YouTube Gaming - Launched!

That response from Twitch, dayum.

Personally I prefer watching live streams on youtube. Whenever I try to watch one on Twitch, it just completely craps out and won't load (fuck you Verizon, stop throttling Century Link customers). Youtube has no trouble however.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm glad there is competition. I hope the chat is sorted a bit better, busy twitch streams are not fun to chat in.

I just wish people would start streaming 1080p60. I'm tired of watching muddy 720p30 from a lot of these guys.

I also hope I can quit seeing cyberpowerpc sponsorship everywhere.

You wouldn't believe it but was the other way around, there were count numbers, Youtube had more viewers.  :P Don't want to go to specific into numbers, but people were reporting that Youtube was fine on 350k viewers and at the same time Twitch went down (iirc Twitch didn't hit 150k at any point but I might be wrong). 

Really? At that view count then I'd be wagering there was something wrong on the streamer's end and not Twitch's. Just last March with ESL Katowice for CSGO there were over 700k people watching on Twitch(myself included) and I didn't have issues nor can I find anyone that did. Also recently with ESL Cologne there were 1.3 million people watching at the final match, the view count on Twitch was over 900k(again myself included), and again I nor anyone else I know had viewing issues.

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/counter-strike-1-million-viewers-iem/

http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-counterstrike-cologne-drug-tests-esl-one/

So I'd wager that was a long time ago or something was wrong on the streamer's end.

Really? At that view count then I'd be wagering there was something wrong on the streamer's end and not Twitch's. Just last March with ESL Katowice for CSGO there were over 700k people watching on Twitch(myself included) and I didn't have issues nor can I find anyone that did. Also recently with ESL Cologne there were 1.3 million people watching at the final match, the view count on Twitch was over 900k(again myself included), and again I nor anyone else I know had viewing issues.

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/counter-strike-1-million-viewers-iem/

http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-counterstrike-cologne-drug-tests-esl-one/

So I'd wager that was a long time ago or something was wrong on the streamer's end.

Well if nothing else I know I had stuttering on Twitch but not Youtube during E3. On the other hand it was the only time I had it so not sure what happened there.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well if nothing else I know I had stuttering on Twitch but not Youtube during E3. On the other hand it was the only time I had it so not sure what happened there.

Twitch is constantly slowing to a hault for me and forcing me to rewatch the same commercials over and over. I swear it's on purpose. I don't use Adblock in order to support streamers and YouTube but For E3 I had to watch 1 ad and the rest of the stream there were none.

I tried watching on twitch with gigabit at work and it kept dropping. So annoying

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

If google implements content IDing live streaming then I don't going that far, but the other and probably more serious problem is sponsors and donations. With youtube they already want a piece of sponsored videos and integrated ads, they might want to have a share with streamers as well. They probably leave donations alone but who knows.

Hopefully more and more streamers switch over from Twitch.Twitch is horrible lately,and I am pretty sure they will do nothing about it.And Youtube is just fine when it comes to Livestreaming.

Twitch is love, Twitch is life ! And it has Kappa :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I feel the same way about this as i do with the Youtube v Vessel thing. I will watch videos where it is easiest for me. I'm not going to go to 10 different sites to hunt down videos for people i like.

That being said there are like 3 people i watch on twitch, so if 2 of them start streaming on youtube I'm more likely to watch on there than i am twitch. I hate twitch chat more than i hate youtube commenters. Hopefully at least popular streamer's contracts will allow them to stream to two sources, if not that kind of blows.

I also have more faith in youtube to handle storage of video, and handling streaming back. Plus the fact that i can get HTML5 video and i assume most of my hand built extensions to clean up the youtube interface and make it better will take little tweaking to work on this page...

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Youtube allows you to stream up to 1080p60 9000Kbps and automatically gives you transcodes to lower resolutions/bitrates for people with potato internet.  This is nearly 3 times the amount Twitch allows AND only partners get guaranteed transcodes.  1080p60 is atrocious on Twitch

Looks like you can watch the same stream with the old viewer or new but just adding "gaming." to the URL?

Jack Frags streaming Gears Ultimate

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=fgt4hRH_KVM

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

The homepage UI is the most weird thing ever, not sure if i like the sidebars for games and channels, though at least the livestream view is better that normal youtube. Chat needs improvements, like channel picked mods like twitch to begin with and a button to hide it.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

And it's geo-locked. Typical Google, can't do anything right.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

honestly i found you tube live streams better then twitch in all ways expect one.

the chat has no moderation. thats minor thing

the ease of use on youtube/+ saving to channel easier.

etc

i really don't see the positive to twitch 

and that the wan show was dual streamed.

Praise our YouTube overlords, it will bathe us in glory. None of us would be here without YouTube.

Live streaming on YouTube still isn't available in Germany, so I don't give a fuck.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I just watched some livestreams, no one I know or watch regularly(doubt they'll switch from Twitch). I've watched 1080p/60fps and 720p/60fps and they all look like ass, probably not using a high enough bitrate or something or it's that YouTube encoding everyone hates. It seems like every stream I watch is grainy/blurry. The UI/menus suck, they're clunky, slow, and not intuitive. It honestly feels like it's made for mobile devices. Also I'm not sure how much control the streamer has over their stream, it kinda looks like all the Steam streams I've been seeing where there is no facecam or fancy outlines, looks raw. Is OBS even supported?

On the other hand I'm liking the black theme, really nice on the eyes, but that's pretty much it...

A little off-topic but, when can I make a YouTube account? They said YouTube is going to be the first one but I'm still forced to make a gmail/g+/google account, etc.

A little off-topic but, when can I make a YouTube account? They said YouTube is going to be the first one but I'm still forced to make a gmail/g+/google account, etc.

No set date yet, but youtube is up first to be ridden of G+ so expect in a couple of weeks.

inb4 a stream gets taken done automatically because of the copyright of ingame music. (yeah, I know Twitch automutes archives if it detects something, but on youtube live, streams get actually taken down in real time.)

Youtube has shown in the past that they care primarily about content providers which led to BS like geo-locking and companies misusing content flagging to block unpleasant comments or reviews of their products that don't actually violate any copyright.

So far, the youtube gaming site doesn't bring anything new that wasn't on youtube before, except it's prefiltered to only include gaming-related content (you don't even have to opt-in when you upload a video, an algorithm decides whether it's gaming-related and shows it on gaming.youtube or not) and uses a really weird UI. 

And as much as people complain about twitch chat, youtube live chat is much worse and doesn't allow on-par moderation tools with bot support.

I'm going to try to stream CSGO for shits and giggles.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650