Seriously help. I can be kicked form job!

Hi, in our job we are using a program. I install one program which i thinked was an update but it was demo of the program we are using. You get this program when you call them or something else. But no one answering a telephones or e-mails so i need to reinstall it but I didn´t have an install program or else. I´m as administrator so help quickly. please, PLEASE.

Call IT and have them install it. I highly doubt they'd fire you for needing to call IT -- that's literally the reason IT exists.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

You won't lose your job over it, whatever it may entail.

The only thing you might lose your job is your use of "thinked" :P

You won't lose your job ovre it, whatever it may entail.

The only thing you might lose your job is your use of "thinked" :P

Call IT and have them install it. I highly doubt they'd fire you for needing to call IT -- that's literally the reason IT exists.

You didn´t know what I´m saying. I´m an IT! I come here to install that program.

You didn´t know what I´m saying. I´m an IT! I come here to install that program.

So then you're new to the IT department, and/or you're dealing with a new program in which case they still wouldn't fire you for asking where the installer is located.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Talk it through with your superior, he or she is responsible for your actions at the end of the day.

If you don't have the installer and the people who can install it aren't responding then you are doing all you can. Right?

No offence, but what's the point of an IT department if they aren't told where the install files for programs are? What exact program is this and how did you install it the first time?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They olňnly give me the URL. THhat´s all. And i click wrong button an install an demo not an update which must be installed throught program but full not demo.

They olňnly give me the URL. THhat´s all. And i click wrong button an install an demo not an update which must be installed throught program but full not demo.

So what you're saying is that the demo has overwritten the actual program and now you can't use the program?

So what you're saying is that the demo has overwritten the actual program and now you can't use the program?

yes.

No offence, but what's the point of an IT department if they aren't told where the install files for programs are? What exact program is this and how did you install it the first time?

As someone who has done some work in an IT department of a corporation, their file storage system is often a clusterfuck. There were different programs all over the place, which often make it a bit complicated to find certain programs if you happened to forget where exactly it's stored.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes and for some reason I don't understand how that could have happened

As someone who has done some work in an IT department of a corporation, their file storage system is often a clusterfuck. There were different programs all over the place, which often make it a bit complicated to find certain programs if you happened to forget where exactly it's stored.

fair enough, but then it's not his fault is it? why would he get fired for that?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes and for some reason I don't understand how that could have happened

It happend.

fair enough, but then it's not his fault is it? why would he get fired for that?

He wouldn't, it's completely normal to ask your supervisor for help -- as long as you're capable of getting most things done on your own (i.e. your super isn't doing your work for you).

I was interning over the summer in an IT department, and the guy I was working with had been there for over three years and still went up to the head of the department to ask basic questions like that.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes is my fault. But I wanna repair what i´ve done.

Either the program is free, which means the installer for the actual program is easily accessible, or it's paid software and you need to get the installer/code from a supervisor/colleague.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

why is it your fault if you weren't told where the file is? and if you don't know where it is and can't get a new copy, the only way to do ANY progress is to ask someone where it is. There is no other way.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Get help from a senior before you need to create another thread on this forum.

I am not trolling.

And you wont lose your job for this silly mistake

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

Get help from a senior before you need to create another thread on this forum.

I am not trolling.

And you wont lose your job for this silly mistake

But if no one answering? In my country is 16:03. And tomorrow is free day for everyone.

But if no one answering? In my country is 16:03. And tomorrow is free day for everyone.

Walk into you supervisor's office?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

If it's that urgent you should try to get direct number to the concerned person or wait till day after tomorrow

Walk into you supervisor's office?

Off topic- are you using dark theme? check your signature on light theme  :ph34r:

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

If it's that urgent you should try to get direct number to the concerned person or wait till day after tomorrow

Off topic- are you using dark theme? check your signature on light theme  :ph34r:

Day theme is for plebs.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler