John Carmack joins Oculus VR as Chief Technology Officer

John Carmack has taken a full-time job at the company making the Oculus Rift.

oculus_carmack_34378_embed.jpg

Carmack will now work full-time out of Oculus VR's new Dallas office as the company's chief technology officer.

“The dream of VR has been simmering in the background for decades, but now, the people and technologies are finally aligning to allow it to reach the potential we imagined,” said Carmack in a public statement.

“I’m extremely excited to make a mark in what I truly believe will be a transformative technology."

The development kit for the Oculus Rift VR headset began shipping in March 2013. No date for a consumer version of the technology has currently been made available.

Carmack was one of the co-founders of id Software in 1991, and has served as technical director at the Doom and Quake developer for over 20 years. The studio was independent until 2009, when it was acquired by Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media.

id Software is currently working on Doom 4.

Source :http://asia.gamespot.com/news/john-carmack-takes-full-time-job-at-oculus-rift-developer-6412625

I hope with Carmack vision,he might be able to bring oculus to the next level.

Lol I was just about to post this. Having someone well known like Carmack will help Oculus VR a lot.

We need DAT OCULOUS GOOGLE GLASS RIFT VIRTUIX OMNI THING NAOWW !!!

But seriously: good news for that section of the industry, thumbs up!

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Awesome news indeed! Hopefully this will get the Rift more attention (although it already has a ton). 

COMIC SANS

Some peoples say that oculus rift is doom to fail.Hopefully with Carmack as big figure in gaming industry joining the team,it would change those skeptical person mind. 

Even without Carmack onboard, Oculus Rift will be a success. With him joining the team though, it will be a bigger success. :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |