So i'm about to go for a long drive...

d33g33

Lucky bugger... I got 95 yesterday for $1.4/L WITH staff discount... 

I spoke to soon, saw it had jumped when I was walking the dog, it's now closer to $1.60/L since E10 is now $1.48/L bleh.

Edit: I miss my staff discount for fuel, one of the few perks working for Woolworths lol.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I spoke to soon, saw it had jumped when I was walking the dog, it's now closer to $1.60/L since E10 is now $1.48/L bleh.

Edit: I miss my staff discount for fuel, one of the few perks working for Woolworths lol.

4 cents a litre isnt much but its still nice to see a little bit off my usual $40 tank of petrol.

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

4 cents a litre isnt much but its still nice to see a little bit off my usual $40 tank of petrol.

Yeah, 4 more cents that they aren't screwing us out of :P

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Lucky bugger... I got 95 yesterday for $1.4/L WITH staff discount...

Currently filling with 98 wherever I can to try stretch a few extra kms out of it. I'm paying $1.39ltr with no discount for 98. The issue is when you get remote see the price get closer to $2.00+ per liter. Also probably no chance of 98.

Have a fun early morning wake up and good luck!

Just finished packing the car. 6 hours until I head off.

Your Surf survived the trip...amazing

Ha. I hear you. I was lucky with a SSR-G the 3.0litre (or 1KZTE) with 5spd man. Factory Recaro's. However... After we pushed it from Perth to Melb in 38hours it bled oil ever since. Suspect head.

My longest drive was probably from Townsville to Melbourne, good luck!

Really hoping to make it to Eucla. That's 1900kms, but anything past Ceduna will be great.

UPDATES TOMORROW.

Ha. I hear you. I was lucky with a SSR-G the 3.0litre (or 1KZTE) with 5spd man. Factory Recaro's. However... After we pushed it from Perth to Melb in 38hours it bled oil ever since. Suspect head.

my previous car before it was destroyed by a rear ending accident was eating oil considerably(and alot randomly usually on long trips)...i considered taking on this exactl trip until reality hit me on the head

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

my previous car before it was destroyed by a rear ending accident was eating oil considerably(and alot randomly usually on long trips)...i considered taking on this exactl trip until reality hit me on the head

2.4?

2.4?

no it was an 2001 xtrail...i forgot to mention that

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

370kms down. Just stopping to swap GoPro SD card and Battery. It was between 2-7degrees the whole way so I'm surprised the battery held out! Very pleased. 10% of the way there. Now just do that 9 more times...

1900 km in a day damn

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

570km down. Had to fill up. Not get great fuel economy. Could be because the car is heavy, could have been the hills leaving Melbourne. We'll have to see... GoPro is going awesome. Can't wait to get the footage edited!

1021km down! Stopped in Port Pirie. Just grabbing some food and going again. I won't make 1900 but should do + 1500 no probs.

GoPro is getting peppered with bugs. Not sure how the footage will come out.

$1.39/liter (Australian, right?) converts to just about $4.00/gallon US.  Where I live gas today is $2.42/gallon US.

Leaving Melbourne - I would love to move to Melbourne (Looked seriously at it a couple times this past year), but also like Perth and Sydney, but Melbourne is like one of the most expensive cities to live in in the world.  Beautiful from the photos on Wiki.

In 2 weeks, we will be making the long drive from St. Louis to Spokane, WA to see friends, detouring for a little bit at Rapid City, SD to see Mt. Rushmore.  Without the detour it's about 1850 mile drive.

There are wildfires all over the NorthWest which has affected breathing air all over that region.  Hopefully they will get a lot of rain and heavy winds.  Oregon is having an especially tough time with the atmosphere right now.

I'd upload some pics of the fires on a map, but this site is unnecessarily difficult to upload JPGs.

I'm retiring for the day. Didn't get as far along as j would have liked at about 1350kms but it'll have to do. I'm tired and have been driving for 16hours now.

Wasted time playing with the GoPros and I got stuck behind some road trains in bad weather on single carriageway.

I think as I cross into WA the speed limit lifts a bit so hopefully can knock out some more. Probably looking at arriving midday on the 3rd day at this stage.

Melbourne is cool, if you can have a inner city lifestyle and then afford it. Which I certainly can't. I have 2 dogs and my daughter and our lifestyle isn't suited to Inner city at a. Hence the move to WA. Beaches and Parks for us.

I'm retiring for the day. Didn't get as far along as j would have liked at about 1350kms but it'll have to do. I'm tired and have been driving for 16hours now.

Wasted time playing with the GoPros and I got stuck behind some road trains in bad weather on single carriageway.

I think as I cross into WA the speed limit lifts a bit so hopefully can knock out some more. Probably looking at arriving midday on the 3rd day at this stage.

Melbourne is cool, if you can have a inner city lifestyle and then afford it. Which I certainly can't. I have 2 dogs and my daughter and our lifestyle isn't suited to Inner city at a. Hence the move to WA. Beaches and Parks for us.

I hear ya. When I first went to Melbourne 3 years ago I was all "This place seems awesome to visit, but I couldn't live here, everyone is too close to one another & it's kinda expensive." plus I think i'm more suited to the semi-rural life style I have here in Northern NSW lol. Saying that I could probably deal with living an hour or so out of Melbourne, where my friend live in Point Cook seemed nice, even if it was a little posh for my bogan tastes :P

Have fun! - 

Just make sure you don't bump into HowToBasic because I'm pretty sure he lives in Perth :)

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Still alive and pushing on! 2415kms down

Is your bum still awake? haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Is your bum still awake? haha

I assume hours upon hours of continuous gaming would have made such things as sitting for a measly 12 hours a day an easy task.

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

I assume hours upon hours of continuous gaming would have made such things as sitting for a measly 12 hours a day an easy task.

I dunno im sat at work and ive only been here a few hours and my ass hurts :P

then again I hate the office chair I have :P even in my super nice chair at home it can still happen

The car might have shitty seats

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

good luck on the drive @d33g33 I've gone from perth to canberra, great drive give's you really the idea that Australia is flat :D

just watch out for the roo's and emu's I've seen too many trips spoiled by them.

what type of car ya going to do it in?

Already ahead of you. The longest span between fuel stations is only 160kms so if you run out of fuel, you're trying to run out of fuel but I will have a 20litre jerry with me.

I thought its closer to 180?, but saying that I didnt bother getting fuel at the nullabour roadhouse since its usually $2+ /L

here's a pic from my trip i think it was around kimba

cdil3UK.jpg?1

Its all about those volumetric clouds