Xbox One unboxing vid reveals Chat headset now included

Microsoft unXboxed the Xbox One in a new video this morning, showcasing everything that's bundled in the console's Day One Edition, which we now know includes the Xbox One Chat headset. The company previously said the Xbox One would not include a pack-in headset, but in today's video Microsoft's Major Nelson said both the Day One and Standard Editions do come with the accessory.

Specific to the Day One bundle are a commemorative controller with a chrome D-pad in lieu of the Standard Edition's regular controller, special packaging, and a code for a Day One achievement, should you want to get cracking ASAP on the new Gs. The Standard and Day One bundles, which share a price of $500, both include the new Kinect, HDMI cable, power supply, and Quick Start guide - oh, and the console ... nearly forgot that One.

Microsoft has yet to pin a date on the Xbox One, but we know it's due in November. Its rival in the shiny new console race, the PS4, has an even wider window of "this holiday."

Source:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/08/xbox-one-unboxing-vid/

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Beat me to it...I was literally about to post this too...had the url copied and waiting to be pasted. Oh well.

Anyways...coolio. So hopefully the Xbox One will getting some 4K content.

COMIC SANS

This is fantastic! Now more kids can scream down the mic.

Don't worry, Microsoft will charge $45/year for mic privileges, along with the $60 a year for the ability to use other paid services such as Netflix and then probably charge an additional fee for the cost of sending your data to the NSA.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

4K HDMI cable was mentioned.

They are joking right? I mean, it'd work for video, but not for gaming obviously.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Don't worry, Microsoft will charge $45/year for mic privileges, along with the $60 a year for the ability to use other paid services such as Netflix and then probably charge an additional fee for the cost of sending your data to the NSA.

PS Fanboy?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

PS Fanboy?

No. Someone who is used to M$'s crap, and accordingly knows what to expect.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

4K HDMI cable was mentioned.

They are joking right? I mean, it'd work for video, but not for gaming obviously.

We know that, but the Xboners won't know that.

I'm betting all the money that they're expecting 4K games now. 

COMIC SANS

We know that, but the Xboners won't know that.

I'm betting all the money that they're expecting 4K games now. 

If I ever saw a safe bet, it'd be that one.

† Christian Member †

PS Fanboy?

No, sorry.  Just an educated consumer!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

"Now look at what we have done for the power button, this is cool"..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Its a touch sensitive button..... Is anyone impressed by a touch button anymore. It was a old and 'meh' feature when the PS3 had it on their 60GB launch machine. I was not at all hyped for Xbone. And I can't help but be cynical about it all. 

"First out of the box we have..... THE NSA SPONSERED..... KINECT Spy Cam, For your living and bedroom needs everywhere" :P

I'm not impressed at all with the included "headset" Its clearly dog. And why is it included when the kinect is included and has a microphone on it too. Is it needed?

Have they addressed or spoken about the voice commands actually working yet? EG, The joke of if you are watching a stream and the caster says "Xbox Off". Is that going to turn the system off for any viewers watching the stream. Are the voice commands going to work with people from Wales, Liverpool, Scotland, China, infact do they work in multiple languages??

This is fantastic! Now more kids can scream down the mic.

This could not be more true, there is always that mouth breathing foul mouthed 12 year old there to spoil my gaming experience when I use a console ( which is once in a blue moon)

So there is a mic included?

They've been saying no since the announcement.

Again, why is Microsoft so out of sync with itself? I wouldn't be surprised if the launch of the console would be horrendous because of terrible planning and communication.

I can't wait to pick mine up on day one! I think in a year or so I'll get the PS4 ( Most likely the PS Vita and PS4 bundle ) because both have great exclusives and both have pro's and con's to them.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Just noticed this from the comments

stefan björk 1 second ago

Bhahaha look at the warning sticker in the front close near drive. Just like 360 crapbox one will rape your discs if you move it. Hah pathetic m$ didnt fix shit you xbox turds suck hard soooo lamee.

The sticker is still there.... :lol:

Ignore the hate, but its funny the sticker is still there....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Why exactly would the XBox One need a 4K rated HDMI cable. It's not like it can handle any 4K games. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Why exactly would the XBox One need a 4K rated HDMI cable. It's not like it can handle any 4K games. 

Because....its 4k! and 4k HDMI cable sounds better than just HDMI cable!

Trying to get into the heads of the majority of consumers!

Also I'm got to say, that console is fat.....after seeing it in this video, It look big at the reveal but damm....its massive..

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

It can! They said the new gen consoles are better than a than a high end gaming PC Kappa.png I BELIEVE Kappa.png

/sarcasm on (cause haters gonna hate)

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Omg a 4k cable! A sticker!

YEH! total game changer man....

Yay a shitty uncomfortable headset. not that i care since i'm building a pc anyways.

YEH! total game changer man....

At every turn they show how ridiculous consoles are and who they are aimed at.

At every turn they show how ridiculous consoles are and who they are aimed at.

Who doesn't want a single, very small sticker though?

They also get a "special" controller with day one on it, to prove that they where stupid enough to get the launch console and then suffer the inevitable issues in the months after (PS4 will have its share of issues as-well to not sound fan boy ish)