Cracking WPA2 ( My own Wifi )

Hello :D

Ive had problems with people trying to get into my wifi before ( good old WEP days ) and i just put a long ass password on my wifi which uses WPA2 PSK for security.

I was wondering if you guys know of a way to try and test how good the password is against a brute force attack. Ive tried Backtrack and a huuuuge dictionary in which my password wasnt in so yeah.

This is all on my own wifi and yes i know its illegal to try and hack someone elses wifi so yeah as i said, MY own wifi connection!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I don't know but why are you scared of a brute force attack anyway?

it takes literally ages on WPA2

OP:jus reset your wifi router it will be 100x faster

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I don't know but why are you scared of a brute force attack anyway?

Just me being curious, and see if a 10 character long password is worth it over a 20 one for example

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

it takes literally ages on WPA2

OP:jus reset your wifi router it will be 100x faster

It's not what he asked for, read the whole post.

Oh, and I believe it can be done on Linux via. terminal - not sure how effective it is, I've yet to try it but I will eventually!

It's not what he asked for, read the whole post.

Oh, and I believe it can be done on Linux via. terminal - not sure how effective it is, I've yet to try it but I will eventually!

it might but still it takes ages to brute force wpa2 its not WEP you cant crack it in a minute

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If you manage to get the hash for a WPA2 key it would take a LONG time to crack it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Hello :D

Ive had problems with people trying to get into my wifi before ( good old WEP days ) and i just put a long ass password on my wifi which uses WPA2 PSK for security.

And I'm still using WEP, my Tp-Link AP doesn't support other modes in repeater mode :(

So you used a dictionary based attack? Try using crunch to generate a list of everything and save it to a file on the desktop. Just add the required arguments.. Then use fern, set the security type which is your wpa2 and add the password file to try

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

So you used a dictionary based attack? Try using crunch to generate a list of everything and save it to a file on the desktop. Just add the required arguments.. Then use fern, set the security type which is your wpa2 and add the password file to try

Yeah i downloaded a massive 13GB dictionary, will look into what you said!

Yeah i downloaded a massive 13GB dictionary, will look into what you said!

Crunch generates every combination within the parametres you set, not just known words and passwords.... I really hope you're not doing something bad

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Crunch generates every combination within the parametres you set, not just known words and passwords.... I really hope you're not doing something bad

Lol dont worry its my own wifi!

I personally use a full 63 characters randomized passkey for my WPA2 wifi. It used to be 64 characters long but some random devices wouldn't let you enter in that 64th character (Mostly older BB phones, BB6 os and so on).

This thing is, in all practicality, impossible* to brute force. I'm only worried about some exploit or weakness in the system that would allow a hacker to bypass the key or extract/decrypt it somehow.

I set the super large password after finding out one day that I had an unknown wifi client logged into the router, using bandwidth (My password wasn't easy, but was made up of words). From that moment on, I banned their IP, reset the router, configured a 63 character password using WPA2, and stored the password on a .txt file, so if anyone wants to use my wifi, they have to get the key from a USB stick, or type it manually.

*As a disclaimer: Nothing is impossible, and if someone had enough compute power and time, they could of course brute force my password.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I personally use a full 63 characters randomized passkey for my WPA2 wifi. It used to be 64 characters long but some random devices wouldn't let you enter in that 64th character (Mostly older BB phones, BB6 os and so on).

This thing is, in all practicality, impossible* to brute force. I'm only worried about some exploit or weakness in the system that would allow a hacker to bypass the key or extract/decrypt it somehow.

I set the super large password after finding out one day that I had an unknown wifi client logged into the router, using bandwidth (My password wasn't easy, but was made up of words). From that moment on, I banned their IP, reset the router, configured a 63 character password using WPA2, and stored the password on a .txt file, so if anyone wants to use my wifi, they have to get the key from a USB stick, or type it manually.

*As a disclaimer: Nothing is impossible, and if someone had enough compute power and time, they could of course brute force my password.

Windows has a handy tool to transfer a wifi network's settings from one PC to another using a USB stick. The problem occurs when you have to use a printer (where you select the letter using up/down buttons only) to type in those 63 characters. It would take ages (unless you just did it through the computer although not all printers support that).

HTTP/2 203

Banning their IP would be completely useless and banning a mac address would also add little benefit towards security. 

The biggest problem i have is siblings giving out WIFI passwords to friends. I would also disable features such as WPS (the push button method to a lesser extent) as it is very easy to retrieve the WPA key by cracking the WPS pin. 

Windows has a handy tool to transfer a wifi network's settings from one PC to another using a USB stick. The problem occurs when you have to use a printer (where you select the letter using up/down buttons only) to type in those 63 characters. It would take ages (unless you just did it through the computer although not all printers support that).

Yes it does have a feature to transfer between PC's, but that only works on PC's. Not smartphones, tablets, etc. Plus, I'd rather trust a simple text file because I have control over it.

Banning their IP would be completely useless and banning a mac address would also add little benefit towards security. 

The biggest problem i have is siblings giving out WIFI passwords to friends. I would also disable features such as WPS (the push button method to a lesser extent) as it is very easy to retrieve the WPA key by cracking the WPS pin. 

Obviously banning their IP is of little long-term use. Banning a mac address however is useful, at least in the lesser skilled crowd. Yes you can clone/fake a mac address, but not everyone can do it.

I have WPS disabled, and my roommates don't give out the wifi key without my permission.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I've found sniffers and infected nodes in the network to be the best way to crack the stream, especially if your the connection between that node > router is not encrypted. 

#!