Assetto Corsa or Project Cars

Grabster3d

I only have money for one of these games, and I am wondering which one I should get. What are the pros and cons of each?

Project Cars

All the way.

Its a tough choice. I own both, Pcars looks better, but asseto feels more realistic and also has good modding community. If you play with a wheel and want more realism I say go for Asseto.  You cant go wrong with either

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

Project Cars, since the car and track variety is slightly better than AC, though not as accurate because of the lack of laser scanning. On the one hand, PC has free community cars every now and then but on the other hand, the sum of all the DLC for each game amounts to ~25% of the full game price (5+1 packs for PC, 1 for AC).

As for modding, AC's community is very mature right now with several big name studios releasing highly detailed cars, such as the Formula Renault cars. PCars is only just starting, with only really one car in the works atm (both games have provisions for custom liveries).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

For me, Assetto Corsa feels a hell of a lot better the Pcars.

CPU: Intel 4930k @ 4.2Ghz  MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition  RAM: 32GB 2400MHz G-Skill  GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti  Case: NZXT Phantom 630 White  Storage: OS: 120GB Intel 520 SSD Games: 240GB Asus RAIDR PCI-E Storage: 2TB WD SATA  PSU: Corsair 1000W RM Gold Modular  Display: 1x Acer Predator XB240H & 1x 24" Asus VE247H LED  Cooling: CPU: Corsair H100i Liquid Case: Noctua NF-A14 140mm  OS: Win7 Pro

Pcars is more like Grand Turismo or Forza games. Almost simulators but not quite. AC is full on simulator.

Pcars is prettier and it has a better singelplayer component. AC is very good fun for hot lapping.

AC has a good modding support and lots of mods.

I've not gotten Pcars because of their Physx shenanigans. And that I have an AMD card. I don't know if they have changed the code but I don't care. They have lost my business.

And the next sim game that I'm looking is DIRT Rally anyway.

Assetto corsa is a hotlap simulator and project cars has strange handling.

Take your pick.

I own both.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000