If Zen fails?

if all you are going to post is an attempt of a personal attack, you might aswell not bother posting.

k thx bye

Its not a personal attack. I'm saying in no uncertain terms that I feel that after several other threads, talking to you is like banging my head on a brick wall.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Zen cannot do any worse then skyjunk

Annandtech did a review and the gaming benchmarks are a JOKE.

I compared them to my 7850k and on a bang for the buck basis it is a complete joke.

R9 380 is a massive hit and an awesome card

Kavari is tearing up every game written for dirt cheap.

Some of the smartest people on the planet choose AMD for the new consoles and consoles still dominate gaming, hence they dominate gaming software developement.

Iris Pro is good for sticker shock....Has anyone even bought Iris Pro?

Zen cannot do any worse then skyjunk

Annandtech did a review and the gaming benchmarks are a JOKE.

I compared them to my 7850k and on a bang for the buck basis it is a complete joke.

R9 380 is a massive hit and an awesome card

Kavari is tearing up every game written for dirt cheap.

Some of the smartest people on the planet choose AMD for the new consoles and consoles still dominate gaming, hence they dominate gaming software developement.

Iris Pro is good for sticker shock....Has anyone even bought Iris Pro?

^Yep, wandering troll from redit

PMSL

All I will say is if they "go under" then hopefully it is not in between the point of you selling your old rig and just saved up $1000 for example to build the new system because $1000 will get you nothing. Start stocking up on computer parts or buy AMD cause you wont want to be an Intel fanboy if Zen fails :P

w7lLn06.jpg

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I hope it doesn't, it would set AMD even further behind money wise and technologically in the CPU industry. They'll probably still be here because of the sales from their gpus and apus

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

In a tech magazine I read like 6 months ago it said that last year AMD barely made over 1 billion dollars. I mean that number seams big but it's really not to these tech super giants. With such little extra money they can only put so much into R&D and the cycle will continue until they can't put money into R&D. I really hope as a NVidia and Intel fan that AMD gets their ass in gear and releases some truly amazing products.

A billion... per quarter.

Q4-14: $1.24B

Q1-15: $1.03B

Q2-15:$942M

They are certainly going the wrong direction, though.  They have $2.27B in debt and are experiencing operating losses.  They are only able to charge 25% more for a product than it costs them to physically make it due to the non-competiveness of their CPUs and the high expense of their GPU production.

They spent $33M to begin the 14nm transition and $245M on R&D - most of that just on Zen and Greenland.

They have cut their operating expenses by more than half in the last year as well.

They have ~$3B in real assets, and $829M in cash, but need to keep about $600M on hand for day to day operations to operate at full speed, meaning if they lose $100M again, we are going to see some more major cutbacks in R&D in an effort to survive into 2016 without defaulting.

All I will say is if they "go under" then hopefully it is not in between the point of you selling your old rig and just saved up $1000 for example to build the new system because $1000 will get you nothing. Start stocking up on computer parts or buy AMD cause you wont want to be an Intel fanboy if Zen fails :P

w7lLn06.jpg

I'm fine with my K6-2 thank you very much. However I still do need the 4th good AMD CPU range to round things up-an Athlon (not the CMT based POS). I've already got a K10 Phenom II, I've got the K6-2 500 and I've got AMD"s legendary 386 DX-40.

PMSL

If they manage to screw their shit up they'll probably get bought up by someone bigger or at least get an injection of investment money from someone as no one, not even Intel & nVidia benefit from a lack of competition.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

I'll buy them :)

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

If zen fails, prepare for another 5 years of nothing interesting from intel on the consumer platform. AMD may also have to close their cpu division.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Zen: Bulldozer part 2.

Bulldozer: "Where you can Bulldoze yourself a nice grave."

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

i doubt that intel will let amd be bought out. intel uses amd to say "we arent a monopoly when it comes to PC's" intel dosent want to deal with that and amd takes a very very very small part of their profits. take the major chrome books they are using intel laptop celery cpu's when an amd cpu would have preformed just as well. all i really think amd need to do is shrink their fab process to decreese power usage. their only appearance in laptops is in lowend cheep ones due to lack of preformance to power. if they could address this with the same or better preformance at a lower power threshold then they might start making more apperances in laptops. for the desktop world they are really only appearing in low end gaming desktops due to bad preformance but that is such a low part of their profits it dosent matter. lastly think of the last time you went to an office and saw amd stickers all the computers. i work at staples and we only sell a single amd system and its a 200$ laptop.

what they need is a larger part of the laptop market, the keep the console market, to make a bigger splash in the server market and business budget computers.

i want to belive that they will make a come back.

ie. i have their highest end processor on the consumer platform (FM2+) an A10 7850k black edition. i have it overclocked on water to 4.8ghz and paired it with a r9 290. its insane how badly these parts are matched. the cpu bottlenecks the gpu on every corner. wow i get 40 fps on max details in a 20m raid. compaired to my i5 4690k at 4.6 ghz i get 120+ fps in 20m raids.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

i doubt that intel will let amd be bought out. intel uses amd to say "we arent a monopoly when it comes to PC's" intel dosent want to deal with that and amd takes a very very very small part of their profits. take the major chrome books they are using intel laptop celery cpu's when an amd cpu would have preformed just as well. all i really think amd need to do is shrink their fab process to decreese power usage. their only appearance in laptops is in lowend cheep ones due to lack of preformance to power. if they could address this with the same or better preformance at a lower power threshold then they might start making more apperances in laptops. for the desktop world they are really only appearing in low end gaming desktops due to bad preformance but that is such a low part of their profits it dosent matter. lastly think of the last time you went to an office and saw amd stickers all the computers. i work at staples and we only sell a single amd system and its a 200$ laptop.

what they need is a larger part of the laptop market, the keep the console market, to make a bigger splash in the server market and business budget computers.

i want to belive that they will make a come back.

ie. i have their highest end processor on the consumer platform (FM2+) an A10 7850k black edition. i have it overclocked on water to 4.8ghz and paired it with a r9 290. its insane how badly these parts are matched. the cpu bottlenecks the gpu on every corner. wow i get 40 fps on max details in a 20m raid. compaired to my i5 4690k at 4.6 ghz i get 120+ fps in 20m raids.

actually there highest is the a-10 7870k

Considering the economy is crashing, I have zero hope for AMD. Just forget about it. They won't be their own company very soon.

The thing is, if Zen fails, someone's gonna buy them out for the sake of fair market. Not exactly for the consumer's benefit but more for balance, because if AMD simply went bust, Intel and Nvidia would charge up the ass for hardware, and this would have an effect into the console market.

AMD also has Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo with them because they can actually negotiate, unlike Nvidia.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

actually there highest is the a-10 7870k

isnt it just a re-badge with a higher clockspeed?

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

If Zen fails and AMD gets bought the new owner wont get X86 lisence since agreement betwean Intel and AMD wont allow transferring lisence to new owner, only thing they get to keap is AMD64. Then it would be R.I.P competition, R.I.P Consumer PC Prices.

What i think they would do is get "funding" from some company like Samsung and guarantees for certain % of AMD Profit and power in decision making of AMD Board of Directors.

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

If Zen fails and AMD gets bought the new owner wont get X86 lisence since agreement betwean Intel and AMD wont allow transferring lisence to new owner, only thing they get to keap is AMD64. Then it would be R.I.P competition, R.I.P Consumer PC Prices.

Intel still needs to compete with the diminishing PC market (i.e., against tablets).

If they offer stronger processors which can do things that tablets can't, then people will move from tablet back to PC's. Which I don't see happening anyway. The only people who care about desktops are enthusiasts.

But in general, very few people need to do more than word processing and surfing the internet, which a tablet can already do. So, unless some super-cool CPU-demanding fad comes out and sweeps america, PC's are pretty much done. iPhone has already been declared the most successful "video game console", if you were to consider it a console. Most people only use their phone to play games.

Intel would have better luck expanding their cloud/server processing sector. Hardcore PC gaming is just for a niche minority.

Zen will bring peace to this world

Be at peace

post-26727-0-00029200-1440382145.png

post-26727-0-00029200-1440382145.png

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I wish Valve would take over AMD. Just imagine how amazing that would be for consumers, and in general.

The Nano isn't even officially out yet and people are talking Artic Islands...you gotta love the internet.

So when Artic comes out, they'll move the Fury to the Hawaii spot. Come out with 1 new GPU based with HMB 2 and call it a day. The 7000/200/300 series by then will truly be dead, thankfully. The Fury will be the mid end of the performance with the Hawaii being the bottom perhaps, lol.

I'm kind of curious about their APUs on the mobile side, if they put HBM on there, they could have something that is powerful and small (relatively) and profit margins are better on mobile if I'm not mistaken.

Zen won't fail.... At least for me. If the rumors are true(big cores, more cores, and HT) then that will be the perfect CPU for me, since I primarily do things that require multiple cores rather than IPC(its important too, but not as much). Sadly though, I might have to skip on Zen unless if they have an Opteron equivalent, since I am really wanting a dual CPU setup(just spensive though). I also want an APU too, but that's only for screwing around(I wonder if they will make a beast APU, if they do then its time to dissemble my Xbox360).

I wish Valve would take over AMD. Just imagine how amazing that would be for consumers, and in general.

the rights amd has to use intels x86-x64 architecture. it wont transfer if amd is bought out. that means no more amd cpu's. it would be cool if intel let them keep that licence.