F@H with Intel HD Graphics?

Hey all, I was wondering if i can start F@H with my Intel HD Graphics 4000?

I was just curious how F@H works and i wanted to try it, Will it do any good?

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

From what I heard not much really, I could be wrong though.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It is not compatible with Intel's integrated graphics. What are you exactly wanting to know about folding@home? Bear in mind, it's purely volunteer and you will not be compensated for anything except for points.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It is not compatible with Intel's integrated graphics. What are you exactly wanting to know about folding@home? Bear in mind, it's purely volunteer and you will not be compensated for anything except for points.

I was told i can help cure things and such, and that sounded pretty awesome because i have a disease myself. but i cant do much i guess because of my HD Graphics.

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

I was told i can help cure things and such, and that sounded pretty awesome because i have a disease myself. but i cant do much i guess because of my HD Graphics.

nowadays everyone has disease  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (well in america lots do)

You can at least run it on your CPU. Yes, the idea behind Folding@home is to help people with diseases, including but not limited to ALS, cancer, Alzheimers, etc. You can read all about the project here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Thats weird, I can fold with 4600 HD

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

Can you?

How?

Can you?

How?

If I remember correctly from when I compared my i5 4440's iGPU to the dGPU in my old laptop, it has OpenCL. I haven't got F@H setup on my i7 4790k rig yet (under Linux) so I can't double check ATM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If I remember correctly from when I compared my i5 4440's iGPU to the dGPU in my old laptop, it has OpenCL. I haven't got F@H setup on my i7 4790k rig yet (under Linux) so I can't double check ATM.

I'm not seeing it on their whitelist. https://fah-web.stanford.edu/file-releases/public/GPUs.txt

That's the problem, its not officially supported since its weaker than even a mobility Radeon HD 5650, which has OpenCL 1.1 (under Linux I have it folding with my display being powered of the MR HD 4250 iGPU, which has dedicated vRAM)-Linux makes sense

PMSL

And thanks for the link, I needed the whitelist for F@H Linux.

PMSL

How?

IDK. I just press on and it works

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

Hey all, I was wondering if i can start F@H with my Intel HD Graphics 4000?

I was just curious how F@H works and i wanted to try it, Will it do any good?

Honestly, even if it was supported, you shouldn't. HD 4000 is just too weak for F@H standards. You would not be able to meet the deadlines, and all the effort would be rendered useless. Even Boinc, with it's almighty capabilites, can't really do it properly. Well, there's SETI Home, but my opinion is that no one should waste a watt of power into that project. And that's it, no other projects support intel GPUs, as far as I know.

Not to mention, you'd also need a video source, whether it be a monitor or a dummyplug. So in summary, give up on that. For now........

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!