Is the Canon 1200d with Canon EFS 24mm lens any good

YT2002

I plan on buying a camera next year and was wondering is this a good bundle. I will be doing youtube videos.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

no...

"just get a 600D"

- kai, digitalrev tv

(seriously, it's worth it.)

A fellow DigitalRev fan! Hallo dar!

Kai says it best when it comes to cameras... and dating advice!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I plan on buying a camera next year and was wondering is this a good bundle. I will be doing youtube videos.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440065-guide-dslr-or-video-camera-work-in-progress/

A 24mm lens on a cropped sensor is approximately a 35mm lens on a full frame camera.  When it comes to taking photos or videos, it is a bit on the wider side.  You're better off starting off with a lens that can zoom a bit.  Filming with a prime lens is going to be a hassle if you do not understand how different focal lengths work.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I also recommend you go for the 600D and if you do prefer prime lenses and the larger aperture for video, then go for a canon 35mm 1.8 or the 50mm 1.8 would be better choice then the 24mm 2.8.

I like Kai and all, but it depends on your budget and I think Kai has a tad bit too biased at some point that I question his credibility.

If you can go for a T3i/4i/5i/whatever i Canon has, go for that.

as a 1200D owner I say 600D>1200D

if you already got the 1200D however, the 24mm might not be a bad choice, but be sure to check out how wide it is(if you purchase it in store) and see if it suits your purpose.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

no...

"just get a 600D"

- kai, digitalrev tv

(seriously, it's worth it.)

^^ I came here to say this. Just get a 600D, it's just better and also a 24mm will actually be 38.4mm equivalent because of Canon's 1.6x crop factor. Also, you should make sure you buy the 24mm f/2.8 STM, especially buy the this specific version if you are doing video, the AF motor is much quieter than previous versions of this lens.

A fellow DigitalRev fan! Hallo dar!

Kai says it best when it comes to cameras... and dating advice!

2 DRTV fans! (I'm a fan as well)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440065-guide-dslr-or-video-camera-work-in-progress/

A 24mm lens on a cropped sensor is approximately a 35mm lens on a full frame camera.  When it comes to taking photos or videos, it is a bit on the wider side.  You're better off starting off with a lens that can zoom a bit.  Filming with a prime lens is going to be a hassle if you do not understand how different focal lengths work.

38.4 to be exact because Canon crop sensors are 1.6x smaller not 1.5x like other normal companies.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Also, you should make sure you buy the 24mm f/2.8 STM, especially buy the this specific version if you are doing video, the AF motor is much quieter than previous versions of this lens.

A good tip, but the 600D doesn't have live AF while recording, and the way it brightens up the footage when you halfpress the shutter button and auto focusing kind of makes it distracting anyway, but still get an STM!! Bad audio is worse than bad video!

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons