True ergonomic desks

brighttail

I'm not sure if this has been posted on here, but damn, Imagine working with one of these!!

http://www.ergoquest.com/zero-gravity-workstations.html

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

I'm not sure if this has been posted on here, but damn, Imagine working with one of these!!

You might want to read the guidelines about posting in this section.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The lack of standing desk functionality is a deal breaker.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Yeah those function as a desk, I can put my phone on it. My keyboard won't stay in place, nor will my mouse. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

You might want to read the guidelines about posting in this section.

Probably should have expanded. I'm wanting to know if anyone has used or seen any one of these.  I'm asking for a family member who due to medical issues are not able to work at an office in a  normal chair.  I'm wondering if something like this might be a solution. She is only 37 years old and has a long work life ahead of her. 

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

I want on of those damnit. I had an idea for a gaming/work isolation pod that retracts up into the ceiling, with that exact position.

@LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg PLEASE review this. It looks awesome.

Reminds me of this;

-snip

Source: Movie "Grandma's Boy"

I always wanted that chair and monitor setup.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i was typing "there's no point in one of these, i'd rather.." then i went back to the page, imagined me in it and now i'm re-typing.

IMAGINE PLAYING GAMES AND EDITING WHILE ON THIS, SHIT'S GONNA BE SO FUN I WILL NEVER GET OFF.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

i was typing "there's no point in one of these, i'd rather.." then i went back to the page, imagined me in it and now i'm re-typing.

IMAGINE PLAYING GAMES AND EDITING WHILE ON THIS, SHIT'S GONNA BE SO FUN I WILL NEVER GET OFF.

This one looks amazing

All I would need is a mini-fridge next to it.

Looks like something you could easily fall asleep in, and for working that isn't great. Not only are they expensive but they promote laziness. At least that's how they seem to me.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

walle-e-humans-in-the-spaceship.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Looks like something you could easily fall asleep in, and for working that isn't great. Not only are they expensive but they promote laziness. At least that's how they seem to me.

Being uncomfortable makes people work harder, until they snap and go insane.

walle-e-humans-in-the-spaceship.jpg

Sitting or laying down u get fat either way. But this made me laugh :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

This one looks amazing

All I would need is a mini-fridge next to it.

This was the one I had my eye on if I ever had 7k to blow for personal use. For me I fully understand the need for ergonomics, but obviously companies like Linus has couldn't put these in full effect due to the sheer size of these things, but I could see artists, architects and other designers, working from home with long hours at the desk would find one of these useful.

Also remember these rigs don't include the computers, monitors and such.

This was the one I had my eye on if I ever had 7k to blow for personal use. For me I fully understand the need for ergonomics, but obviously companies like Linus has couldn't put these in full effect due to the sheer size of these things, but I could see artists, architects and other designers, working from home with long hours at the desk would find one of these useful.

Also remember these rigs don't include the computers, monitors and such.

I'd buy one for home use, without hesitation.

I'd also buy one for work if I had my own office (and a job). Would love it.

I just can't figure out how the damned mouse stays on.

I am not sure if this is extreme laziness, or not... I mean looking at the video it looks like it takes you 5min to go in and out of the chair/desk contraption. What if you really want to go to the bathroom, emergency level. I don't see it ending well.