Premier CC tips?

Beeeyeee

Hello all, i've begun my content creation career and i've been making videos for about a month now, i'm finally used to the basic workflow of adobe premier cc, but I was wondering if anyone has some basic tips for me? anything would help, basically anything to maximize workflow and stuff:)

I have a few other questions as well

1. using the NZXT CAM software, I can see when rendering a video with the basic h.264 1080p 60fps,it only uses the CPU, and I hear that rendering using a GPU is much faster, how would I do that?

2. How do I upscale my videos from 1080p to 4k? I hear Linus does it and I use DSR for my gameplay so I'm curious how I could Use this to my advantage. 

3. WHY IS THERE A SUBSCRIPTION FEE???? AHHHHH

4. how does RAM contribute? mine doesnt even reach 50% while rendering with a bunch of programs open

EDIT: here's my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vf6NhM

1. When you create a project select "Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration"

2. When you go to render your video simply change the render settings manually to 3840x2160 and use a constant bitrate of like 10mbs.

3. Cause, with previous versions you'd buy it once for a lot of money and only get that version and it's features. Now you get all the new features as then come out.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

2. When you go to render your video simply change the render settings manually to 3840x2160 and use a constant bitrate of like 10mbs.

3. Cause, with previous versions you'd buy it once for a lot of money and only get that version and it's features. Now you get all the new features as then come out.

can you explain bitrate and what it means to me? I don't understand it at all.

can you explain bitrate and what it means to me? I don't understand it at all.

Really quickly what are your specs? and bitrate is in the most basic sense relates to compression, the lower the bitrate you choose- like 1-3mbs you're gonna get some pretty eh footage, with poor color and a lot of artifacting, however when you start to step it up closer to 10 and up it'll look better. If you're uploading to a platform like Youtube, you have no need to set your bitrate to anything higher than 12mbs. Youtube will compress the video itself and choosing a bitrate between 8-12 will also keep you with a smaller file size than something ridiculously high like 20-80mbs.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Really quickly what are your specs? and bitrate is in the most basic sense relates to compression, the lower the bitrate you choose- like 1-3mbs you're gonna get some pretty eh footage, with poor color and a lot of artifacting, however when you start to step it up closer to 10 and up it'll look better. If you're uploading to a platform like Youtube, you have no need to set your bitrate to anything higher than 12mbs. Youtube will compress the video itself and choosing a bitrate between 8-12 will also keep you with a smaller file size than something ridiculously high like 20-80mbs.

I edited the main post with my build. but thanks for the info. so could I upload at 12 and hope for the best?

It actually upscales and generates more pixels like Red Giant's Instant4K?

I edited the main post with my build. but thanks for the info. so could I upload at 12 and hope for the best?

Yeah, it'll allow you to upload much faster and with your beastly PC you'll blow through renders.

Yeah, it'll allow you to upload much faster and with your beastly PC you'll blow through renders.

so i've tried changing the renderer to the GPU acceleration and it still won't render with it. is it because of h.264? also, if I render and change the resolution to 4k it just outputs a completely black video.