Share your good and bad customer support stories :)

slifer

Worst service-  I had to call 7 times to get Bell to pay to unlock my phone since I paid in full for it and they told me it was unlocked and it wasn't.  

Best -  I bought a sim sticker from knowroaming for my trip to Europe and even if I emailed them in the middle of the night they would respond within 5-10 minutes with an answer to my problem.

one night i got frustrated and smashed my wii U pad on the ground and no physical damage was apparent but i was not charging or turning on anymore...called nintendo gave them serial, was told still under warranty but only for 5 more days (i broke it just in time) it took about 2 weeks and i got a new one for 0$ total...great experience.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 best support people

1 apple- cracked my ipad replaced in 5 minutes for free because i got apple care when i bought it, same with computer when i had hardrive issues.

2. Newegg i thought i didnt recieve my free game with my gtx 770 and even though the item was scanned as being put in the box they sent me another one and then i found the one that cam woth my graphics card(had fallen between bed when unpacking package) and i sold one and made 45 bucks muhahah love newegg so much.

3. Microsoft- when i bought Word i bougt the wrong version and they easily gave me a refund and let me get other one.

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

i dont know about all that but i had a guy bring in his computer at the tech shop i work at and he was complaining about how bad amd sucks etc he just built this rig and it wont work well the adapter that comes with ur gfx card he used it and used one molex connector instead of 2 best part about it he has a 1200 watt psu with PLENTY of pci-e 6 pin connectors

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Called Diamond support. 

Got agent number 2 or something.

That was great. I just directly called someone's desk phone basically

"sure bro, send it in, we'll replace it"

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Worst support

Rockstar Games support took 4 months to fix my GTA online save. The kept sending me to microsoft support, and sent me the same troubleshooting page literally 5 times. Then they wouldn't respond for literally a week later.

Shaw cable is the fucking worst. There shitbox modems will power cycle when it gets too hot, so that's great when its the middle of summer. At my previous POE they set up two internet modems in the same freaking room and charged for two plans, I ended up sorting it out and set up a power-line station to bring a connection to an island (also known as a desk that is too large/bolted to the ground) which normally had a wire taped to the floor then canceled one of the plans. I used power-line cause the connection didn't have to be fast, just reliable, and most PL units have a minimum of 128-bit encryption.

Best support.

My internet goes down about once every 2-3 years cause the modem dies or the underground line connections become corroded. My ISP replaces them for free, and within a timely manner, usually a day or two after reporting the issues. Eastlink is probably the least evil of Canadian ISP's because fuck Telus, but I just wish that Eastlink had faster plans. I get 40 mb/s down and 5 mb/s up, but I'm at uni where its Shaw cable, which is shit. Pings used to be over 100 ms during peak hours, and you would be lucky to get through a 30 second video on youtube without it buffering. It was really bad the first year, I haven't had any real issues this year yet. The modem is ancient as balls, Eastlink gives you a really nice arris (?) modem, which is my current modem at home, its lasted about 2 years so far, with no issues during the summer.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

APPLE Best support ever,

ive had with macs and iphones they just back them and hand you a brand new one.

I find that strange, my mum's had the opposite happen where her macbook's HDD crapped out on her, they kept it from us for about a week, and charged us for the replacement. 

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

My best experience with customer service was hands down with Newegg.com

I ordered a new monitor buddled with a game thinking that is was saving me even more money on the monitor. Yes I realize that was stupid and it was totally my fault.

I contact newegg support to see what my options were, I had not redeemed the game code and still wanted my monitor. 

I explained my situation to my contact and she came back a few minutes later telling me that she could reimburse me the difference for the game and I was even allowed to keep it.

That is great customer service. And working retail I know good customer service.

Halfbreed

I find that strange, my mum's had the opposite happen where her macbook's HDD crapped out on her, they kept it from us for about a week, and charged us for the replacement. 

was it under warranty? is so the guy working there are probably a bunch of dicks 

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

G. skill: I got my first DOA some month ago I was so proud my first DOA a big step in the development of my pc builder skill so I contacted them took 2 hour for a answer the next day the ram were send receive new one after 1 week best experience (also the only good one)

was it under warranty? is so the guy working there are probably a bunch of dicks 

I'm not entirely certain, but I think it was a few months out of warranty (although technically Australia's laws should make that irrelevant)

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

My worse has always been with comcast.  They just have the worse tech support.  When things go out I know if its my equipment or theirs.  All the lines inside my house I ran personally (phone and coax wise).  Even without being in industry its pretty damn easy to tell when its your problem and when its their problem.  They have consistantly been not just the least knowledgeable but the least friendly.  

Best has been with 2 other ISPs.  One was a local company when I lived in chicago.  My company did not offer high speed where I lived and it was before they set me up with a T1 (late 90s).  My internet kept going out constantly over a couple month period and I was just not getting resolution.  Finally One of the techs that came out spotted the problem on their end but gave me the direct number to engineering after we talked and he realized I was in the business.  I got to bypass tech support for any non billing question I had for the rest of the time I had their service.  It was pretty nice calling someone that had a clue right off the bat.  

The 2nd was with ATT of all people.  I had DSL from ATT in 2009.  Was getting really slow speeds suddenly and they sent a tech out.  Turned out to be someone I went to high school with.  He was getting some readings on the very low end of "good" that he would normally just tell the customer the lines were fine.  Since he knew me he went ahead and replaced the line from my house to the pole and 1 segment from pole to pole.  Had great speeds since then before I moved.  

Best experience.  Either Corsair swapping my AX1200 with the AX1200i or EVGA's amazingly fast turn around on my Kingpin RMA

Worse experience.  2 months and counting waiting on ASUS...

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Got this reqest for a free Stamps.com trial with free stamps and a digital USB scale. I had a little trouble signing up so I contacted them. The entire call took less than 5 minutes and was resolved quickly. Even calling to terminate the trial was easy and mostly automated. All the people were friendly and helpful.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

LOL

they work inside a bestbuy.

what did you expect? x;D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Using FedEx. 

i7-4790K @4.0 GHz [] Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark II [] 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz [] EVGA GTX 970 SC [] Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 [] Samsung 840 Series SSD [] Corsair HX750 [] Samsung S27D390HS 27" [] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 [] Corsair M65 RGB [] Razer Kraken Pro [] Windows 8.1 [] http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jix/saved/kYWPxr

Using FedEx. 

good or bad? care to elaborate?

Great to see the thread growing! :D

Well, I recently opted to upgrade my GTX970 to the GTX980 through EVGA's step up program. The process of approving my step up transaction was done on the 2nd business day when I was sent a label to send my old product in. I thought that was really fast and they answered next day to any email questions I sent them.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

OMG! That geeks squad thing was terrifying! That video was awesome........

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

good or bad? care to elaborate?

Great to see the thread growing! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_jkUVgrc0

i7-4790K @4.0 GHz [] Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark II [] 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz [] EVGA GTX 970 SC [] Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 [] Samsung 840 Series SSD [] Corsair HX750 [] Samsung S27D390HS 27" [] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 [] Corsair M65 RGB [] Razer Kraken Pro [] Windows 8.1 [] http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jix/saved/kYWPxr

• 6 months later...

What is your worst customer/ tech support experience you have encountered and from what company?

Share below  :)  :)

To be honest I haven't called a lot of customer supports but I have called a few.

Surprisingly all of them have been top notch and help me with exactly what I wanted. Especially Microsoft.

What is your worst customer/ tech support experience you have encountered and from what company?

Share below  :)  :)

Not really customer/tech support but I had to deal with the stupidity and correct the operator numerous times from Fido. Phone bill was somehow $900 and they said it was because I bought ringtones when at the time I had a Galaxy S4 and you can simply change your ringtone to an MP3. Who the hell buys ringtones anyways.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold