Share your good and bad customer support stories :)

slifer

I called my ISPs hotline to check on a connectivity issue with a Japanese server that I was playing with....

The server is confirmed up through my buddies on different ISPs in different parts of the world...

The moment I said 'routing' the rep hung up on me... not once but twice...

I called my ISPs hotline to check on a connectivity issue with a Japanese server that I was playing with....

The server is confirmed up through my buddies on different ISPs in different parts of the world...

The moment I said 'routing' the rep hung up on me... not once but twice...

Ouch ... 

Our ISP is super dependent on one International Gateway so when the Gateway fails ... International speed slowed to a crawl ... And this has happen a lot lately ... But they have no insurance or compensation for their customers , they still collect money evenly ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Myself, I can be lazy sometimes...

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Bell. It took my dad 40 minutes to cancel our Internet and TV services. The customer service representative wouldn't proceed with the cancellation until we answered his questions, after which he offered a shitty package that we already knew we weren't interested in. Yay.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Bell. It took my dad 40 minutes to cancel our Internet and TV services. The customer service representative wouldn't proceed with the cancellation until we answered his questions, after which he offered a shitty package that we already knew we weren't interested in. Yay.

had problem transfering my Bell services ... thank GOD I switched.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I CANNOT LIST all of the bad service from them I have gotten, finally got $300 of bogus charges off of my bill. EDIT (I fucked up the quote :P)

The benchmark for bad service. 

Heh.

One of the more interesting things about Comcast support is their recorded phone messages. When their Internet service has an outage as you navigate through their phone menu, you eventually get to a point where the automated system will tell you there is an Internet outage in your area. It will then tell you to go to their website for more details.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

I was trying to install Windows 7 Pro (not an upgrade key!) but I was given support from someone in India and I couldn't really understand them. It really wasn't even their accent, they were using a lot of their native language as they talked to me. Finally the lady on the phone came to the conclusion I was using an upgrade key and not an install key, but I told her I was looking at the box and it does not—as she said it does—contain the words "upgrade only". Finally, after not being able to use my brand new key for over a weak, I was forced to buy another one.

The absolute worst though is TWC. Every single call. Every single need of support. I am not kidding you. It really is every time. For example they keep giving me horrible routers/modem things that break in a month and then when they come down to give me another one (that looks used no less) it takes them weeks after the time they said they would be there. The same when they need to make repairs on cables or the VCR thing. And when my tv goes out or some channels aren't working anymore even though I'm paying a shtakoton of money for them I call them, only to sit on the phone for hours until at the end I get a, "Have you tried powering it off?".

.... <_<

(on another note that some people might not believe...the best I have had to date is HP. I called them to help me set up Win8 and the chick I talked to seriously knew her stuff. Took me through the entire process in less than 40 minutes. I was amazed.)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Dell, back before I was into computers I bought a Dell desktop that didn't work, I was on the phone for over 12 hours with some guy who did't speek English, and fell asleep. I will NEVER, buy a Dell product again.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

BT... 

Anyone in the UK who has ever tried to call them for anything what so ever should know my pain...

I agree, when we upgraded our broadband to fiber optic we had to deal with their "Customer Service", what a joke, took us a month to get them to replace the old telephone socket with a new one.

• 4 weeks later...

I have realised something. As a whole, the custom PC industry tends to have very good customer service compared to others and I feel that we are extremely lucky for it. I have a few stories I think are worth sharing, and I would absolutely love to hear some of your own :)

The Good:

Galax/KFA2: Formally known as "Galaxy", I will support and buy this brand(no matter how rare or expensive) until the day I die...or they fall off the face of the earth again. They have done everything from hold back an extremely fast selling GPU that was near impossible to get in the USA at the time for me until I could afford it, to sending me a free shirt for supporting them so long when I jokingly asked for it in an email. That's another thing about them. Their email support is the second fastest I have ever seen besides Sapphire. Not saying they are gonna do the same for everyone but if you have two of their old 9800 GT's and two of their 780 Ti's laying around, are looking to buy a 980 HOF, and write them a really nice email about how you love them I think they may ;)

BitFenix: Like Galax, I will also love them until the diy I die. My Neos was missing a mobo screw so I wrote them complaining about how I didn't have any matching black ones and didn't wanna buy a whole pack just for one. I also asked if I could buy more of their white PCI slot covers since the ones on the case are pop outs and it only comes with one that's reusable. Not only did they send me an extra black mobo screw but they also sent me 6 PCI slot covers for free!!! They could have just ignored me, told me to use a silver mobo screw, or just go buy another black one and some white covers off eBay. I honestly wouldn't have really cared but they were extremely nice when they didn't really have to be.

Sapphire: That very tiny blue LED on my 270X Toxic had a flicker. I simply emailed them to ask if it was normal and told them I wasn't bothered, just curious. They got back within an hour and treated it like the end of the world. A few emails between us later and they had TigerDirect who I ordered it from send me a replacement, plus a return box for the defective one via free UPS Second Day shipping.

Dell/Alienware: Not really in this catagory but still a great experience for me. When I got my first job I ordered my big sister the original Area-51 M15x that she really wanted. All she played was the original Sims but loved the pink Alien-FX LED's. The GPU in it had a poor solder job and would crash so I had to exercise my warranty rights. Not only did they replace it but they replaced it with a higher tier model. I hear they suck now though, but who buys anything Dell in 2015? :P

The Bad:

Asus: I absolutely love them so much and my P8P67 WS Revoltion and my Crosshair V Formula-Z are both amazing boards that have never gave me any problems. Back when I bought my sister her Alienware laptop though, I got jealous of her mobile performce and wanted my own desktop replacement. I went to Best Buy and picked up the exclusive G51VX-X1A which was nowhere near as good as hers but good enough for me. The GPU started dying after only four months and I'd get blue screens everytime it was running for 20 minutes...if I was even lucky enough for it to boot up. I went to RMA it, and while they eventually did, it was only after getting walked through three different power cycle procedures. :/

Sorry for the long post but I love a good customer service experience, whether it be yours or mine. Also I just want to add that I don't think I'll ever buy another laptop with a dedicated GPU based on my experiences, and the horror stories of many others. :(

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Logitech- I paid $300 for a g27..I needed support with it. I called them gave them my SN of it and they hung up and never called back.

ASUS- Told them there was a bug in the new BIOS update for my motherboard.. They told me to RMA it.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Microsoft- couldnt install leagal copy of office pro on to legal copy of windows 7 and spoke to 17 different people and none got it to work, total time on the phone 1.4 days

That was like 5 years ago

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

"Hello, this is Steve Wilson with Microsoft Technical Department! It appears you have virus on your computer"

"Are you in India?"

"No, I am in New York"

"But my equipment says you are in Mississipi!"

Good:
I was trying to get my Windows Product Key from my PC so that I could have a copy in case I messed something up when going to Win10 in the near future. I looked at a website my friend suggested and the website said to use a specific cmd.exe line; I did it, and it REMOVED my product key!

I freaked out, called Lenovo, and they fixed it; even though my product wasn't registered (whoops). Only took about 10 mins to fix, but I was scared to death non-the-less.

Worse:
I had just installed my free student copy of Visual Studio 2013. Tried to use it, and it wouldn't work. Said "Invalid product key". I never entered one; it never asked for it.
I google around, no one has had this problem.
I go back to the dreamspark site, find the product key it was supposed to give me, and entered it. 
Same problem.
I call Microsoft.
"You didn't pay for it so we cannot help you" is the basics of what they told me.
I get fed up, decide to reinstall, put the product key in ASAP, and it fixed.

They could have just told me that was what I needed to do <.<

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

The only customer service I have had to deal with was corsair and it was fantastic. The first time was when the usb pass through came doa. They gave me a return label, I sent the keyboard and received a new one. the second time was more recent and didn't think they would help me as the warranty was out. The cable going into the keyboard had broken and even shorted out and burned. They gave me a 30 day temp warranty and replaced the whole keyboard.

• 4 months later...

Tell me your worst tech or client experiences below.

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

not worst but this happened to  today

someone tryed to boot a computer by turning the monitor on

not worst but this happened to  today

someone tryed to boot a computer by turning the monitor on

Woah, thats sad.

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

I ate a GPU once.

I still display signs of it today 

(I am so sorry)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

The worst isnt the tech, its the idiots that dont know how to use it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

A kid in my engineering class got impatient waiting for a computer to finish start up repair so he just un-plugged it,

Lets just say the computer doesn't even recognize the boot drive any more.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

The worst isnt the tech, its the idiots that dont know how to use it

Exactly,

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black