Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - Impressions topic

Jumals

Have you guys enjoyed the game so far?

I can say for me that I sure have, it's every bit of good as I imagined it to be.

Sure there are some very annoying mechanics but nothing game breaking.

Also what about FOBs? I've heard that there is a whole bunch of cheaters running around with trainers.

Therefore I used a trick so I can't be invaded, also the fact that they can steal your shit while you're offline is just bullshit.

I HAVE BEEN VIOLATED YESTERDAY.

Mission 46. I won't spoil it, but by the end of it you're played for a fool. You could say...

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

I play SP only. Its a Fun Game. But i dont like that you have to play Missions several Times to get all done. All Objectives should be available when you start the Mission the First time.

Overall a good Expirience and a good Port. Konami did surprisingly (if this word exist:P) a good Job.

I play a mix between Stealth and Combat.

And Quiet, damn she´s very hot for a Gathering of Pixels and Polygons.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Multiplayer I have immediately thrown aside and I am no longer connecting to the servers. Better that way, none of that stuff matters at all anyway.

As a Metal gear game, kinda meh honestly. Mainly because the storytelling is crippled due to pacing that comes with an open world approach.

HOWEVER, mechanically it is the best Stealth Action game I can remember playing. Very, very happy with that.

EDIT

Also incredibly annoyed at Quiet, so fucking purile with the stupidest in-game explanation ever. Totally uncalled for.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Yeah pretty much, it wasn't something that I was expecting but I don't mind too much about it.

Nice that they could make a weird twist like that.

Multiplayer I have immediately thrown aside and I am no longer connecting to the servers. Better that way, none of that stuff matters at all anyway.

As a Metal gear game, kinda meh honestly. Mainly because the storytelling is crippled due to pacing that comes with an open world approach.

HOWEVER, mechanically it is the best Stealth Action game I can remember playing. Very, very happy with that.

EDIT

Also incredibly annoyed at Quiet, so fucking purile with the stupidest in-game explanation ever. Totally uncalled for.

Yup, pretty much what I thought, about online elements, I use FOB system but only to get the staff benefits.

Coming from a new player, this story hasn't interested me at all. It basically pushed me away knowing it could be an amazingly realistic steal based game but instead it's some supernatural bullshit that keeps coming in and ruining it.

Also got repetitive like 2 missions in..

Nothing interesting for me :/

Tried the game thinking it was a serious game, then the flying girl with a gas mask came, dude with fireballs, and then zombies with superpowers, it was made damn clear that Japanese people made this game, even the characters look Japanese made, in all the Japanese made games theres a distinct type of character face that is used :P

The game itself is very good, lots of things to do, and fun.

But it's not a MGS. We're far from Sneaker Eater, or even MGS 1. The script is pretty poor compared to them, and the fact that Big Boss is mostly silent is disturbing.

Otherwise, it's a very good game.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I'm not okay with a mostly-silent Snake, but gameplay, it's fun being in their bases, stealing their dudes. Trying to grab all the side missions before progressing on the main road really slows down the unravelling of the narrative.

So far, homichlophobia is a word I voluntarily googled to find.

Also, custom soundtrack + helicopter music... Can't imagine how many of them have been uploaded to YouTube by now.

i have 40 hours into the game and theirs no signs of stopping. my friend is 100 hours in and hasn't beaten it. god im scared for my grades. its such a good game. I rarely finish games (don't know why its just hard for me to be into a game that much) but this one i will. its the best metal gear in terms of game play. true the story telling is a bit lacking but if you take the time to listen to cassette tapes there is a crap ton of story in it. they did that to not bombard people who haven't played a metal gear game with useless crap they don't know. they did it very well in my opinion. good job konami, and i expect that's the last time i will ever say again. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Tried the game thinking it was a serious game, then the flying girl with a gas mask came, dude with fireballs, and then zombies with superpowers, it was made damn clear that Japanese people made this game, even the characters look Japanese made, in all the Japanese made games theres a distinct type of character face that is used :P

its a kojima game, what did you expect. its not just serious bland military shooter. if you know the lore a lot of it makes actual sense.... to a point 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

its a kojima game, what did you expect. its not just serious bland military shooter. if you know the lore a lot of it makes actual sense.... to a point

On the other hand iI think there were too few kojimaisms that left the game feeling bland, it's very clearly an unfinished game and the big twist ruins the entire experience

6.5/10 overall

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The only negative thing i have to say about it is the forced online component, it stopped me from moving out of the FOB missions to the point i had to ALT F4 just to shut the game down, now it wont let me start the game in offline mode and keeps putting me back to the forced FOB mission, i really hate when devs pull crap like this  :angry:

Coming from a new player, this story hasn't interested me at all. It basically pushed me away knowing it could be an amazingly realistic steal based game but instead it's some supernatural bullshit that keeps coming in and ruining it.

Also got repetitive like 2 missions in..

Nothing interesting for me :/

It will get better. When you have your companions and developed some weapons ect. the Infiltrations become much more Fun. But they recycle Locations again and again and again. Thats BS...

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

It will get better. When you have your companions and developed some weapons ect. the Infiltrations become much more Fun. But they recycle Locations again and again and again. Thats BS...

If you don't get me hooked at the start, they don't get another chance unfortunately.

If you don't get me hooked at the start, they don't get another chance unfortunately.

If you aren't MGS fan, then it's hard to get hooked from the start.

As I'm huge fan of MGS, I was hooked right from the first cutscene.

I'm also like that, if the game doesn't feel good from the beginning, the chances are very low that I'd keep playing.

The First hour was so much Fun but after I got to the base and left for a mission I logged off and haven't touched the game in 3 days idk. I hate open world games unless its an MMO but I will force my self to play it for the story, big fan. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

The First hour was so much Fun but after I got to the base and left for a mission I logged off and haven't touched the game in 3 days idk. I hate open world games unless its an MMO but I will force my self to play it for the story, big fan. 

the thing with the game is it doesnt have to be open world if you dont want it to be. you can just return to acc after every mission and just keep going on with them 

Started it over the weekend, ended up putting in about 50 hours over saturday, sunday, and monday, made it to mission 19 i think. This game is stupid amounts of fun.

The options you have and the way everything unfolds differently every time, side missions or even free roam have yet to get old to me because i still have a million new ways i could go at it, and it's different every time. I've been going full nuclear mode for a while now and thats a lot of fun. Getting no alerts with nothing but explosives is a fun way to do missions.

Story wise it's the weakest of the entire franchise. Venom is so damn mute trough out the game it hurts me.

Combat, visuals, sound, voice acting when it happens is all great and I enjoy it a lot but as a metal gear game I'm struggling to love it as much as the older games.

All lol did I read that quite is hot!? Dawg you have not Sen Meryl from mgs 1 and 4 then.

The redhead with a gasmask is a guy lol.

Hint: metal gear solid 1.

The redhead with a gasmask is a guy lol.

Hint: metal gear solid 1.

Is very likely he hasn't played mgs1

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

But if he ever do, he will know whats going on and hopefully be like: ooooooooh I know that sunuvabich.

That was my reaction when I figured it out. :)

I actually don't really like how they made eli and the third child best buddies, it makes the fact that they don't really speak out show any Bond in 1 seem odd

Either way I think our friend over there probably won't be beating v because he doesn't like the supernatural aspect, which really is only in the first hour so I doubt he'll go back to one and get the connections