First Quantum Interconnect

jos

An international team of physicists has found a way to connect quantum devices in a way that transports entanglement between them. Quantum interconnect is a tricky proposition because of the fragile nature of entanglement, the bizarre way in which quantum particles share the same existence, even when they are far apart. 

Thompson and co do this using a simple optical fiber and a clever quantum trick. Their silicon chips have two sources of photons that travel along photonic channels that overlap. When photons meet in the region of overlap, they become entangled and then carry this entanglement along separate paths through the device.

The trick that Thomson and pals have perfected is to convert the path-entanglement into a different kind of entanglement, in this case involving polarization. They do this by allowing the path-entangled photons to interfere with newly created photons in a way that causes them to become polarized. This also entangles the newly created photons, which pass into the optical fiber and travel to the second silicon photonic chip.
The second chip reverses this process. There, the polarized-entangled photons are converted back into the path-entangled variety which then continue into the device as if they had come directly from the first chip. The team has experimented with this proof-of-principle device and show that the entanglement is preserved throughout.

Quantum%20interconnect.png
This means entanglement can be observed and be transferred. A huge step for Quantum Computing.  This means faster than light information transfer (Zero Delay) and data can be read.. Before they can transfer but cannot read data..

a7cb96939aac348d2c174d46f16d1295_answer_4318524+_98a5d8f5e2cd3afc113f4c5121606a6

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Quantum%20interconnect.png
This means entanglement can be observed and be transferred. A huge step for Quantum Computing.  

you just copied and pasted without paraphrasing, so very few people will understand that.... 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Oh you think ISPs throttling you before was bad, wait until we're using these things..

Essentially, this means that if you wobbled one particle in London, it's quantum entangled pair in New York would wobble exactly the opposite way, at exactly the same moment in time with no lag. Faster Than Light communication.

Entangling particles was never the problem, it was transmitting the data in a readable form. This is proof of concept that it's possible. It also proves that one set of entangled particles can cause other particles to become entangled.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Essentially, this means that if you wobbled one particle in London, it's quantum entangled pair in New York would wobble exactly the opposite way, at exactly the same moment in time with no lag. Faster Than Light communication.

Entangling particles was never the problem, it was transmitting the data in a readable form. This is proof of concept that it's possible. It also proves that one set of entangled particles can cause other particles to become entangled.

it is impossible for anything to travel faster than light, for one as it approaches near light speed, the mass will increase until a near infinite amount! problem is that one of Einsteins theories suggests as you go near the speed of ligth for example 90% then that object has a time of 0.5 the time we experience, this also means if you went quicker, you would in fact go backwards in time! Meaning the data could not infact travel at the speed of light.

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

it is impossible for anything to travel faster than light, for one as it approaches near light speed, the mass will increase until a near infinite amount! problem is that one of Einsteins theories suggests as you go near the speed of ligth for example 90% then that object has a time of 0.5 the time we experience, this also means if you went quicker, you would in fact go backwards in time! Meaning the data could not infact travel at the speed of light.

The thing is that data isn't being exchanged. That's not what this experiment was about.

In a proper quantum connection, you are not exchanging data. You are changing the state of one particle. This changes the state of it's entangled partner. Instantly. With no data transferred and no energy required to transmit the data.

It's pretty similar to how if you change the energy level of 1 electron, as no two electrons can have the same energy state according to quantum physics, all electrons in the universe must change their energy levels instantaneously to allow the new energy levels to exist.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The thing is that data isn't being exchanged. That's not what this experiment was about.

In a proper quantum connection, you are not exchanging data. You are changing the state of one particle. This changes the state of it's entangled partner. Instantly. With no data transferred and no energy required to transmit the data.

It's pretty similar to how if you change the energy level of 1 electron, as no two electrons can have the same energy state according to quantum physics, all electrons in the universe must change their energy levels instantaneously to allow the new energy levels to exist.

If we observe the entangled particle entanglement is lost. but if we can transfer the entanglement info.. then that can be observed preserving the original.. any single bit information change that can be continuously monitored, it becomes info transfer...

What he said has nothing to do with something travelling faster than light. What he meant that, if one particle changed, the entangled particle would perform the same movement in the opposite direction at the exact same time. Faster Than Light communication referred to the reaction being absolutely synchronized. In computer terms, it would be like having absolutely 0 ping.

If we observe the entangled particle entanglement is lost. but if we can transfer the entanglement info.. then that can be observed preserving the original.. any single bit information change that can be continuously monitored, it becomes info transfer...

As long as we do not observe the original particle then they are still communicating at faster than light speed.. This is where parallel data transfer will come into, as the only latency in the system is the transferal of entanglement. The more we can separate the transmission between particles and the more we can read at the same time the faster the data.

The actual transferal across space/time would still be instantaneous between the entangled pairs.

As long as we do not observe the original particle then they are still communicating at faster than light speed.. This is where parallel data transfer will come into, as the only latency in the system is the transferal of entanglement. The more we can separate the transmission between particles and the more we can read at the same time the faster the data.

The actual transferal across space/time would still be instantaneous between the entangled pairs.

And the great thing about it that there is no distance limit so you can have instant communication to any place in the entire universe in-theory.

That's why I always found SETI a weird idea as I doubt any developed alien species would use radio to communicate.

Quantum entanglement for communication seems to me necessary if you want to do any travel outside of a solar system as waiting years for a message isn't practical.

RTX2070OC 

Wording was wrong, it means that the data would arrive instantly, faster than it would at the speed of light. It is not travelling in the traditional sense. It is at one point and another. Not in between. Basically, latency wouldn't exist because there wouldn't be a time travelled, because it isn't travelling. It's there. 

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I understand some of those words.

But tell me how this will help me with my modded Skyrim? :P

This would allow one day maybe to have internet with no downloading or latency everything would be instantaneous.

You want a new game? Press one button and it's on your PC instantly. You have bad ping? Not anymore you're ping now is 0.

Or imagine quantum storage there would be no read and write speeds anymore it would just happen.

RTX2070OC 

Alright so is this announcing a breakthrough which would allow for a user decided spin up or spin down instead of just a random spin up or down like what has been possible for ages? Since if it's random then there is no useable information being transferred and thus makes it pretty useless...

That theory has been disproved as in the quantum world, natural laws of physics doesn't really apply. Atoms for example are always travelling faster than the speed of light. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Alright so is this announcing a breakthrough which would allow for a user decided spin up or spin down instead of just a random spin up or down like what has been possible for ages? Since if it's random then there is no useable information being transferred and thus makes it pretty useless...

Not only is it controllable, it's transferable, so you don't have the break the superposition (and thus the entanglement) by observing it, you can just pass on the entanglement state to an other particle and then read that particles information.

This was proposed as a function solution by CCP Games in the game EVE Online in 2003. they even said how to do it. the world is so behind

Citation https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/FTL_communications

CCP Games proposed it as science fiction in 2003* They didn't have a means to be able to read and transfer entangled particles in the real world. Quantum entanglement as an idea has been in public discussion since 1935. The means to use it for communication is a bit more recent but nevertheless wasn't proposed the CCP Games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

I believe the actual term entanglement was coined by Erwin Schrödinger when he presented his cat theory.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Oh you think ISPs throttling you before was bad, wait until we're using these things..

I dont get it...  will it be easeir for ISPs throttle us when we use faster CPUs?

I dont get it...  will it be easeir for ISPs throttle us when we use faster CPUs?

If they have easier access to the data being sent through, yes..?

If they have easier access to the data being sent through, yes..?

Except it's impossible to observe the data as it's 'travelling' so they couldn't actually throttle based on where it's going.

Except it's impossible to observe the data as it's 'travelling' so they couldn't actually throttle based on where it's going.

It has to exist as an observable state while it's at each node.

It has to exist as an observable state while it's at each node.

I still don't see how it would be 'easier' to throttle.