How to keep room cool?

spwath

My small bedroom with my 2 CCFL monitors, gaming pc, and 500w receiver gets very warm.

What is the best way to keep it cool?

I have a window fan, but doesnt seem to help that much, and I can use it when we have the air conditioning on.

The air conditioning works the least in my bedroom out of all the rooms in the house/

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

A air conditioner, window one

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

A air conditioner, window one

meh, expensive ish.

And, how much electricity do they use?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have a window Air Conditioner. Cools my room to pretty much -20C in about 15minutes.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have a window Air Conditioner. Cools my room to pretty much -20C in about 15minutes.

How much electricity do they use?

Might be a shout to buy a delta fan and point it at your face

He wants to be cool, not deaf 

A low power window AC unit should do the trick without using too much electricity. 

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

My small bedroom with my 2 CCFL monitors, gaming pc, and 500w receiver gets very warm.

What is the best way to keep it cool?

I have a window fan, but doesnt seem to help that much, and I can use it when we have the air conditioning on.

The air conditioning works the least in my bedroom out of all the rooms in the house/

leave the door of your room open

get external water cooling

put the pc in a different room and get longer cables

get better A/C

move setup to a bigger/better room

move to somewhere colder

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

meh, expensive ish.

And, how much electricity do they use?

My window unit uses like... 175 watts.

Might be a shout to buy a delta fan and point it at your face

First I read something along the lines of: "Put it in your face"

Ouch....

But actually I would use one from EBM Papst. One of thise things needs on full speed around 380 watt... :P

How much electricity do they use?

Electricity is essentially free in my country - but if you're responsible and don't use it 24/7 it won't cost that much. We run 4 Window air conditioners (3 are 1hp and 1 is 2hp) in addition to everything else in our 1400sqft house and our Acs are on pretty much whenever we're home and we pay like $200 USD (per 3 month block). 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

He wants to be cool, not deaf 

1400167218.jpeg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

1leave the door of your room open

2get external water cooling

3put the pc in a different room and get longer cables

4get better A/C

5move setup to a bigger/better room

6move to somewhere colder

1 done

2 no

3 not possible

4 well, that would be ideal

5 cant

6 Im already in upstate NY

-snip-

Nice headset, what's your point? 

AC

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Whole room water cooling.

(This is a joke, I loved the project)

Specs:

Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz cooled by Corsair H80i | ASUS Maximus VII Formula |  G.Skill 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 2133 | EVGA 980 Superclocked (Fry) | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro OS Drive | WD Black HDD | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Corsair Vengeance K70 | Logitech G502 Proteus Core

lol @ AMD 8350

Nice headset, what's your point? 

Well I use a tower fan too and I couldn't hear it :P

Even without headset it's not dangerous for your ears.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

1 done

2 no

3 not possible

4 well, that would be ideal

5 cant

6 Im already in upstate NY

you'll have to be warm then

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

You could get a window AC..

..ORRRR you could be unique and buy a 200 watt high velocity inline fan and stick it in your window. 

install an overhead fan

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

Well I use a tower fan too and I couldn't hear it :P

Even without headset it's not dangerous for your ears.

It was a joke, based on the fact Delta Fans are as loud as my tower fan, which is 14" yet they're what, 120mm? 

I know they won't actually deafen you.

(they're legit as loud as my 14" fan which is around 60dB)

/backontrack

You have 3 solutions

-> Fans. Only pushes air of room to you, and your sweat is at work to cool your body down.

-> Inexpensive home made AC unit, which you can use a PC fan, and get a an extension to use your PC PSU to power it.

All you need is a fan, a cooler (actual a cooler box, or Styrofoam ones) a drill bit to cut a circle for the fan and exhaust, and lots of ice.

$_35.JPG

(the above picture shows it done with a normal fan, but you can use a 120mm computer fan)

-> Get an AC unit. No one can answer you the question on how much power it draws, because it depends on the temperature you set it, for how long you turn it on, the size of the room, the power it takes, and how efficient it is. I recommend the portable AC unit. They cost more, but they are easy to move, they are usually quieter than the window one, window ones due to their weight are a serious challenge to install, and might require an outdoor platform to hold the A/C unit, that means drill on the brick wall, all depending on your window thickness, and how heavy the unit is, so that it doesn't fall off outside. So the indoor ones, despite being more expensive, they are on wheels, and, as mentioned, easy to move. Not to mention not have to break your back.. and your legs... and your head.

Without looking for prices, they are around $400. I am sure if you wait for specials you can get it at 300$, which is actually not bad. I mean they usually last long, multiple years, and the convenience is great.

Crappy, loud, non-efficient window A/C units can be bought for $100-$200.

Looks like this:

5a1340feffe25e85.jpg

(the more powerful units have 2 exhausts, but those are more for living room, and other big spaces).

Smaller the room, and the more patience you are in getting cool air, the cheaper the A/C unit will be.