iPhone 6S Rumoured Specs

Germshroom

what a shock every one is slating the iphone even though most have never really used an iphone. its pointless trying to compare the iphone to any android phone based purely on specs.  the fact is ios is designed to work only with iphone unlike android that must work on 100s of devices. you only need to look at the RAM and how the iphone has been fine for years on just 1 gig.  wait till the phone is out and see how it does.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

what a shock every one is slating the iphone even though most have never really used an iphone. its pointless trying to compare the iphone to any android phone based purely on specs.  the fact is ios is designed to work only with iphone unlike android that must work on 100s of devices. you only need to look at the RAM and how the iphone has been fine for years on just 1 gig.  wait till the phone is out and see how it does.

I simply slag it for the simple fact that the changes (apart from the design) are only incremental. Heck, Apple is well know for holding back something just so they can sell the next product with the removed feature. (Case and point the iPad 1. It has the position for the camera but it was never installed, instead being saved for the iPad 2).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I simply slag it for the simple fact that the changes (apart from the design) are only incremental. Heck, Apple is well know for holding back something just so they can sell the next product with the removed feature. (Case and point the iPad 1. It has the position for the camera but it was never installed, instead being saved for the iPad 2).

yeah because no one else does that do they *cough* smasung

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yeah because no one else does that do they *cough* smasung

Straight up. Apple started it, and other manufacturers followed suit because it worked for Apple. Ask yourself this. Why would you upgrade to a new iPhone every year? Most people can't actually answer that.

PMSL

(Double post) 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

First: You dont have to be so hostile. I was agreeing with you. Second: I'm not sure what these companies apps are supposed to be doing with their apps running in the background but I removed as much stuff as I could and quite frankly when I usage it a lot in a day, I still have plenty of juice left. 

It's not like I bought it in China, It's sold locally and as such they have to respect local laws. Most of the smartphones are made by chinese or at least asian companies.

http://www.androidcentral.com/alcatel-onetouch-idol-3-review

Your right on this, I thought you were talking about some sort of counterfeit phone. Apologies about my temper, I get a bit moody in weekends.

Pascal laptops guide

No LED flash but screen will go bright white.

Hang on a second... Did I really just read that... That's ridiculous. How do I make pictures in the dark then? A screen won't light the back camera, will it? And what if I want to see what I'm doing in the dark? I don't always want to use my screen for that...

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Hang on a second... Did I really just read that... That's ridiculous. How do I make pictures in the dark then? A screen won't light the back camera, will it? And what if I want to see what I'm doing in the dark? I don't always want to use my screen for that...

a flash will finally be added for selfies shots to allow you to take photos of your gurning mug when in a cave (or any other dark places you like to hang out).

However it won't be an LED flash adorning the front of the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus - instead Apple will apparently use the display to show a bright white screen when the camera button is pressed, bathing your face in light while the photo is taken.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

a flash will finally be added for selfies shots to allow you to take photos of your gurning mug when in a cave (or any other dark places you like to hang out).

However it won't be an LED flash adorning the front of the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus - instead Apple will apparently use the display to show a bright white screen when the camera button is pressed, bathing your face in light while the photo is taken.

So there will still be a normal back flash? Then it's fine.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

So there will still be a normal back flash? Then it's fine.

Yes, rear flash will still be there.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

A lot of smartphones have gone that way unfortunately. Most older phones-some which can even be called early smartphones or the ancestors of them-with a camera also have a flash (with my phone it even has a small selfie mirror on it which is protected by the slide cover)

PMSL

My shitty chinese smartphone that costs 250$ has a 2910 mAh battery. You're saying a phone sold for 3 times the price doesnt do better?

That's like saying "My car is better because it has 1000 liter gas tank, and yours has only 500 liters!" But if your car uses twice the fuel, you aren't going to get any further.

That's like saying "My car is better because it has 1000 liter gas tank, and yours has only 500 liters!" But if your car uses twice the fuel, you aren't going to get any further.

The phone he is talking about (one touch idol 3) actually had good batter life. Even guys like the verge liked it, that alone is a impressive feat.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/27/8499583/alcatel-onetouch-idol-3-review

Pascal laptops guide

The phone he is talking about (one touch idol 3) actually had good batter life. Even guys like the verge liked it, that alone is a impressive feat.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/27/8499583/alcatel-onetouch-idol-3-review

Wasn't saying that it has bad battery life, but rather comparing phones by mAh alone doesn't tell the whole story about battery life.

My shitty chinese smartphone that costs 250$ has a 2910 mAh battery. You're saying a phone sold for 3 times the price doesnt do better?

My shitty Japanese Honda gets 30+ MPG and cost Less than 20k new. You're saying a Ferrari that sells for 20 times the price doesn't do better? 

Your logic is stupid. 

Wasn't saying that it has bad battery life, but rather comparing phones by mAh alone doesn't tell the whole story about battery life.

Of course that is established.

Pascal laptops guide

I vote for 2GB, they already did this with the iPad Air 2.

The ipad air 2 has 3gb of RAM. At the moment its the only device to support split screen in ios 9 (i'm a beta user) and it does make a difference. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The ipad air 2 has 3gb of RAM. At the moment its the only device to support split screen in ios 9 (i'm a beta user) and it does make a difference.

No, it has 2GB, but that's still twice as much as any other iOS device.

No, it has 2GB, but that's still twice as much as any other iOS device.

Sorry my mistake. Getting confused with cores. The iPad Air 2 was the first tri-core device. But my point about split screen still stands. I expect if there's any desire to implement this into the 6s+ too as it has a landscape mode, it will need the additional RAM.
Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Straight up. Apple started it, and other manufacturers followed suit because it worked for Apple. Ask yourself this. Why would you upgrade to a new iPhone every year? Most people can't actually answer that.

no they didnt. companies have been doing it for years. in every sector, from tvs to cars to phones. In the phone market nokia did this long before apple made a phone. the 4s brought a new camera, not enough for me but for others ...the 5s brought touch id the 6s looks like its bringing force touch and if i wasnt locked into a 2 year deal i would upgrade noe and would have upgraded to the 5s. shit if i wasnt trying to move house i probably would upgrade regardless of the contract.  i see where your going "derp you dont need a new mobile every 12 months" newsflash you dont "need" a mobile phone at all....its a luxury item therefore its a want not need.

Apple started it?! Hell no. Planned obsolescence has been a business strategy since the 18th century.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

no they didnt. companies have been doing it for years. in every sector, from tvs to cars to phones. In the phone market nokia did this long before apple made a phone. the 4s brought a new camera, not enough for me but for others ...the 5s brought touch id the 6s looks like its bringing force touch and if i wasnt locked into a 2 year deal i would upgrade noe and would have upgraded to the 5s. shit if i wasnt trying to move house i probably would upgrade regardless of the contract. i see where your going "derp you dont need a new mobile every 12 months" newsflash you dont "need" a mobile phone at all....its a luxury item therefore its a want not need.

I'd argue mobile phones in this decade are a necessity for those wanting to be successful and efficient. That said, smart phones are very much a luxury.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Apple started it?! Hell no. Planned obsolescence has been a business strategy since the 18th century.

Apple's current flavour with the marketing as well.....I know its been around for a long time (and planned obsolesence didn't actually kick into full gear until around the 70's, which around the time when the overall quality of a lot of things went down. For computers that was around 1994.

PMSL

Don't blame on material for bending- it was clearly design faults... Even steel will bend when you put holes on wrong places... 

That is true but thin chep steel will bend easier then hard string steal and thats what they upgraded 

Who the fuck upgrades anything every year? Do you buy a new motherboard every year? Monitor? Did you upgrade to Haswell then to Broadwell then to Skylake a month or so later? How about GPUs, do you buy one every generation?

And people do make the same questionable link with GPUs, I've seen people with 200 series AMD GPUs asking about upgrading to the same rebadged card this generation, I've seen people complaining that the 760 they bought last year hasn't been satisfactorily replaced by the 960 and... who the hell does this!? I was still on Fermi and Sandy Bridge and iPhone 4 until a few months ago, it's very normal for tech hardware changes to be incremental, and I don't think anyone is expecting you to re-buy everything as soon as something slightly newer is released.