How to wipe a computer and start over?

jakjakattack

Hello all,

We, my family, has an 5 or so year old all in one computer that we are giving to a friend. It is very slow at this point, but I have seen older computers that were faster and I am guessing that the computer is just cluttered up. We don't need any of the files off of it, we just need to reset it to give it to a friend. It is running windows 7 home premium. How would I wipe this computer?

Regards,

Jackson

get the windows key, and get windows on a cd.  and just, re-instal it.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

what  kinda pc is it cuz brands like Acer have programs that do this.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

If you have the windows installation disk and the product key use dban to wipe the hard drive clean and do a clean install. 

Download Windows 7 media installation to a USB stick and do a completely fresh install

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

get the windows key, and get windows on a cd.  and just, re-instal it.

How do I get the windows key? And do would i just stick the usb/disk in and re-install? No need to wipe?

what  kinda pc is it cuz brands like Acer have programs that do this.

It's an old HP

How do I get the windows key? And do would i just stick the usb/disk in and re-install? No need to wipe?

It's an old HP

what OS

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

The factory re-install says it resets it to the original operating system, which was vista. Or will it just reset to Windows 7.

try this

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

now if it takes u back to vista then reinstall windows 7 with the DVD u got or a bootable USB

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

now if it takes u back to vista then reinstall windows 7 with the DVD u got or a bootable USB

How do I get the key from my computer tho? So that I can re-install.

How do I get the key from my computer tho? So that I can re-install.

the key is tied with the motherboard if ur talking about vista. When u upgrade back to 7 u will need the key that came in an email or the box that came with the Discs.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง