Share your good and bad customer support stories :)

slifer

Share your best experience with any company's support!

I'll go first:

My Razer Blackwidow Ultimate had a faulty LED, and I emailed Razer support. I was turned down a replacement at first because my 1 year warranty was up, but I escalated this case to a person higher up and after a week of emailing, they allowed me to get a replacement keyboard. However, I had to cut my keyboard cord. So I was back to using a membrane keyboard for about two more weeks until the replacement got shipped here (clearing customs took a couple days). Finally it was "supposed" to be here. It was updated on the shipping companies tracking. But I had no keyboard. I was very frustrated at that point. It had been over 2 weeks of using a membrane keyboard, and I had no idea where my package was. I emailed back Razer telling them my problem, and they took action and investigated in this case. After a few days, I was kindly emailed back telling me that they would send me a replacement. As of now, they are sending me a Blackwidow CHROMA Stealth. I got a free upgrade to the Chroma version for all this trouble, for the lost package. (Well worth it IMO)

So lets hear your experiences with support! :D

i went to best buy.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Creative... They flatout refused to even answer a question i had because my soudnblaster x-fi titanium was apparently the bulk version and not the retail one even tho i had bought it from a local retailer.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

i went to best buy.

Come on man! We want to share unique experiences, or great ones. Like how Company X was very quick with their reply and got you back and going with new hardware!

Come on man! We want to share unique experiences, or great ones. Like how Company X was very quick with their reply and got you back and going with new hardware!

i was just being relatable.

best buy... i think they're all strategically placed close to satans nuts and run by zombies.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

ohh! 

i baught a death adder, and thing broke in a week, no matter when how or what i called from razer never got to me. ;'c

-Jim Hensen

Worst: Geek Squad (I am not explaining this or I will break something in rage)

Best: Sony and Newegg. 

geek squad doesnt know geek squat.

''your pc wont turn on? we'll send out whatever teenager we could find off the streets to come and plug it in for you, if its anything beyond that we'll just tell you its completely broken and needs to be replaced.''

-Jim Hensen

Worst: Geek Squad (I am not explaining this or I will break something in rage)

Best: Sony and Newegg. 

Darn the Geek squad one sounds interesting, but I don't think manufactures will replace your "something" after you falcon punch it :P :P

How about the best?

ohh! 

i baught a death adder, and thing broke in a week, no matter when how or what i called from razer never got to me. ;'c

Really? I've had a decent experience with them so far. I guess you need to send in another email or two to get their attention?

geek squad doesnt know geek squat.

Me: "My laptops Wi-Fi card is broken"

Geek Squad: *Replaces the HDD, and the display*

*Display is broken when I get it and they took the Sony warranty sticker* 

That was the FIRST time I sent it in. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Darn the Geek squad one sounds interesting, but I don't think manufactures will replace your "something" after you falcon punch it :P :P

How about the best?

Really? I've had a decent experience with them so far. I guess you need to send in another email or two to get their attention?

I said the best was Sony and Newegg. They actually knew about stuff and wanted to help me. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

How about the best?

or the fifth....

i just got tired of waiting around and got a logitech m510 from walmart for 20 bucks. works to this day without a single problem and has gotten rid of my finger cramps. (other than the ones cause by the membrane keyboard, i cant stand how it feels and i legitamaltely need to take breaks from typing )

-Jim Hensen

or the fifth....

i just got tired of waiting around and got a logitech m510 from walmart for 20 bucks. works to this day without a single problem and has gotten rid of my finger cramps. (other than the ones cause by the membrane keyboard, i cant stand how it feels and i legitamaltely need to take breaks from typing )

mechanical is the way to go! just dont get any more razer products from your experiences :P :P

Not that bad if you compare Best Buy to Fry's.....

atleast they sell good stuff....

-Jim Hensen

Oh boy, this is going to be a novel of a post, wall of text inbound!

So back when DS prepare to die edition was still on GFWL, i had the ever so popular error of not being able to use GFWL, the good ol' "your PC is missing a component required for games for windows live" error. Clicking on the "get more info" button takes you straight away to a microsoft help page on syncing your Zune with Windows... Very informative! After a few weeks of not being able to play the game i finally had it and contacted microsoft support for help on the issue. First round was one of the "Games for Windows Live, Live help Feeds" that they promoted on their site. After explaining the issue to the guy he then sent me off on a goose chase with a nonexistent support phone number. Round 2 came around, same deal with live feed help, and i was actually given a proper phone number to ring up. Talked to the guy on the other end of the phone for about 30 minutes before he realized that even though i said computer and games for windows live marketplace, a PC only program, that i was on a PC, and not an Xbox. He promptly shipped me off to someone else in marketing, who after about 5 minutes said and i quote "I have no real idea why he would patch you through to me, i hand sales questions... Let me patch you back over to Xbox support!" and before i could say anything i was back at Xbox support. They then tossed me over to their windows support line after realizing yet again, i was on a PC, not an Xbox. The windows support guy finally actually gave me some answers, despite none of them being to the problem i originally came there with. He at least was able to tell me that microsoft shut down the games for windows live support team, which didnt actually help me at all. So, all in all, i got no real answers, talked to a LOT of random strangers and a couple guys who seemed pretty chill all on a phone, taking up a grand total of 7 hours of my time. Huray phone support lines :D

P.S. Dark souls is still broken, and the games for windows live error still takes you to a page about syncing zune to your computer :l 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

mechanical is the way to go! just dont get any more razer products from your experiences :P :P

some of thier stuff looks nice and i want it! like thier new keyboard mouse pad combo theyve unvieled this year.

but yeah...

im looking for a g710+ for cheap... :/

-Jim Hensen

You could throw a EVGA GPU at a wall, and light it on fire and they would still replace it.

ILY Evga.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

APPLE Best support ever,

ive had with macs and iphones they just back them and hand you a brand new one.

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

Worst, samsung by a mile and then netgear as I don't think the support guys have any idea as to what product I own nevermind what I needs fixing.  Best in my experience is Dell, despite me despising all dell consumer products. 

Bought a SSD on amazon ( along with some other computer parts ), returned it because it was DOA. Was refunded for the SSD, along with an HDD they accidentally refunded. Called customer service said I could keep the money.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Dick Smith Electronics. Australian retail store.

OK prices

Bullshit service

I go to buy a notebook, they try to sell me a bunch of poop, I tell them what I want and they try to prevent me from buying it. I tell them I've done my research and want to buy it. They give up take it to the counter.

IIRC this is how it went down at the register.

Do you want the extended warranty? No thanks.

Are you sure? Yep.

If your warranty expires and something happen- No.

Do you want an Antivirus? Nope.

Are you sure? Yep.

You really shoul- I have one.

These are the newes- No.

What if- no.

What about a cas- Don't need one.

It's easie- no.

What about a bigger charg- The one included is fine.

It charges fast- no thanks.

Bigger batter- No.

It last's long- no.

Mous- No.

Hard drive- no

RAM? no.

Microsoft offic- no.

Wireles- no.

They kept going and I ended up not buying my notebook from there. I ended up never going there again. That was in 2011. I bought my notebook from Harvey Normans. Was cheaper there too.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Oh boy, this is going to be a novel of a post, wall of text inbound!

So back when DS prepare to die edition was still on GFWL, i had the ever so popular error of not being able to use GFWL, the good ol' "your PC is missing a component required for games for windows live" error. Clicking on the "get more info" button takes you straight away to a microsoft help page on syncing your Zune with Windows... Very informative! After a few weeks of not being able to play the game i finally had it and contacted microsoft support for help on the issue. First round was one of the "Games for Windows Live, Live help Feeds" that they promoted on their site. After explaining the issue to the guy he then sent me off on a goose chase with a nonexistent support phone number. Round 2 came around, same deal with live feed help, and i was actually given a proper phone number to ring up. Talked to the guy on the other end of the phone for about 30 minutes before he realized that even though i said computer and games for windows live marketplace, a PC only program, that i was on a PC, and not an Xbox. He promptly shipped me off to someone else in marketing, who after about 5 minutes said and i quote "I have no real idea why he would patch you through to me, i hand sales questions... Let me patch you back over to Xbox support!" and before i could say anything i was back at Xbox support. They then tossed me over to their windows support line after realizing yet again, i was on a PC, not an Xbox. The windows support guy finally actually gave me some answers, despite none of them being to the problem i originally came there with. He at least was able to tell me that microsoft shut down the games for windows live support team, which didnt actually help me at all. So, all in all, i got no real answers, talked to a LOT of random strangers and a couple guys who seemed pretty chill all on a phone, taking up a grand total of 7 hours of my time. Huray phone support lines :D

P.S. Dark souls is still broken, and the games for windows live error still takes you to a page about syncing zune to your computer :l 

Darn man that sounds like pretty bad service.. and a waste of your 7 hours...

Best: Amazon, always helping, always going the extra mile for awesome customer service no matter what my inquiry is.

Worst: Lets see...Razer support has blocked/ignored me. Haven't even bought anything from them and certainly won't now since this is how they'd treat me as a customer. Microsoft support is pretty clueless but I still have hope I can get through to them if I word my instructions carefully. :P