Everything came except the ram should I build?

Bishop235

Ok so as the title says I received everything except the ram, hopped ugly that comes tomorrow. Build today then just pop in the ram when I get it? Would it be ok for everything to stay inside with no power for a day or 2? I know these are noob questions just want some advice.

You can build it and keep it there for a few days if you want (even for a few months lol). It'll save you some time when the RAM comes.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

there is absolutly no problem with leaving a system just without the ram, you can do that like forever, so yah just build evrything now and then plop the ram in and install your OS!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Sweet thanks guys I figure this way as well I can have more time to make sure the wires are really nice and hidden.

I would build now, and then it'll be faster to actually start using it once all the parts are there

It'll give you some extra time to get the cable management part (which nobody likes to do) just right.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on

Yea that's what I figured especially since it's just the ram. Thanks for the response!

Ram takes like 1 minute to install. Less if you have the side panel off. 

If you have some RAM in a different system to borrow I would put the rest together and make sure it all works

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Only worry would be that some of your parts is DOA. And after you have everything in your case, you will have pain to remove the part that isn't working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You won't be able to test anything but, sure.

You'll probably find you will spend more time on attention to detail rather than frantically putting it together due to the eagerness of playing with the new system.

As long as the cpu heat sink doesn't get in the way of the ram slots then go ahead and put together what you have.

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

Only worry would be that some of your parts is DOA. And after you have everything in your case, you will have pain to remove the part that isn't working.

You won't know that till you build it anyway. 

You won't know that till you build it anyway.

So... you would rather build it neatly and rip it apart than wait few days more to be sure?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So... you would rather build it neatly and rip it apart than wait few days more to be sure?

Either way you're building it and ripping it apart if something doesn't work. Might as well do what you can now. 

Either way you're building it and ripping it apart if something doesn't work. Might as well do what you can now.

If you don't build it into case right a way like is suggested in many build guides, you have less work when ripping it apart. I have personally had twice real bad problems with PC and debated whether to rip it apart or not. Second time I took every cable and everything I could somewhat easily remove out and put back in during troubleshooting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you don't build it into case right a way like is suggested in many build guides, you have less work when ripping it apart. I have personally had twice real bad problems with PC and debated whether to rip it apart or not. Second time I took every cable and everything I could somewhat easily remove out and put back in during troubleshooting.

Building your pc outside of the case is a waste of time. 

Building your pc outside of the case is a waste of time.

That, is an opinion, not something you should suggest as only good way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That, is an opinion, not something you should suggest as only good way.

If you like to waste your time then go for it. I prefer to use my pc rather than build it twice. 

If you like to waste your time then go for it. I prefer to use my pc rather than build it twice.

I like the building part more than using final product (not to mention all that time it takes to install OS and software). I'll stick into building outside case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv