Sidepanel window WITH holes or WITHOUT hole?

iTuAnh
Go to solution Solved by Brandonberg,

Simple solution... Cover up the holes with tape to block the airflow and see how your temps go. I doubt you would have a problem. If all good you can replace the side window to a solid one.

My case (aerocool xpredator white edition) came with holes on the sidepanel window, i hate it, looks very ugly in my build, i want to make a new window, should i do that because i am afraid that it will block the air flow from outside in for my CPU Headsink fans............ HELP ME PLEASE JUST HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tUYmsWr.jpg

LinuxSexTips        :wub:

My case (aerocool xpredator white edition) came with holes on the sidepanel window, i hate it, looks very ugly in my build, i want to make a new window, should i do that because i am afraid that it will block the air flow from outside in for my CPU Headsink fans............ HELP ME PLEASE JUST HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are meant to put fans there :P

Honestly the holes should not make too much difference, they might provide some passive cooling, but they can also interfere with the air cycling through the machine

most cases have solid windows and are fine, so it shouldnt change much

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah thats ugly. if you know how to, make a new one

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

But can it take air from the front? MY MOM AND MY BROTHER KEEP SAYING THAT IT WLL BLOCK THE AIR FLOW SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF ME PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

KzUOmby.jpg

Don't worry about replacing it by a window without holes, most cases come with a solid window or just with a solid panel, without any (or barely any) holes in it. ;)

You are meant to put fans there :P

Honestly the holes should not make too much difference, they might provide some passive cooling, but they can also interfere with the air cycling through the machine

most cases have solid windows and are fine, so it shouldnt change much

Yeah thats ugly. if you know how to, make a new one

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well im not sure im much of a benchmark for case prettyness, since understated is my thing (and yet i own a Storm Stryker :( ) and i think cases usually look better windowless :'D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Don't worry about replacing it by a window without holes, most cases come with a solid window or just with a solid panel, without any (or barely any) holes in it. ;)

Thank yoụ :D

Well im not sure im much of a benchmark for case prettyness, since understated is my thing (and yet i own a Storm Stryker :( ) and i think cases usually look better windowless :'D

well, everybody have their own taste :)

Simple solution... Cover up the holes with tape to block the airflow and see how your temps go. I doubt you would have a problem. If all good you can replace the side window to a solid one.

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

this will take time but i dont have much time left.......... thank you btw :D

Thank you so much for the tip! i tried, and it didn't change anything! :D i'm so satisfying with this sidepanel window! Thanks you guys so much once again! :)

A0A1al5.jpgjfkGMjC.jpg82XkwH0.jpgLJFPD3L.jpgeg4xlUZ.jpgJKftam6.jpg

That looks good, did the temps change?

no, didnt change anything :D

Thank you so much for the tip! i tried, and it didn't change anything! :D i'm so satisfying with this sidepanel window! Thanks you guys so much once again! :)

no problem. thats why we are here. some times its the the simplest of things that help ;)

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

• 5 years later...

Hey man, where did you bought a solid glass panel?

I have the same case and I would love to have a full glass. It looks amazing!