Installing 2nd OS in over-provisioned SSD space?

Delicieuxz

I have Win7 64 installed on an SSD, and I'd like to install Vista on the same SSD in its free space, without doing anything to the files already on the SSD. I have plenty of free space, but if I enter the Vista installer, I can't partition the SSD without first erasing the existing single partition, which Win7 is installed on. However, the over-provisioned space which was made using Samsung Magician in Windows 7 shows up in the Vista installer as a separate partition.

Do you think it would be safe to install Vista to this over-partitioned space, or would this screw up something? I'm guessing whatever goes in the over-provisioned space would get over-written as I use the Win7 boot.

Is there a good app to create a new partition using the free space on my system SSD without deleting the existing partition, or losing files?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I don't see any reason I'd not want to install Vista to an SSD. The same things need to be disabled in Win 7 when running on an SSD - disk defrag, page file, superfetch. I also don't have a HDD that is empty, so I'd still be in the same situation of needing to get a new partition on an already-partitioned storage device.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987