Can we start calling windows 10-

Syntaxvgm

Shouldn't it be called ms x glass, since apple has os x el capitan (the worst name for an os ever..)?

El Capitan is a reference to a real and nice place...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

So what would I say if I had Vista or another version Windows?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Shouldn't it be called ms x glass, since apple has os x el capitan (the worst name for an os ever..)? 

glass might be nice reference back to windows and the whole data mining thing.

well, your choice afterall, wouldnt say i would like to be stuck on vista.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

lie; never let anyone know you use Vista

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

lie; never let anyone know you use Vista

And why is that?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Because it was horrible.

It was, until service pack 2. Just like Windows 7 was horrible until Service Pack 1, XP until service pack 2, and Windows 8 until service pack 1 (Win 8.1). Microsoft also isn't at fault for OEM installing it with only 512MB or 1GB RAM.

PMSL

It was, until service pack 2. Just like Windows 7 was horrible until Service Pack 1, XP until service pack 2, and Windows 8 until service pack 1 (Win 8.1). Microsoft also isn't at fault for OEM installing it with only 512MB or 1GB RAM.

you have to admit, Microsoft was brilliant in their long term strategy.  Think back to the days just before Vista... everyone had XP, most people were on machines that they bought when XP was new, and this meant old P4s, 256 or 512 MB of RAM, old GPUs, small, slow HDs, 1024 x 768 LCDs or even a CRT.  "How can we ensure people get a good experience with our new OS?" they think to themselves... "especially with everyone on this crap hardware!"

Simple.  Bring out a bloated piece of crap that forces everyone to go out and buy Core 2 Duo/Quads, 1680x1050 LCDs, etc. (essentially a major total system upgrade) and let it take the blame for anything that goes wrong (needing an upgrade to run it, being slow and or buggy, etc.)

Then, once everyone is on sweet machines again, bring out what you really wanted to, and let everyone bask in how amazing it is!  "Wow, it runs on the same hardware and is better in every way" they all say.  Of course it is... just as they always planned :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

you have to admit, Microsoft was brilliant in their long term strategy.  Think back to the days just before Vista... everyone had XP, most people were on machines that they bought when XP was new, and this meant old P4s, 256 or 512 MB of RAM, old GPUs, small, slow HDs, 1024 x 768 LCDs or even a CRT.  "How can we ensure people get a good experience with our new OS?" they think to themselves... "especially with everyone on this crap hardware!"

Simple.  Bring out a bloated piece of crap that forces everyone to go out and buy Core 2 Duo/Quads, 1680x1050 LCDs, etc. (essentially a major total system upgrade) and let it take the blame for anything that goes wrong (needing an upgrade to run it, being slow and or buggy, etc.)

Then, once everyone is on sweet machines again, bring out what you really wanted to, and let everyone bask in how amazing it is!  "Wow, it runs on the same hardware and is better in every way" they all say.  Of course it is... just as they always planned :D

Windows Vista isn't bloated. The 32bit version uses around 480MB after a fresh install, and every single version of Windows afterwards consumes more RAM while also being harder on the CPU (BTW, Pentium 4 always have been and always will be shit, 1024x768 CRT were just fine, Windows Vista decays just as fast on HDD as Windows 7 and XP). I can run Vista just fine with my Pentium III EB1000, 2GB SDRAM (all from the same batch, serial numbers sequential, binned at 160MHz without heatspreaders) and Geforce FX5500 (aftermarket cooler and vRAM heatsinks) with my Spinpoint SV2001H 20GB HDD (the 5400RPM model, I have a 7200RPM SP but its connector is damaged and needs some repairs), I had a 500GB RAID 0 array for files and programs (which actually helps with boot times on all Windows versions, XP takes a lot longer to decay with programs installed on a separate HDD).

PMSL

Windows Vista isn't bloated. The 32bit version uses around 480MB after a fresh install, and every single version of Windows afterwards consumes more RAM while also being harder on the CPU (BTW, Pentium 4 always have been and always will be shit, 1024x768 CRT were just fine, Windows Vista decays just as fast on HDD as Windows 7 and XP). I can run Vista just fine with my Pentium III EB1000, 2GB SDRAM (all from the same batch, serial numbers sequential, binned at 160MHz without heatspreaders) and Geforce FX5500 (aftermarket cooler and vRAM heatsinks) with my Spinpoint SV2001H 20GB HDD (the 5400RPM model, I have a 7200RPM SP but its connector is damaged and needs some repairs), I had a 500GB RAID 0 array for files and programs (which actually helps with boot times on all Windows versions, XP takes a lot longer to decay with programs installed on a separate HDD).

The reason people says vista sucks is because it was far ahead of the hardware at the time.

At the time hardware wasn't powerful enough to run it super well. So basically you should complement it for being ahead of its time.

The reason people says vista sucks is because it was far ahead of the hardware at the time.

At the time hardware wasn't powerful enough to run it super well. So basically you should complement it for being ahead of its time.

Thing is, I've got a computer with most of its parts from 1999-2001 and it runs it just fine.....(granted it would have been expensive AF back then).

PMSL

You know what we call that? horrible optimization.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

'MSX' to fuck with all of the mac people? I mean it's supposed to be long term anyway. 

Just a thought. 

No! This is absolute bull shit. Its called "Windows 10" and so it is Windows 10.

'

If you call is MSX then go leave the PC Master Race and buy a mac.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Vista finally removed the last of MS DOS's tentacles with its new Kernel, and since none of the succeeding versions of Windows are any lighter on hardware, you could say that all versions of Windows are poorly optimized.

No! This is absolute bull shit. Its called "Windows 10" and so it is Windows 10.

'

The X stands for 10. OSX is actually supposed to be called OS 10.

PMSL

Changed the slogan a bit and added a `glass` as suggested a few posts back to see how it worked out.

and yes I have added a version number, completely in my attempt to clone the apple style.

post-54592-0-55704700-1447833971_thumb.j

'

I got both MSX and OSX, but just think of this MSX thing being just something like the whole "apple wave" thingy, which could "charge" your phone in the microwave.

Just a inside joke for the tech community, which can fuck up alot of normal people.

When it's expected to run on such wildly varying hardware. Some of which should be considered wholly unreasonable to ask. Don't be surprised optimisation never always works. Optimisation always works best when everyone has same or similar hardware...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

When it's expected to run on such wildly varying hardware. Some of which should be considered wholly unreasonable to ask. Don't be surprised optimisation never always works. Optimisation always works best when everyone has same or similar hardware...

And some people tried to upgrade from machines that were perfect for a light OS such as XP (sub 80MB RAM usage after a re-install, runs fine on a Celeron 300A with 128MB RAM and a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro with 8MB vRAM), but not for more advanced OS. Vista (in my experience) needs at least 1.5GB RAM, a 7200RPM HDD and a CPU no slower than a Pentium M @ 1.7GHz+Intel GMA 910/Dual Pentium III EB1000. (Forget the Celeron-their lack of speed-step alone cripples battery life, and the computer when the FSB is lowered down to below 100MHz to save power).

PMSL

I refuse to let this confuse me with the OSX running on my MacBook ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I refuse to let this confuse me with the OSX running on my MacBook ;)

aint that confusing, dont worry ;)

got one myself so i know what i say

trick to remember:

MSX: Microsoft shit

OSX: Other shit

linux: Late Intelligent not unique