Facebook MSI sneaks peaks of Lightning edition

Ah, found some sweet pictures of the new lightning edition. (I think at computex they had it hiding under a box? I really don't remember but the new design looks amazing! I wonder how this is going to rival something like the HOF Galaxy 780 (that card alone in its name is awesome)

Please nice feed back and discussion! And I ask, what would you like to see in the new lightning?   

Founded here on this facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/msiczech

post-15325-0-41140200-1375812173.jpg

post-15325-0-87174500-1375812182.jpg

post-15325-0-68887800-1375812192_thumb.j

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

0.0 **Drools.... Wow, I wouldn't mine have one of those lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I can agree on that man! 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

What I really want are some titans for folding, but this would do lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

3 fans, sweet, hope it OC's well:)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

From an extreme overclocking point of view I think it is going to be hard for many of these higher end cards to compete. The HOF 780 comes with a completely seperate PCB just for voltage tuning, so far it is in a league of its own. 

All we have seen from MSI about the lighting is some pics of fans, 30 sec videos of well....nothing really but teasers, and a blurry box at trade shows. I hope what ends up coming out isn't just an overhyped 780 with a 'special' fan. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

From an extreme overclocking point of view I think it is going to be hard for many of these higher end cards to compete. The HOF 780 comes with a completely seperate PCB just for voltage tuning, so far it is in a league of its own. 

All we have seen from MSI about the lighting is some pics of fans, 30 sec videos of well....nothing really but teasers, and a blurry box at trade shows. I hope what ends up coming out isn't just an overhyped 780 with a 'special' fan. 

I can not say how much I agree on this. I am hoping we see some major work put into msi cards. But I find is really sad when a special edition has an extra fan or a slightly higher over clock. 

The HOF edition is what I personally wish to have out of most higher end graphics cards. I mean really if your going to be buying a higher end 780 like the Lightning would you want to expect higher rated hardware spec with more overclocking friendly things add to it. I mean a voltage meter is cool and all and on a lot of these overclocker branded cards but this past generation or so we really have not seen something like the HOF. 

But I have to say, that the MSI cards due come with a separate PCB as well just for voltage. Called there GPU reactor I think. Any who, I cant want to see some true IN game benchmarks on both HOF, Lightning and other great cards. 

(Btw thanks for the great reply!)

Aww thank you MSI that is sweet, I love you even more now :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I like the colour scheme but just not the look of the fans, they look like they would be incredibly loud

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

EVERYONE. TOMORROW IS THE RELEASE OF THE CARD. PREPARE YOURSELVES, THE STORM IS COMING!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

EVERYONE. TOMORROW IS THE RELEASE OF THE CARD. PREPARE YOURSELVES, THE STORM IS COMING!

Can't wait to see the whole card and its cooling performance + benchmarks! 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I can not say how much I agree on this. I am hoping we see some major work put into msi cards. But I find is really sad when a special edition has an extra fan or a slightly higher over clock. 

The HOF edition is what I personally wish to have out of most higher end graphics cards. I mean really if your going to be buying a higher end 780 like the Lightning would you want to expect higher rated hardware spec with more overclocking friendly things add to it. I mean a voltage meter is cool and all and on a lot of these overclocker branded cards but this past generation or so we really have not seen something like the HOF. 

But I have to say, that the MSI cards due come with a separate PCB as well just for voltage. Called there GPU reactor I think. Any who, I cant want to see some true IN game benchmarks on both HOF, Lightning and other great cards. 

(Btw thanks for the great reply!)

You are right, MSI does have the reactor, it slipped my mind. The small PCB that connects to the back of the card above the GPU if memory serves me right? Having trouble finding a pic.

HOF seems to have taken it to a higher level:

A separate external power supply module also ships with the GeForce GTX 780 HOF which can be bought offering an 8 Phase PWM with its own set of voltage adjustment and tuning points powered via three 8 Pin connectors. A must have for LN2 overclocking.

http://www.technationnews.com/2013/07/25/galaxy-geforce-gtx-780-hof-edition-is-a-beast-ships-with-external-power-supply-module/

GTX-780-HOF_PSU-Module-635x470.jpg

It is flat out nuts. 

Well I eagerly await tomorrows release of the lightning (and the HOF ship date)... as I want to see your impressions. *fingers crossed* it lives up to the hype.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

You are right, MSI does have the reactor, it slipped my mind. The small PCB that connects to the back of the card above the GPU if memory serves me right? Having trouble finding a pic.

HOF seems to have taken it to a higher level:

http://www.technationnews.com/2013/07/25/galaxy-geforce-gtx-780-hof-edition-is-a-beast-ships-with-external-power-supply-module/

GTX-780-HOF_PSU-Module-635x470.jpg

It is flat out nuts. 

Well I eagerly await tomorrows release of the lightning (and the HOF ship date)... as I want to see your impressions. *fingers crossed* it lives up to the hype.

Compared to the HOF extra card, the Lightning has NOTHING. The 8 phase power design plus the huge ass amount of cooling is shoves off. Nothing less the Lightning is sure to at least put up a good fight with the HOF.

Just wait, the HOF overclocked could beat a Titan, lol.  

I lost it this morning when they pushed back the lightning release another 21 days, i just bought myself a 780 classy, it doesnt looks as good but i plan on watercooling in a few months so it wont really matter. Im very dissapointed its taking this long to release that card.

@

recently the classified trumped the titan for fastest single card GPU so theres that :L

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Delayed....21 days....wow. Though the HOF 780 Still isn't shipping yet either. /sigh.

Enjoy your card. 

Delayed....21 days....wow. Though the HOF 780 Still isn't shipping yet either. /sigh.

Enjoy your card. 

yea, i was super dissapointed, boght the classy instead :unsure: . the HOF is on amazon and says nothing about not shipping yet...

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-GeForce-Express-Graphics-78XNH5DV8PXV/dp/B00DZIFN4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375896451&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+780+hof

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Pathetic. At least I can get the HAWK. That I wanted really badly.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

yea, i was super dissapointed, boght the classy instead :unsure: . the HOF is on amazon and says nothing about not shipping yet...

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-GeForce-Express-Graphics-78XNH5DV8PXV/dp/B00DZIFN4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375896451&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+780+hof

Showing 9 in stock from tiger direct! But...crap...I can't order until next week. lol. *sigh*

what they have put the release back 21 day ive been waiting to order on all day but conuldnt find any an this is why eeeeeeeeeeee i get so mad  :angry:   :) lol 

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

I lost it this morning when they pushed back the lightning release another 21 days, i just bought myself a 780 classy, it doesnt looks as good but i plan on watercooling in a few months so it wont really matter. Im very dissapointed its taking this long to release that card.

@Hashiyan

recently the classified trumped the titan for fastest single card GPU so theres that :L

It sucks I know, but personally I use a GTX 660 ti from MSI that gets the job done for me. I really would love to have a lightning card but I don't have a job. 

But alas I hope they put some improvements on the card. I mean people better, and I mean BETTER see some really performance improvement on this card. I know people do not want to see the new hyped up Lightning card just to have 3 fans and a slightly higher binned GPU core that is already factory overclocked. People want to see SHEER performance on this. If there is a factory overclock then getting the card is a little worthless and overpriced in my opinion, for there won't be anymore headroom to overclock it anymore. 

For making us wait even more still... It better be worth it. 

Enjoy your card. 

Well its a bummer, I mean I doubt they personally need to ship that many HOF cards. Manufacturer hardly make money off higher end GPU's due to cost. And most of the time they freely give off there GPU's to popular overclockers like its free money.  So I doubt they would need to ship that many of them. 

Same goes with Lightning, there will be only a select amount of people that will go for it at the moment. People will tend to stay with there 660-770 or there 7770-7970 for now until the average consumer can save up enough cash to want to invest in something like that (which I personally thinks is dumb, they have something that works well, they don't need a OC dream card when most of them wont push it with water or even LN2 (Not everyone uses LN2 but you get my point) like most OCers. Still its a nice card, just not meant for everyone. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ_J8K3mvKA

The comments in this video is just wonderful, this comes from MSI youtube page. 

They might want to speed things up a little bit, the 9000 series are creeping up.

Yeah. By then the Lightning will be over passed. AMD is taking no prisoners this generation.

that card looks pretty sweet! it strikes a fine balance between aggressive and sweet! :D

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

that card looks pretty sweet! it strikes a fine balance between aggressive and sweet! :D

More like Elegant and Craftsmanship. But We do have to say, MSI didn't keep the end of the deal.