Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - Impressions topic

Jumals

From what I gather I'm about half way through and so far I think it is a very good game.

It is a departure from the MGS1-4 games as it is weighted far heavier towards the amount of gameplay vs the amount of story and cutscenes.

It supposedly has more cutscenes and story in the back half so I'll just have to see.

The stealth is very good and going through the large open world maps and collecting men and materials for your base is quite fun.

I'm told the gameplay is similar to the PSP game Peace Walker but I haven't played that so I can't  make any comparisons to it my self.

Any complaints I have for it so far are pretty minor and nothing close to being deal breakers.

I'm told the gameplay is similar to the PSP game Peace Walker but I haven't played that so I can't make any comparisons to it my self.

Any complaints I have for it so far are pretty minor and nothing close to being deal breakers.

Peace Walker? Wasn't that game like a cutscene road trip with QTE? I think portable Ops Is the game in question, but even that game is more interactive than 5.

The redhead with a gasmask is a guy lol.

Hint: metal gear solid 1.

wait if thats psycho mantis then how the hell is he so old in metal gear solid one? is it fox die? 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

wait if thats psycho mantis then how the hell is he so old in metal gear solid one? is it fox die? 

Fox die is a killing virus, not an aging Virus.

he just looks like a dried up musk, he is roughly 30+ fyi

MGS 5 have alot of recurring characters which i find funny. 

MGS V is a game that has taught me not to shoot like an idiot whenever I see an enemy

Fox die is a killing virus, not an aging Virus.

he just looks like a dried up musk, he is roughly 30+ fyi

MGS 5 have alot of recurring characters which i find funny. 

doesnt the fox die solid snake was injected with in mgs 1 make solid snake age 5 years for every one year 1? thats why hes so old in mgs 4 (set in 2014) and so young in mgs 1 (set in 2005). and why he was almost the same age as big boss at the end of mgs4 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Overall a good Expirience and a good Port.

Performance-wise, it's an amazing port.

Controls can be a bit janky at times. I often get incorrect button prompts. And oh my god these menus need mouse control.

Performance-wise, it's an amazing port.

Controls can be a bit janky at times. I often get incorrect button prompts. And oh my god these menus need mouse control.

ive actually gotten pretty good at navigating menu in seconds to get to what i want. as fast as i would on a mouse 

doesnt the fox die solid snake was injected with in mgs 1 make solid snake age 5 years for every one year 1? thats why hes so old in mgs 4 (set in 2014) and so young in mgs 1 (set in 2005). and why he was almost the same age as big boss at the end of mgs4 

Eh kinda, but mostly because he is a Clone.

When he was created they tinkered with his Genes or something and made its so 

a: he cant be recloned

b: he ages faster

and ofc c: he cant have kids.

Hmm now that i think about it the Fox die did mutate and i think caused an acceleration to his ageing + due to the cloning but really its mostly due to the cloning.

the Fox alive Virus however did something and prolonged his life by a year or two.