Sony Xperia Z5 series to have brand new IMX230 21MP sensor

asim1999

Finally, i am so happy about this! They are finally upgrading the bloody camera in 2 years. 

Sony posted this tweet which basically confirms the leak:http://twitter.com/sonyxperiagb/status/635851614083878912/photo/1

All of the references to cameras and focusing leads me to believe that the upcoming handset will likely make use of Sony’s latest Exmor RS IMX230 or IMX240 image sensor. The IMX230 features 21 megapixels, which is typical for Sony’s flagship devices, along with 192 point phase detection autofocus technology (PDAF), for faster and more accurate object focusing. Sony unveiled its PDAF and traditional contrast hybrid auto-focus technology with the launch of the Xperia M5 less than one month ago, which may also feature in this new handset.

Unfortunately, we can’t really see the phone because of the blur in the image, but the design looks the same as the company’s existing Xperia series, although the size perhaps suggests that a Compact variant is on the way. Last week, a press shot of the Xperia Z5 Compact leaked online and pictures from earlier in the month hint that an entire Xperia Z5 range might be on the way.

We don’t have too many other specification rumors to go on at this point. One or more of Sony’s upcoming devices may be making use of Sony’s 4K X-Reality display software and a fingerprint scanner is also said to be included.

The teaser leaves us with a date set for September 2nd, meaning that there’s a little over a week left to wait until we see what Sony has to offer.

Source:http://www.androidauthority.com/sony-camera-teaser-ifa-2015-636695/

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

my pp stand now very big

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I'm really interested to see what these new Sony phones will be like. I have a sneaky feeling they'll be much too large for my liking, and likely extremely expensive, but here's hoping.

I'd like to see a compact 5.5" device from them. They're one of the few companies that know how to do batteries right.

Please Sony. Say no to glass backs.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What the hell sony my xperia z origional is still going strong..... why you wanna keep making me upgrade

I'm really interested to see what these new Sony phones will be like. I have a sneaky feeling they'll be much too large for my liking, and likely extremely expensive, but here's hoping.

I'd like to see a compact 5.5" device from them. They're one of the few companies that know how to do batteries right.

Please Sony. Say no to glass backs.

yeh... my Z2, 2 years old, still giving me 2.5 days of battery when being used with spotify for 8 hours a day, every day.....

I am hoping that the Z5 Compact is good, as that will be my next phone as the Sony Compact phones arei cheap on contract here in the UK.

Hoping for the 820 instead of the 810 for the CPU as OEMs have had it for at least a good few months now for testing.

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I have to say that for me the most exciting part of a new phone is the camera. I am always excited to see sony make new sensors since most other  companies also use them.

Is it really "brand new" though? From what I've heard the Moto X Style and Play uses the IMX230 sensor.

There is a lot more to a camera than just the sensor used though, so I will be looking forward to seeing how the z5's camera performs.

I am kind of disappointed that we are seeing 21 megapixel cameras in phones. If they moved down to ~13MP with that sensor size they could get so much better low light performance (1.12µm pixel size to about 1.44). That's a far more important area to improve if you ask me.

If they bring it to Verizon it will probably be my next phone.

As long as they don't let Verizon brandish it in logos and ruin the build quality like they did with the Z3v

Is it really "brand new" though? From what I've heard the Moto X Style and Play uses the IMX230 sensor.

There is a lot more to a camera than just the sensor used though, so I will be looking forward to seeing how the z5's camera performs.

I am kind of disappointed that we are seeing 21 megapixel cameras in phones. If they moved down to ~13MP with that sensor size they could get so much better low light performance (1.12µm pixel size to about 1.44). That's a far more important area to improve if you ask me.

The sensor is 21MP, but they capture at 8MP (you can go into manual mode an choose 21MP, but 8MP is the standard). So that makes somewhat up for it. 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64