Am i only one who wont see Xbox one as a game console?

M-ursu

I see Xbox one as a media center, not as game console like most of peapoles see it.

I think that PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 are game consoles.

I want to hear your opinion about this.

People will buy it because it plays games. It has it's own exclusives and will be used for the primary function of playing games, while being able to perform functions of a media center. When they resigned it, they did not remove the core of it; in that it is a machine made to play games, but they tacked some additional features on.

I'm willing to bet most people will forget it can even do half the crap it can do. It will be used virtually no more differently than an Xbox 360. The whole DVR box thing will blow over soon. 

Error: 410

The question is, would it be cheaper to build a media PC that can play AAA games or buy an xbox one.

I love eating mice and I'm scared of dogs. So just like a cat. Well. What'd you expect?

I can see it as a family entertainment system. It does a lot of things, none of them well.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Seriously, you see the ps4 as a console but not the xb1?

They do the exact same thing. 

You can even rent movies, tv shows, and music from the current gen consoles. How are those consoles but not media centre's?

Plus this is a good thing. It should be able to do more than just play games otherwise it is going to be left behind. Having those extra features help out. What is wrong with it having more functionality?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Linda Like an "argument" me and My friend had about volkswagens dsg gearbox, he said that it isn't an automatic gearbox, and I said to him that it isn't a automatic, because it doesn't Work Like the more traditional at gearbox ? So in My opinion xb1 is Still a Game console

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Well this is dumb...

Just because the xbox one can do MORE than just  gaming, it doesnt make it a media center. It can do gaming and it can do media center stuff,i see no problem with it. You can call it a multimedia center whereas the PS4 is mainly focused in gaming.

But the fact that the Xbox can do media center type stuff, doesnt take anything away from the gaming type stuff it can do

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

This is like saying a PC specifically built to play games isn't a gaming PC because it can do other things.

Linda Like an "argument" me and My friend had about volkswagens dsg gearbox, he said that it isn't an automatic gearbox, and I said to him that it isn't a automatic, because it doesn't Work Like the more traditional at gearbox ? So in My opinion xb1 is Still a Game console

That was not confusing at all.

That was not confusing at all.

Yeah totally not, but i hope someone understood. I Hate typing With phones

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Defo agree mate. I think that Microsoft have moved more away from the gaming side and moved instead towards dominating people's homes.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I would call it an Entertainment system. Same goes for the PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360. PS3 and Xbox 360 have added a few Media features that aren't Gaming-centric (Netflix, etc).

How each system defines "Entertainment" is up to the system. Gaming is one of many forms of entertainment. Xbox one can still play games (perhaps well enough to satisfy the average gamer), but it's less of a focus.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I see it as an AIO, It can do many more tasks other than gaming but it's still viable for gaming just as well as the PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360. It won't be worse than the PS4 performance-wise but it isn't focused on gaming like last-gen consoles rather as an AIO like I said before.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

i just think its a little bigger than a vcr. other than that i don`t care about it. such a big fail

I will call it an entertainment system.

To me, I will call a console a gaming system if I feel it takes advantage of the most powerful technology available to it for its price point and seems designed primarily around gaming. With the Xbox One it is a known fact that the console's gaming capabilities were restricted owing to Microsoft's desire to include additional functionality such as Kinect and TV integration.

If the console simply has tacked-on features which take advantage of the console's power, I'll consider it a gaming console. If the console is designed around those features and its gaming capacity is reduced as a result, I'll consider it an entertainment system.

There's a big difference.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, from day one Microsoft always wanted Xbox to be this all in one machine that was under every television in the countries they care about. They want to have a slice in all of the pies they possibly can. It's how Sony and Microsoft got in the industry, they saw it was popular and they wanted some of that money it made.