Rate my Picture.

Hey guys,

So i was in Blois (France) and i shot this picture.

(RAW)

Zfnz35C.jpg

I was not very happy with it in the first place. So i opened up Photoshop.

ZwsXRvw.jpg

I think it looks pretty good but i want you guys oppinion.

If you want to download it please do it via Daviantart: http://sterreprop.deviantart.com/art/Blois-4K-390893176

-Mark

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

I really like it, the edited one really changes it.

I would have (personally) edited the original with Lightroom at first, to see if I can correct/change a few things, before doing a whole effect with Photoshop, don't forget you shoot RAW, you can tweak everything you want with Lightroom.

I edited the raw footage. When you open a .NEF file with photoshop it will give you the same options as in lightroom.

Just as you know it there already a thread for this :)http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/17966-rate-the-photo-above-you/

I know.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

I'm not usually in to urban photography but you did a great job with this, well done.

Its nice as one of those shots to remind you where the album was from.

Can I get the RAW file to play with and I'll post the result?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Its nice as one of those shots to remind you where the album was from.

Can I get the RAW file to play with and I'll post the result?

Sure.

Can you post the result in this thread?

Sure.

Can you post the result in this thread?

Yes

Extreme B&W anyone?

DSC_0029.jpg

THat's really extreme, high contrast. Bordering on crazy, but hey, I was having fun.

Colour:

Vinet is abit extreme on this, and I'd probably redo it if I was going to be using it.

DSC_0029-2.jpg

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Yes

Extreme B&W anyone?

DSC_0029.jpg

THat's really extreme, high contrast. Bordering on crazy, but hey, I was having fun.

Colour:

Vinet is abit extreme on this, and I'd probably redo it if I was going to be using it.

DSC_0029-2.jpg

The b&w one is realy nice but a bit to much vignette. (but that is personal)

On the color one, i realy like the blue from the parking meter but there is something with the red sign. (i was having problems with this color when i was making mine).

The b&w one is realy nice but a bit to much vignette. (but that is personal)

On the color one, i realy like the blue from the parking meter but there is something with the red sign. (i was having problems with this color when i was making mine).

I purposely made it like that. I wanted it abit brighter to stand out abit. If I took abit more time editing, I probably could get a better tone out of it.

15" MBP TB

I like the edited version more.  My eye is more drawn to the parking meter as it stands out more.  In the unedited photo, I think I may have wanted the colors to be a bit more vibrant or saturated.  Nice job!

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers