Suggestions for an amazing Battle Station?

Seraphim_eu

Hey Guys, 

Im so excited to be part of the community at last. So yeah obviously a huge techy and now with a golden opportunity starring me right in the eyes... I just recently bought a place and I finally have a dedicated room for my Battle station . 

Hired an interior designer for the rest of the house.. but that room is mine to play with. so I attached the basic layout of the room so you have an idea. And instead of sticking to my limited knowledge I;m opting to share this with my fellow tech community.. I m sure we will have a lot of fun. 

Just so you know, I currently have 1 main desktop with 3x27 inch screens, 2 laptops that have to be nearby that i use via RDP . and potentially another desktop on the way (no need for screens, either shared screens or just RDP). 

so now... I'm not sure where to start.. I guess if you guys can post pics of things that could be done.. ranges from tables, gear, lighting, automation, interior deco... anything! 

Lemme know what you would want to know.. hight tech room! 

oh at this stage , don't limit your creativity with cost.. that comes at the end.. 

hf!!! 

post-254738-0-35123900-1440156447_thumb.

You lucky sonova-... I should buy an apartment. Does a shoebox count as an apartment?

Anyway, hf with it

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

First off, I am assuming that you will be building into "game room", I would prefer the office, as it is smaller and has no apparent windows behind the setup.

The game room has either a window or a door, and I wouldn't want a door behind me... You know... people might sneak up on you in the middle of your....killing spree...

Anyhow, a window can be covered, preferably with blinds, as curtains aren't effective against the sun, if it uses blaze. (it's super effective)

If at all possible I would remove the wardrobe and turn that into more space, that would be where "The seat" is. Back facing the toilet, I would have the PC on the left of the user. If the wardrobe's right wall is left in place, it will also stop people at the door from seeing what is on the monitors.

This is because I would want to be able to monitor the terrace, and i would want the PC to be hidden from view of the terrace.

Otherwise I have nothing else ATM.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

haha shoe box is a first step @revsilverspine  ;)

Thanks for the ideas @UnknownEngineer. Actually the office space was an open terrace when I bought the house but im closing it up. The one I was considering was actually the Game Room and the office was for my wife... I always loved the fact of  being able to moitor the terrace.. the only issue with that is all the sea of wires that behind the desk. 2 desktops, 2 laptos .. 3 screens, head phones, phone sync and chargers.. so this is why i was planning on sticking it to the wall. in the game room, the left wall was my initial idea. 

but i agree with you, someone sneaking up like that could be annoying.. .. confusing..  but i guess the need for space for all of that makes it a must to have it on the left wall that gives me 3.5m to work with .. 

the furniture in the layouts attached could be misleading, plz ignore them.

woow check pinterest  "battle stations" for some inspiration.. that stuff is sick!  

If you watch Keralis' videos, he showed one of his new house with a sweet room for his gaming/recording. He had very stylish looking sound absorbing thingies, which I thought just looked cool. You could also put up gaming-themed paintings or shelves to show things off. Maybe a shelf with LEDs under it to produce an underglow?

An aquarium in your desk would be pretty sweet. Or an infinity desk/table.

@theninja35.. awesome !!! love it!! didnt know the guy thanks for the share man! 

I love this setup! 

TYFo1wv.jpg

Well this is where I am at till now. What do you guys think? 

qEtStwx.jpg