Apple iPhone event announced for Wednesday, September 9

itsmefurqan

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/27/9214107/apple-iphone-6s-event-invite

screen-shot-2015-08-27-at-12-17-43-pm.pn

Apple has just announced its traditional fall iPhone launch, sending out invitations to the press for an event on September 9th, as expected. Less expected? The venue, San Francisco's Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. That's a new one for Apple.

The company is expected to unveil a new pair of smartphones: the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus. Not much is known about what the new devices might offer in the way of upgrades, but it's a good bet that the displays will incorporate Force Touch — technology that allows for force-sensitive touches and has already appeared in Apple's laptops. A dramatic camera upgrade has also been rumored, so we'll be looking for that.

is there gonna be a hype train? and will the irack be a new side feature?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Hey look, there is somewhere i'm not gonna go.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Time to camp out Apple stores.  :lol:

People still camp out? I thought the only people who still do it are old Chinese ladies who buys the iPhones and reselling for a slightly higher price. 

I dont understand why people camp outside Apple Stores, for god sake.. Its just an Apple product, its not like anything important or something special.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

People still camp out? I thought the only people who still do it are old Chinese ladies who buys the iPhones and reselling for a slightly higher price. 

Mhmm. Some because they genuinely want it, others to make a quick buck.

I dont understand why people camp outside Apple Stores, for god sake.. Its just an Apple product, its not like anything important or something special.

Same reason why people camp out for new consoles. Same reason why people pre-order video games. Same reason why people go to midnight movie premiers. All to be the first.

Mhmm. Some because they genuinely want it, others to make a quick buck.

Same reason why people camp out for new consoles. Same reason why people pre-order video games. Same reason why people go to midnight movie premiers. All to be the first.

I dont just get why waste multiple days of your life, waiting not turning a revenue by working, only to something this silly? I'd assume you could just wait a few days or maybe a week to get one right?

Pre ordering is the most retarded shit ever, theres no word to describe it, by Pre ordering, you're ruining the industry.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Time to camp out Apple stores. :lol:

I couldn't help but lol at people who did that for the 6. I just reserved me phones, showed up at 8, got them, walked away, while the line went back 6 blocks. Like wtf. It's a phone.

Only reason I even went early was the reservation. If I didn't have that, I would've just let the business manager let me know when I could order and I'd happily sit and wait for them to arrive.

Fanboys of all brands are strange

thats a crime?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why does everyone single out Apple users for this? People do this for nearly everything. Video games, new consoles, newly released movies in the theater, black friday, bloody fucking Amiibos and the list goes on. At least Apple users have a reason to wait. Apple typically runs out of devices very quickly so if you aren't in line you aren't getting one for a couple of months. 

I couldn't help but lol at people who did that for the 6. I just reserved me phones, showed up at 8, got them, walked away, while the line went back 6 blocks. Like wtf. It's a phone.

Only reason I even went early was the reservation. If I didn't have that, I would've just let the business manager let me know when I could order and I'd happily sit and wait for them to arrive.

Fanboys of all brands are strange

I'm going to camp out because I won't be able to pre-order and I'd rather not wait 3 months into release in getting a phone.

I dont just get why waste multiple days of your life, waiting not turning a revenue by working, only to something this silly? I'd assume you could just wait a few days or maybe a week to get one right?

Pre ordering is the most retarded shit ever, theres no word to describe it, by Pre ordering, you're ruining the industry.

Not every "camping" line is as busy as Apple's NY store. There are many places where you can just wait a couple hours before launch and receive an unreserved unit. Also, not every minute of your life has to be spent making revenue. Heavens know how many days I have clocked in into LTT and I'm not making any money here.

I'm going to camp out because I won't be able to pre-order and I'd rather not wait 3 months into release in getting a phone.

Apple has a reservation system

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/CA/en_CA/reserve/iPhone/availability

That page goes live closer to preorder day, sometime in the morning specifically on the 12th this year. Reserve, walk in, walk out. No lines, no fuss

That page goes live closer to preorder day, sometime in the morning specifically on the 12th this year. Reserve, walk in, walk out. No lines, no fuss

Depends where you are. Like he said the lines you see being talked about are the huge Apple stores like the one in New York. For most you're looking at a 15 person line waiting a couple hours at most. 

Unfortunately the carriers require Apple to check your account with your carrier and that's just more complicated than I want it to be. I'm hoping I can just walk into the store and buy a phone no questions asked. EDIT: at least here in the US

If you're passionate about something you'll go the extra mile to get it. 

I.e. my hobby is anime, I will stand outside of animate for an entire night to get it first. I've been caught several times cutting lol.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

thats not true at all. pre ordering games, especially digital games is stupid, but pre ordering some thing physical than can and often does run out thats just common sense.  apple tend to always release a solid phone especially the s versions. 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So you pre-order something without knowing if its good or shit? I dont see your logic.