Windows 10 or Windows 8.1?

NInety

Oh my gosh, you are paranoid af. But this is going nowhere so you stick with shitty linux and I'll stick with Win 10 and the awesome games being developed for it.

I'm not paranoid. I just know the facts. and i will stick to my linux, and not give all my passwords and EVERYTHING I TYPE to microsoft to hand out to advertisers.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I'm not paranoid. I just know the facts. and i will stick to my linux, and not give all my passwords and EVERYTHING I TYPE to microsoft to hand out to advertisers.

R U FUCKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are paranoid because Microsoft uses the data they gather from you to advertisers in the Microsoft Store! Nobody uses the Microsoft store ever!

Brah, do you even Java?

R U FUCKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are paranoid because Microsoft uses the data they gather from you to advertisers in the Microsoft Store! Nobody uses the Microsoft store ever!

Didi I mention the Microsoft store?!?!?! No?!?! I didn't think so! 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Didi I mention the Microsoft store?!?!?! No?!?! I didn't think so! 

The Microsoft store is the only place where they have control over advertising. So there is no where else they can do with that info and the info is to not go outside of the Microsoft Servers unless they have your permission and even then it's marked as anonymous so your privacy is protected. Also, enough is enough, I have work to do and everybody has their own opinion. So are little debate is over, no one won, nobody lost. It's just what we want to use. So you can take the low road and I'll take the high road.

Brah, do you even Java?

The Microsoft store is the only place where they have control over advertising. So there is no where else they can do with that info and the info is to not go outside of the Microsoft Servers unless they have your permission and even then it's marked as anonymous so your privacy is protected.

I'm not talking about microsoft controlling the ads. I'm talking about microsoft key logging your computer (no, that isn't just in the technical preview) as well as accessing your browsing history, and your files, (even locally stored ones), and not only having control of it themselves, but also selling it to advertisers and other companies.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I know that, I was referring more to Apple's and Google's privacy rules, and those are companies that have products that are used more often than desktop computers running Windows 10, but I'll leave this "theory" alone now, I suppose mobile device users are also bound to these privacy intrusions and they don't seem to care because the mobile market just keeps growing and constant desktop Windows 10 users seem to care, I wonder why...

I think it's because people are constantly on the move where people on the desktop think that what's on their computer is on their computer until it's uploaded.

Brah, do you even Java?

The Microsoft store is the only place where they have control over advertising. So there is no where else they can do with that info and the info is to not go outside of the Microsoft Servers unless they have your permission and even then it's marked as anonymous so your privacy is protected. Also, enough is enough, I have work to do and everybody has their own opinion. So are little debate is over, no one won, nobody lost. It's just what we want to use. So you can take the low road and I'll take the high road.

Dude, you missing the point. Microsoft uses the data collected by you to sell to marketing agencies who then bombard you with unwanted ads. Yes, other companies other doing it but it doesn't make Microsoft right to do it especially when they don't fully disclose that certain things are going on like redirecting your Hosts file to Microsoft servers or making forced updates in Windows 8.1 where the only choice you have to prevent being spied on is to turn off updated entirely. The only reason they don't go full force on Windows 8.1 and 7 is because they're paid OS so people are more likely to sue them if they keep it up that's why they want everyone to upgrade to 10 because it's free and so they feel like that you get something for free and they can something far more valuable, your privacy.

The OP should upgrade to 10 but follow all the privacy security measures mentioned in this post. Block all IP's coming from Microsoft (and even hiding as other companies), uninstall certain updates, and hack the registry.

Get MSDOS. No telemetry data collecting which some people think they are spying to collect your passwords, track you, make a profile on you and give it free access to it to NSA.

MSDOS is lightweight... so light weight, that games have to be coded at near most lowest level. No DirectX, no OpenGL. We go back with the good old DCI and WinG APIs. No fancy GUI, no nothing. Maximum performance. And no viruses to worry about.

Even Ubuntu tracks you, and it is a question of time that other distros put telemetry data collecting. Byt using something aged old proven to not have any tracking, you know you are safe.

Oh and with MSDOS, programs that collects information way more than Windows 10, such as Chrome, doesn't work. So you are nicely protected.