huge constantly charging battery which runs all your electronics (well those plugged into it ) .  As the power from the wall goes into the battery, then the power for your electronics come from the battery; within reason the UPS can deal with minor power spikes/brown outs.  In a complete power cut there is enough charge in a UPS to allow a proper (saving files etc) close down of the system .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Uninteruptable Power Supply.

Basically a huge constantly charging battery which runs all your electronics (well those plugged into it ) .  As the power from the wall goes into the battery, then the power for your electronics come from the battery; within reason the UPS can deal with minor power spikes/brown outs.  In a complete power cut there is enough charge in a UPS to allow a proper (saving files etc) close down of the system .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

oh cool.